I love you

The Family Park

I love you

 

 

“Baba. . . ?” a small voice mumbles as the door creaks open. “B-baba. . . ?”

 

Chanyeol groans and sits up. His black hair sticking every which way. “He’s sleeping, Sehunnie. . .what's wrong?”

 

He yawns and a weight is on his lap. “I don't feel good. . .”

 

Sehun hugs his Rilakkuma tightly to his chest. In the dim light of the morning, Chanyeol can see that his son’s face is flush. “Oh, kiddo. . .”

 

He yawns again and picks Sehun up and takes him to the bathroom. Flicking on the light, he groans and sets his son on the counter. He places a hand on Sehun’s burning forehead. “Wait here, okay? I'm going to get a towel and some medicine.”

 

“Okie,” he whispers back while kicking his feet.


 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

Yixing groans and slams a hand down on Chanyeol’s side of the bed. “Yeol.”

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

“Yeol. . . ?” he yawns and looks to his left. All that's left is a mess of covers. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

“You need to swallow this medicine, okay? I know it might not taste good, but it'll help you get better.”

 

“Okie,” he can hear Sehun giggle quietly. Getting out of bed, he scratches his head for a moment before heading to the bathroom.

 

“What's,” a yawn. “Going on in here?”

 

Sehun drinks the small plastic cup filled with a reddish syrup. He makes a face before handing it back to Chanyeol.

 

“Sehunnie woke me up this morning because he has a fever-”

 

“MY BABY HAS A FEVER?!” Yixing yells startling Chanyeol awake. “OH MY BABY!!!”

 

“I-is i-it a bad thing? Am I going to d-d-die?” Sehun’s eyes are watering and he's hugging his plush so tight it might break. “I don't w-wan-want to die!”

 

“Nononono! You’re not going to die, Sehunnie,” Chanyeol rubs circles on Sehun’s back. “You’re just going to have to stay home from school today.”

 

“O-oh,” he sniffles. “Does PinkeuPinkeu have a feevor too?”

 

“Lemme check,” Yixing says after calming down. Placing a hand on the bear’s head, he furrows his brows. “Mhmm. PinkeuPinkeu does have it too. . .It’s okay we’ll get you both feeling better soon enough!”

 

“Indeed! In the meantime, Sehunnie, I’m going to start a bath for you and Baba will take PinkeuPinkeu for a bath as well, okay?”

 

“Okie! Can we use the dinosaur towel instead?” the young boy hands his bear over to Yixing.

 

“Sure thing, kiddo! Xing can you get it, please?” he nods and leaves the bathroom.


 

“Yeol, you should go to work,” Yixing mumbles as he runs his fingers through Sehun’s soft hair; a kids’ show plays on the TV with bright colors and cute cartoon animals. “I can take care of Sehun myself.”

 

“It’s fine, Xing,” Chanyeol laughs pecking the crown of his lover’s head before heading to the kitchen to fetch refill Sehun’s sippy cup with water.

 

“Haven’t you taken too many days off as it is? What if you get in trouble. . . ?” he mumbles.

 

“That’s true. . .but, I’m good at what I do and it’ll work out in the end.”

 

“But-”

 

Chanyeol pecks Yixing. “It’ll be fine. This is a valid reason for not showing up today. I called in, so they know. It’ll be fine, Xing.”

 

“I love you,” he smiles. Sehun shifts in his sleep, as Chanyeol moves closer to Yixing wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

 

“I love you, too.”


 

“Hey, bud, you need to take your medicine again,” Yixing coos while feeling Sehun’s soft locks. “You can sleep again afterwards.”

 

“M’kay,” he yawns. “Is PinkeuPinkeu, okay?”

 

“Yup! They’re right here,” he laughs and hands his son the small bear toy. “Stay here and I’ll get the medicine.”

 

Sehun hugs the plush tightly while waiting for his father to come back with the bitter tasting syrup. “I’m so glad you’re okay PinkeuPinkeu!”

 

He grins smothering his Rilakkuma.

 

“Here we are!”

 

“Baba?”

 

“Hm, what is it?” Yixing asks while opening the bottle and measuring the thick liquid.

 

“Why does medicine smell good?”

 

“Uh. . .it just does? It doesn’t taste bad does it?”

 

“Nope,” he giggles. “It tastes really bad.”

 

Yixing chuckles and pinches Sehun’s cheek. “Well, you only have to drink it for the next few days and you’ll be healthy and ready for school again!”

 

“Yay!” he claps his hands together a big toothy grin on his face.

 

 

The Next Day

 

“Does Appa have to go? Can’t he stay here with us?” Sehun whines hugging Chanyeol’s leg. Yixing shakes his head with an amused smile on his face,  as he follows the pair to the dining room.

 

“I have to go to work, Sehunnie. Or else, we won’t have enough money to go on any fun trips or go shopping!”

 

“Oh no,” he exclaims. “But, can’t you work from home?”

 

Chanyeol laughs and picks Sehun up. “I can’t anymore this year, but definitely next year, kiddo.”

 

“Okie,” he grins. “Are you going to stay for brakefest?”

 

“‘Breakfast,’ Sehunnie,” Yixing laughs. “Yes, he will.”

 

“Yay!!!” Sehun giggles as Chanyeol sets him on his high chair. Yixing sets a small bowl of fruits in front of the child, as well as a sippy cup with water. “Yummy!!”

 

“Yixing, can you get me some orange juice?”

 

“Sure thing,” he smiles after pinching Sehun’s cheeks. “Do you need anything else?”

 

Chanyeol sits down at the table waiting for Yixing to return with his glass of orange juice. “Well, I would like a few extra hours in bed so we can-.”

 

Yixing’s cheeks flare up and he sets the glass next to Chanyeol’s plate. “Not in front of Sehun. . .”

 

The taller smirks. “You’re cute when you’re flustered.”

 

“Oh, shush.”


 

“Well, I’m off, my lovelies!” Chanyeol announces as he walks toward the front door. Yixing is holding Sehun as they follow behind.

 

“Bye, Yeollie!” he smiles while waving to the other.

 

“Bye, Xing~”

 

“Appa, don’t go!!” the youngest whines.

 

Chanyeol is outside by his car, while Yixing and Sehun are in the doorway. “Appaaaaaa!!”

 

The taller laughs. “I’ll be back soon, Sehun-ah! We can play then.”

 

“But, Appa!!”

 

“I love you, Sehunnie,” he grins blowing a kiss to his family.

 

“I lub you!”

 

“I love you more!!” he laughs and Yixing is giggling as well.

 

“I LUB YOU!!!” Sehun yells.

 

“I LOVE YOU!!!”

 

I LUB YOU!!!” he screams and Chanyeol is roaring with laughter.

 

“I love you most, Sehun. Take care and don’t give Baba a hard time, okay? Also, make sure you get better, so you can go back to school! I’m sure all of your friends are missing you right now. Anyways, I’ll see you both soon! Bye, my loves~” he blows another kiss before getting into the car and turning the engine on. Another wave goodbye and he’s off.

 

Sehun whines. “Appa!!”

 

“Come on, Sehun-ah, he’ll be back soon,” Yixing whispers while pecking Sehun’s cheek. “Want to bake cookies?”

 

“No! I want Appa!!” he whines gripping his father’s shirt. “Appaaaaaa!”

 

“Aw baby, he'll be back soon, I promise! Let's bake cookies, so Appa can enjoy them later! How does that sound?”

 

Sehun grumbles in response nuzzling his head into the crook of Yixing’s neck. “Can we make choco cookies? I like choco. . .”

 

“We can definitely do that, Sehunnie,” he kisses the top of Sehun’s head while rubbing circles into his back.

 

 

 

 


 

i'm on a role lol


i remember doing something
similar to this when i was 
younger so. . .  yeah haha
 

i hope you enjoyed!

 

 

tumblr // instagram // kakao talk is "bobohv"