Christmas wish

Christmas wish

 

 

 “No Myungie-hyung! You can't put a red ball here while there's already one juste above!”

 

“Where do I put it then, Jongie?”

 

“What about here?”

 

“No Yeollie-hyung. There are already too much decorations here.”

 

“What about hanging this white snowflake instead?”

 

“Oooh, that's a great idea, Hoya-hyung!”

 

Sungjong took the shining snowflake from Hoya's hands and went to hang it on the branch of the christmas tree, under the kind gazes of the other three in the room.

 

“And here we are!! There's only the star missing on the top!”

 

“Wait, Jongie. You've already done a lot, I will put it.”

 

Hoya delicately took the golden star from its box and put on the very top of the Christmas tree. Then, lights suddenly in order to let place to a magical view. The blue and red sparkles married perfectly with the silver wreathes. The glints in the scarlet balls and the white snowflakes were only making everything more beautiful. This soft halo of light warmed up the white room because of its festive glitters and its lovely aura.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol joined Sungjong under the fir. The three of them stayed like this a little while, eyes full of enchantment in front of the Christmas magic and arms tangled to each other. Hoya was standing back, fondly smiling to the three youngers happiness. But while everything seemed so perfect, a sob suddenly broke the sweet silence.

 

“Yeollie-hyung, why are you crying?” Sungjong asked, facing worriedly his friend.

 

“I … It's just that … this moment … I would like to remember it forever but … we all know that tomorrow morning, when I will wake up … I will forget everything … ” He finished in a muffled whisper.

 

“Don't say that, hyung. Maybe your brain will forget everything but your heart won't. It will remember everything, forever.”

 

The determination in Myungsoo's eyes and words immediately conforted Sungyeol and this last one sighed and then found his wonderful smile back again.

 

“You're right, Myungie. Let's enjoy the time we still have and make some unforgettable memories for our hearts!”

 

The two other boys agreed with the older's words before sitting on the soft carpet.

Hoya was still watching the scene from the corner of the room. He was impressed by the bravery the three boys had in them. Those three patients were so young and yet, they had so much life in them. It was so unfair what was happening to them but they could however accept it and enjoy their last moments, each one with his own way.

Sungyeol had been accepted in this clinic more than a year ago already. He was the patient who had lived the longer in this little medical center. Affected by an illness that was erasing his memories daily, he was fighting every morning in order to remember who he was, the people around him, but mostly the beautiful moments that he could have lived the passed few days. But despite this handicap, he was constantly keeping his smile, enjoying each moment that he had with his friends, engraving those precious memories in his heart forever.

Sungyeol was not alone to fight his sickness. Myungsoo was helping him a lot since their meeting. This last one had been accepted in the clinic because of his pneumonia in terminal phase. His lungs were deterioting day by day and they could dropped him at any time. But despite that, the young man had found in this a good reason to live his passion for photography at its maximum. Every second, every moment was immortalized. And every morning, when Sungyeol woke up, his head completely empty, the black haired man opened his laptop and showed a hundred, no, a thousand of pictures, to him in order to remind him who he was and what he had did the passed few days.

Sungjong was participating too. The youngest always had this unbelievable joy about life and this impressive ability to talk non-stop. He liked to spend his days to tell Sungyeol's life to this last one, even sometimes in every details. He was doing it with, clearly, all of his heart. A heart which, sadly, would not last until summer probably.

But despite their respective illness, those three young patients had met in this little clinic, the last place where they would be taken care of, their last home. They had found a sweet comfort in each other, a reassuring happiness, a warming serenity. And there they were, eyes full of stars in front of the Christmas magic, surely their last Christmas together.

 

“Hohoho!” A deep and joyful voice exclaimed at the threshold of the door.

 

The three boys turned to the new comer and their faces lighted up at the view of Dongwoo, disguised in Santa Claus, the back laden with a canvas bag filled with gifts. By his side, Woohyun was standing with a plate full of bakeries freshly out of the oven.

 

“Dongwoo-hyung! Woohyun-hyung!”

 

The three patients rushed to the comers and leaded them to the middle of the room.

 

“Did you see the beautiful Christmas tree?! We have decorated it with Hoya-hyung!” Sungjong said proudly, smiling and showing all of his teeth.

 

“It's wonderful, well done. Then I can put these great presents under it.” Dongwoo stated, already placing the paquets under the fir.

 

“Yeah!! I hope that I will have a lot of gifts!!” Sungyeol exclaimed, jumping all around Dongwoo.

 

“Yeolli-hyung, all you will get jumping like this will be a bruise on your face when you will fall.” Myungsoo pointed out while helping Woohyun to set the table for the delicious bakeries made by the cooker.

 

Everyone laughed at the black haired man's remark and they all ended up at sitting around the coffee table.

 

“Where is Sunggyu-hyung?” Sungjong asked when he saw the last empty place.

 

“I'm here. Sorry for being late.” Sunggyu announced, walking hastly through the room to joined the little group.

 

“Gyu-hyung! Tell me that you have a lot of gifts for us!!” Sungyeol immediately questionned.

 

“Yeollie, are you done asking presents from everyone? Eat my cakes while they are still hot!” Woohyun teased.

 

Sunggyu chuckled at the scene and after taking of his jacket, he took the last empty seat.

 

“Before the gifts and the cakes, I want to know how you are doing today. How was the day going? There wasn't any problem, right?”

 

“I did a check-up this morning and everything is stable for the three of them.” Dongwoo reported.

 

“Very well.”

 

“I was the all day with them and beside the fact that they are super excited, there is nothing to note.” Hoya added.

 

“Good, good. Then let's start this Christmas snack.”

 

Yells of joy followed the doctor's declaration and they all started eating their dishes full of celebration's sweets.

The next hours were filled with laughter and effervescence. The fun was resounding in the hearts while eyes were reflecting an intense happiness. This moment was surely going to be engraved in them.

Christmas was a celebration allowing families to gather together. This little clinic had seen a lot of people entering and leaving but them, those seven souls which were celebrating that day together, had found in this medical center a family that they had lost.

 

The evening, after a great celebration's dinner, the seven young men had gathered in the living room, under the bright Christmas tree. Stories and memories were told and again, laughter could only be heard. The moon, through the window, was reflecting in the white snow. Stars were sparkling to the rythme of Christmas songs and snowflakes were waltzing softly in this fairy world.

In the little living room, the moonlight was gently spreading, contrasting with the colored sparkles from the Christmas tree. Candles were emetting their warmth from the four corner of the room, letting a reconforting dim light slipping on every surface.

There were only a few seconds before midnight, hearts were ready to claim loudly their dearest wish. And when finally, the bells rang their twelve , in this peaceful silence were resounding seven innocent, pur wishes, full of hope.

 

 

This year, I only wish for one thing. When my heart will stop beating, in an after life, I wish that it would find its way back to this family, my family, because I can't imagine living a life without my six hyungs by my sides.” - Lee Sungjong

 

 

My dearest wish is that they would live happily ever after just like tonight, even after my last breath.” - Kim Myungsoo

 

 

I don't remember anything about myself or about what I have lived with them but I hope with all of my heart that these moments would be, despite everything, engraved in me forever but above all, that they would be anchored in their souls, infinitly.” - Lee Sungyeol

 

 

Life has been unfair for these young boys. But I hope that in an after life, they would find the happiness that they deserve.” - Lee Howon

 

 

I hope that more love, more affection, would be given and spreading on this Earth which is dying a little bit more day by day. People should take exemple on these three who still have so much love too give to this world.” - Nam Woohyun

 

 

Can I still wish for a miracle to heal these three souls as well as for the next ones who will enter in this clinic?” - Jang Dongwoo

 

 

There are so much about what I can wish for. For the patients of my clinic to leave it one day with a smile on their lips and in a good health, for the world to stop killing itself in order to love more, for my family to be in good health. But tonight, after witnessing the vivid flammes in the eyes of each one of them, I only wish for one thing. I wish for their own wishes to come true.” - Kim Sunggyu

 

 

 

~Merry Christmas, may your wishes come true~

 


Merry Christmas (a little bit late) everyone and happy new year!! 

Love you all~
<3