Demon

Angel & Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is two part story. The first part will be Demon and the second part will be Angel. I had to write this twice as my laptop just gone grey while I was working on this. I rewrote this and it just got longer than the first time. The song behind this is Kim Heechul's Sweet Dream. It really changed the story much from the original plan but I think it ended well. Leave me some comments, it makes me happy. Thank you for reading!

 

 

It was one of the best well-kept secrets in the entertainment world that A&D was not whom the fans thought. 

 

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes as he stood on the stage, waiting for the curtain to open. He let the sounds of the fans screaming his name filled his thoughts and took a deep breath. Turning to his right, he watched as his brother did the same thing, a smile playing on his lips. He waited until his brother opened his eyes and turned to him, exchanging a smile.

 

When the curtain opened, Myungsoo stepped forward, the smile still on his face. He didn't need to look at Sunggyu to know that his smile had disappeared, replaced by the sneer that always gave Myungsoo the creep.

 

As they performed their first song, Myungsoo reflected on how blind the fans were. Angel and demon, their debut song that they still performed eight years later, reflected their own personalities. Too bad that they got it wrong from the beginning.

 

Myungsoo tried not to sneer as his white cloak billowed behind him, pasting the smile of the angel on his face. A few times he saw the glint of excitement in Sunggyu's eyes and remembered how much his brother loved singing. His heart clenched painfully with the knowledge that the fans would never be able to share his brother's joy. 

 

Because they had their own roles to play.

 

Myungsoo was the angel.

 

And Sunggyu was the demon.

 

 

Splashing his face with water in the bathroom, Myungsoo stared at his reflection with a grimace. He couldn't force himself to smile even after the successful concert despite his best effort. It was always the hardest after the concerts, to get down from the high adrenaline rush. It had always left him feeling empty, like a holed balloon.

 

Sungjong silently passed him the towel, understanding that Myungsoo was trying to pick up the pieces of himself.

 

"We'll leave in ten minutes."

 

Myungsoo nodded absentmindedly. The after concert dinner with the crews and staffs was a tradition that his brother started and he didn't have the heart to skip it. He whined, grouched and complained for the entire dinner but he would be there if only for his brother.

 

Myungsoo's hand was on the door knob when he heard the sound of people arguing from inside his waiting room. He recognised his brother's voice and his lisp that only appeared when he was agitated.

 

"...underthtand me!"

 

"It's been eight years! How much longer should I wait?!" He recognised the other voice. Slowly, Myungsoo pushed open the door and sure enough it was Sunggyu's manager, Woohyun.

 

The two of them were facing each other and Myungsoo could see that both of them were holding back from touching, their hands clenched tightly beside them. 

 

It was a fact that everyone knew that Woohyun had a crush on Sunggyu. That was the only reason he had worked as Sunggyu's manager for the past eight years despite his own talent. And if Myungsoo knew his brother, he would say that the feeling was mutual. But neither of them had ever acted on their feelings.

 

Myungsoo frowned as the silence continued. He watched as Woohyun reached out his hand to Sunggyu, Woohyun's face showing his hope.

 

"Give me a reason to stay." Myungsoo bit back his gasp when Sunggyu turned his back to Woohyun, brushing his hand away.

 

"I can't promise you anything." Sunggyu didn't see it but Myungsoo did. He saw the moment the hope in Woohyun's eyes died, his hand clenching into a fist and fell.

 

"I wish you all the best, Kim Sunggyu." Myungsoo hastily jumped away from the door when Woohyun pulled the door open and stalked out, his hand rubbing his face harshly.

 

Myungsoo stood there blankly for a moment, digesting what he just saw. 

 

"Myungsoo? What are you doing standing there?" Myungsoo jumped at his brother's voice.

 

"No-nothing!!" Sunggyu squinted at him before shaking his head and draped his arm over Myungsoo's shoulder.

 

"Let's go to dinner." Myungsoo followed Sunggyu silently, realising that his brother needed him now. He would interrogate him later.

 

 

 As it turned out, he didn't get the chance to interrogate Sunggyu. After the concert, Sunggyu got a role in a drama and he spent the next month filming in Busan.

 

That was also how Myungsoo failed to notice that Woohyun no longer worked for his brother.

 

Myungsoo stared at his phone, failing to understand the article he was reading. 

 

Kim Sunggyu and Lee Sungyeol - Love from the Screen to Reality

 

He knew that the netizens had connected Sunggyu to a lot of idols since their debut. Most of the idols were actually Myungsoo's partners but no one wanted to see that the angel was not as innocent as they made out to be. For years, Sunggyu took the fall of Myungsoo's bad habit of changing partners.

 

But not this time.

 

Because despite how much Myungsoo liked Sungyeol, they were never more than acquaintances. They had worked together for a few dramas but it was always only works between the two of them.

 

"Hyung?" Sungjong tapped Myungsoo's shoulder and startled him from his thinking.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah...yeah. It's just...I didn't know that Sunggyu is working with Sungyeol." 

 

Sungjong took a look at the article and rolled his eyes.

 

"I heard that drama had been discussed for a while now. Sunggyu hyung didn't want to act, you know." Sungjong sat on the other chair and checked Myungsoo's schedules for the day.

 

"Yeah. He just loves singing. So why did he agreed to this?"

 

Sungjong shrugged and continued reading the papers strewn on the table.

 

"I have no idea. I heard Sungyeol met him after the concert and suddenly Sunggyu hyung agreed."

 

Myungsoo had a bad feeling about the entire thing. He knew that Sunggyu had rejected a lot of drama projects, unlike him. Myungsoo preferred acting to singing despite the fact that he debuted as a singer first.

 

"Oh."

 

"Maybe he just wanted to spend more time with Sungyeol." Myungsoo snapped his head to look at Sungjong at that.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean..." Sungjong put the papers down and looked at Myungsoo in the eye.

 

"He must has wanted to spend more time with his boyfriend. I guess that's why Woohyun left."

 

Myungsoo blinked stupidly for a moment.

 

"Woohyun hyung left?"

 

"Yup. Just after the concert, said something about studying abroad. That's why Dongwoo takes over as Sunggyu hyung's manager.Come on. You have a shooting at 3. We got to go."

 

Myungsoo slumped back on the couch, his mind whirling with the information. For the entire day, he couldn't get his mind off Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Woohyun.

 

He didn't believe that Sunggyu was dating Sungyeol. Sunggyu knew how much he liked Sungyeol, he wouldn't do that to his own brother...or would he?

 

 

Myungsoo was slowly scrolling the photos of Sunggyu and Sungyeol on the internet, torturing himself. He felt his heart broke bit by bit as he looked at their intimacy. 

 

Sunggyu liked touching people close to him, Myungsoo of all people understood that the best. But he couldn't get himself to overlook that the touches were more than friendly.

 

He was glaring at the photo of Sunggyu leaning over Sungyeol's back when suddenly the door clicked open. He slammed his laptop down as he looked up to his brother's confused face.

 

"Everything okay?"

 

"Everything is brilliant!" Myungsoo showed two thumbs up and promptly felt like an idiot. He watched as Sunggyu put all the groceries on the table and frowned slightly.

 

"Where's the cake?" Tomorrow was Myungsoo's birthday and they had this tradition of celebrating it the day before. Myungsoo's birthday was spent with fans so they took the chance to celebrate it earlier between themselves. Sunggyu always bought him a chocolate cake for his birthday for as long as he could remember.

 

Myungsoo walked over to his brother as he put away the groceries, realising that Sunggyu was trying not to look at him.

 

"Sungyeol will bring it over later." 

 

Myungsoo took a deep breath and tried not scream.

 

"But it's my birthday. We always celebrated my birthday together."

 

Myungsoo made an effort to unclench his fist when Sunggyu turned to look at him, holding a carrot in his hand. Myungsoo hated carrots.

 

"And we will celebrate it together. With Sungyeol."

 

"With Sungyeol. And when were you planning to tell me that?!" Myungsoo realised he had raised his voice when Sunggyu flinched slightly. Myungsoo petulantly refused to feel guilty.

 

"I thought it would be a surprise." Sunggyu placed both his hands on the table and looked down.

 

"Well, I am surprised! I'm surprised that my brother would do this to me!"

 

"Myungsoo..." 

 

"I guess the fans are right. You are the demon!" Myungsoo walked into his room and slammed the door.

 

"And I hate carrots!!!"

 

 

Myungsoo ignored the knock on his door, choosing instead to wallow in his anger. After a while, Sunggyu finally gave up. 

 

When he heard the doorbell rang, he had decided what he was going to do. Dressed in his black button up and his tight ripped jeans, Myungsoo opened his door and stalked to open the front door, much to Sunggyu's confusion

Please log in to read the full chapter