It's Not Love

More

It's not as though he loves MinWoo or anything-- Didn't even really like him at first, it's just... It's just that sometimes his mouth says things his brain doesn't mean and sometimes his heart expects things it shouldn't.

When they went to visit MinWoo's parents, for instance, he didn't mean to ask what kind of girl they would want for their son and he... He didn't know exactly what he was expecting or why he was so disappointed when they said SooHyun Noona. It's not like he...

But then they were looking at MinWoo's baby pictures and he couldn't help wanting more. Whenever he looks at MinWoo, when MinWoo laughs-- Even when MinWoo isn't laughing-- KangJoon just can't help wanting a little bit more. More of MinWoo's life before they met, more of MinWoo's kindness, more of his story, more-- Just more.

And he knows that's stupid and weird and overly sentimental; the way he lets every word consume him, the way he clings to every little gesture and gift and casual endearment, the hat MinWoo gave him last minute that he wears almost everyday even though he never wore hats before... He knows it's not right to cling and hope and monopolyze like this. He knows, but...

But what is he supposed to do when MinWoo is being an idiot and kind of an and all KangJoon can think is that it's adorable? Or when MinWoo asks KangJoon what he thinks about Bom Noona and KangJoon's first thought is: 'not yet. Please don't take him yet.' What is he supposed to do when he's five-years-too-young and not the right gender and awkward and a coward and an airhead and... And MinWoo gets along well with everyone. MinWoo is nice to everyone. He gives hats and blankets and food and ing flowers to everyone. What is KangJoon supposed to do when the only thing that makes him special is a shared room?

What then?

KangJoon isn't in love because you can't be in love by yourself, he isn't anything really, he just wants more.