The Challenge

Falling for you

Jeonghan was sitting with his friends Seungcheol, Joshua, and Wonwoo as they sat in the cafeteria and ate their food. They were trying to come up with a challenge for Jeonghan, since everyone in the group knew that he never backed down for a challenge.

“I got it!” said Seungcheol.

“I dare you to got out with a girl for a month. You have to get her to fall in love with you, but you can't fall for them,” he said with a satisfied smile. Joshua smacked him on the head.

“That's not a challenge. Jeonghan can get any girl to fall in love with him just by giving them a look. That's not a challenge,” he said as Seungcheol frowned.

It was no secret that Jeonghan was one of the most popular guys in school. He was the perfect guy. He was apart of the basketball team and not to mention that he was one of the best players. He was the epitome of good looks and charisma, and he sure knew how to make a girl weak around the knees. Jeonghan was not blind to that fact, he was well aware of the kind of reputation he had.

“Fine then you try coming up with something,” said Seungcheol as Jeonghan sat their amused at how hard they were trying to come up with something.

The group of friends pondered about what could possibly pose as a challenge for their friend Jeonghan.

“What about—”

“No, that won't work.”

“Then how about—”

“No, that won't work either.” So far nothing good came to mind. Jeonghan wasn't really worried. He was confident that he could tackle anything that came his way, so he just continued to watch as they looked deep in thought.

“You should just give up. Face it there's nothing I can't do,” he said as he checked his phone for any messages. As usual his inbox was pretty full with various texts, but he choose not answer the at the moment.

Just when they were about to give up, Joshua spotted three people walk by their table. He noticed a particular new student who had just transferred from China.

“I got it,” he said as he huddled with Wonwoo and Seungcheol to go through his plan. Jeonghan couldn't make out what they were talking about, so he just settled with answering the texts he had gotten.

After a few minutes the group of three disbanded and Jeonghan put away his cell phone.

“Well?” he said as they continued to smile at him.

“We've got the perfect challenge,” said Joshua.

“Which is?” he asked.

Wonwoo spoke up. “You're challenge is to go out with that over there,” he said as he discreetly pointed to the corner of the cafeteria.

“Who?” he asked as he looked over his shoulder.

“That guy over there. In the blue, next to Soonyoung. He's a new student, just came from China. You have to go out with him for a month and have him fall in love with you, but you can't fall for him,” Wonwoo finished saying.

Jeonghan looked back his friends. “Wasn't that Seungcheol's original idea?” he asked.

“Yeah, but we've modified it. It won't be a challenge if it's a girl because they're bound to fall for you, so if it was a guy, then it would be harder,” said Seungcheol. Jeonghan looked back over his shoulder to the new student. He didn't even know the guy's name.

“So will you take it?” they asked. Jeonghan wasn't going to say no. This was a challenge and all he had to do was get the guy to fall for him. It seemed pretty simple. He had never gone out with guy before, but he did have many of them confess their attraction to him. How hard could it be? First he had to know the guy's name.

“You're on,” he said as the bell rang to head to their next class.