Always:Part 1 (YongShin)

One Shots

A/N: And because I am so loving the new kdrama "Descendants of the Sun", I thought of giving my co-dooliers the chance to fantasize Shinhye and Yonghwa portraying the lead roles. Shinhye is also considering a Doctor role for her upcoming drama "Doctors/ Female Gangster Hye Jung" (http://asianwiki.com/Doctors_%28Korean_Drama%29) Plus I really do like Yonghwa's army cut. Suits him well.

Shinhye's look: https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi966.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fae145%2Fockoala%2FK-dramas%2FK-dramas001%2Fdsaads.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkoalasplayground.com%2F2016%2F06%2F02%2Fkim-rae-won-and-park-shin-hye-glow-with-chemistry-in-new-official-stills-from-doctors%2F&docid=W4R-uUgmg_Xv7M&tbnid=c829k9KvXlFDoM%3A&w=600&h=899&bih=657&biw=1366&ved=0ahUKEwiHwdDYqvPPAhXFE5QKHSGsBBcQMwggKAQwBA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Yonghwa's look:

1 https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fhj4tQYF.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyongseointernational.com%2F130421-photo-yonghwa-for-the-fnc-magazine%2F&docid=WceOM74ER-IvEM&tbnid=QlnfGneIepuRUM%3A&w=1000&h=667&ei=wTnwVvGwAsOj0gTV76GoCA

2 https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-uUQBHpbs0TE%2FUQbFb__2RYI%2FAAAAAAAAA1Q%2FP-ESHyTthm4%2Fs1600%2FYonghwa%2Bmilitary.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Forrigoshi.blogspot.com%2F2013%2F01%2Fget-k-pop-look-military-style.html&docid=opuz9opn3E5GRM&tbnid=z_IzTnqWJH-jVM%3A&w=500&h=603&ei=4TjwVvnLNYGo0ATcq7GICQ

3 https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile219.uf.daum.net%2Fimage%2F03765A4D5197BA610E525B&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyongshinifc.blogspot.com%2F2013%2F05%2Fjung-yong-hwa-in-fnc-magazine-no-2.html&docid=xxbB_9jeRmaZUM&tbnid=bCAs8cNkUj7QiM%3A&w=945&h=1241&ei=wTnwVvGwAsOj0gTV76GoCA

Hope you'll like it.

 

***

"Doctor Park! The Chairman needs to see you." I took my mask off and looked at the nurse who just called me.

"Did he tell you why he needs to see me?" I asked and took my gloves off. I just finished up a surgery and now I am being summoned by the Chairman. I thought I would finally have my rest. "Aniyo, he just told me to call you." I sighed and just gave the nurse a nod as a reply.

So I immediately went up to the highest floor of the building to meet up with me the Chairman. I used the elevator in going up and bumped in with my collegues.

"Oh Doctor Park how are you? I heard that you just finished another successful surgery well done! You really deserved your promotion." A senior doctor said but his face expression beg to differ. 
"Thank you for your sincere compliment Doctor Lee. Promotions are just the result of hardwork and true sincerity of saving people lives in our field of medicine and not by clutching on the high ranks and filling them up with sweet lies just to save yourself." I said in a sarcastic way. The elevator opened and I walked my way out. Being with those kind of people makes me feel breathless.

As soon as I arrived at the Chairman's office, I knocked three times and went it.

"Shinhye? It's good that you're here already." The Chairman swiveled his chair to face me holding up some documents on his hand. "I'd like to ask you somethng."

"What is it Mr. Chairman?" I asked in a formal tone. And he just chuckled and smirk at me. On the other hand, I was still in my place.

"I know that you already know  the expansions and health missions the hospital and the company is doing. And because of that, the board agreed on having medical missions outside Korea with the help of the Government. You are here because, you know your collegues as well and I would like to ask you who do you think is the best to lead this mission?"

"I think the best person who can lead  that medical mission is.." I closed my eyes and think. "I think it is me."

"Shinhye.. what are you saying? I didn't ask you to come here to assign you for that, I ask..."

"No Dad.. I wanna lead that medical mission." I said with determination.

"Shinhye-yah.. I don't understand  why.."

"I need to do this Dad, to prove everyone that I am capable of such things. That I do deserve where I am right now."

"But you don't have to, you are my daughter. You are a great doctor. And that is enough."

"I'm not doing this because I am your daughter Abeoji, I am doing this because I'm a doctor. I'm doing this for myself."

"Do you really have to?"

 

...

 

"Okay Team let's complete all our given tasks in this medical mission and come back home in one piece." I said as my team and I boarded to the airport. We flew for over hours that seems like days and arrived at Urk,our destination.

"Aigoo.. we've been waiting for hours and our pick up hasn't arrive yet. Stupid." Krystal, one of the doctors assigned to come ranted.

"Yah just wait a little bit okay?" Jungshin, my bestfriend and is also a doctor replied.

After a few minutes, we heard some noise coming from above.

"Omo, is that a helicopter? Are we really going to ride on that? Daebak!" Onew, another doctor friend of mine, jump happily as the helicopter flew towards us and landed.

The strong wind gushed towards us causing my scarf to fly away. I followed it and tried to catch it. "Ahh sincha.." I said as I thought I caught it but it slipped through my hands and was caught by another hand.

"Kamsam..ni..da--" I raised my head a bit and was about to thank the one who caught my scarf when I turned to silence. My mind went blank and as if my throat was burning I couldn't speak, even a single word. I felt numb as he slowly gazed at me. Then I stared back into his eyes. It was cold. He was expressionless. I couldn't read him at all. And I knew shock was all over my face and I failed to remain calm.

It's been years since we last met. It has been years but he still look the same but not the way he looked at me. It felt like I know him and not.

"Yong...hwa?" I muttered still looking right back to him.

"Park Shinhye-ssi.." I felt different. I was hurt with how he called me with formality. I was hurt with the tone he used to call my name. On how he said my name with nothing. Like we were strangers to each other... although we are not. For he, is the one who caught my heart.

"H..how are you?" I asked stuttering. Searching words in my mind that I could speak to him.

"As you can see, I am doing fine." He said coldly.

"Ahh yeah.. What--"

"I am Captain Jung Yonghwa, Head of the Moworu Company that is assigned in the Military missions held here in Urk. This man on my left is Sergeant Lee Jonghyun, the Second in Command and this man on the left is Doctor Kang Minhyuk, our assigned Special Forces Military Doctor. Welcome to Blaqui Headquarters. If you need any help of assistance just ask any of us." He cut me off and introduced himself and the others.

"I am Park Shinhye, Head Doctor of the Park Group Medical Assistance Mission Team." I said looking at him. He stared at me for a while and then looked away.

"Jung Krystal, General Surgeon Doctor."

"Lee Jung Shin, Handsome Doctor haha. Pleasure to serve."

"Onew, Psychiatrist. Please take good care of us."

 

After meeting all the crew, we set up our booths and unpack our loads. Then we had prepare a small feast altogether with the medical staffs and the army.

"Now can we all have a toast? For the success of our missions here in Urk. Cheers!" Jungshin said as he raised his glass up and so did we. "Cheers!"

Everyone was eating and having a great time. Might as well have this night for fun before we start off with what we came here for.

"Shinhye-yah do you know that guy?" Jungshin asked me.

"Who?" I asked him back.

"That guy over there, the one who the soldiers call Big Boss." Jungshin pointed Yonghwa with his lips.

"Kind of... just an acquaintance from before. Don't mind him."

"But it doesn't seems like he's just a mere fellow from the past. He seems like your ex. He smells bitter. Yah come on Shinhye-yah, I'm your bestfriend you can tell me." I sighed. I really can't lie or keep a secret from Jungshin.

"Okay fine. Pshh we kind of do know each other..." I said.

"And? Come on tell me." Jungshin said.

"Well..We met in college. I was still in med school and he was still a trainee in the army. Our paths crossed when we had our thesis. Our scope of study focused on the Headquarters of the Army where Yonghwa was training. He was the officer in charge in one group. And their group was assigned to accompany us in our thesis. So we kind of  developed some feelings towards each other."

"I don't think that you two just 'kind of developed feelings to each other'." He said while one eyebrow raised.

"Aish sincha, okay fine. We..liked each other before.." I said.

"Just liked?"

"Yeah we just liked each other... alot."

"Alot means, you both love each other. Am I wrong?"

"Loved..with d okay?"

"So what happened to you? How did you break up?"

"I went abroad to focus on my studies. And I thought we couldn't handle a long distance relationship so.."

"You broke up with?" I nod as a reply. "I guess that's why he's bitter. Then might as well have this chance to have closure with him. See if how things will go."

"I guess so. Maybe, that's why fate let us meet."

 

***

 

A/N: Well this is the first part. I didn't expect it to be this long so..I have to cut this into parts. But no, it wont be a chapter like novel. More like a short story. I can't promise that the next update will be the sequel of this part. So please anticipate. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote, subscribe and comment. Ciao~