#24- Bet

♔Divine You♔(A Infinite Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You may begin."

 

That was the cue and our bodies moved swiftly, we charged towards each other with our powers in our hands—Lightning and Darkness. We fought both offense and defense, and it was getting tiring. But none of us gave in, because our pride was on the line.. The sky was already soon to be dark, and it was beneficial to Myung Soo oppa, since he can manipulate darkness and curse spells. But the sky was also dark because of the storm that I created, the dark heavy clouds float above and the lightning that appeared. As long as there is a storm, there will always be a lightning, and when there's lightning, I will not be energy strain from my powers that I use. 

"About time you give up, Soo Ri-ah?" smirked Myung Soo oppa as he shot out a dark ball from his palms towards my direction. It was big, and fast. But thank god I dodge that in the split second. I watched the tree behind me that got hit from his spell, it turned dark, and life was disappearing from it— the leaves decoloured and decay before falling to the ground and disappearing into nothing. The trunks and roots soon got dry out as well, I cursed silently to my insides, if I didn't dodge it in that second, I will be a granny by then. 

"Holy shi— I would have been dead by now in that ring." gasped a student sitting with Jeon Na and other INFINITE members.

"Eyy~ You're over reacting~" scoffed Jeon Na.

"I would probably be drained by now. How long has it been being constantly using their powers?" I heard Woo Hyun oppa asked Ahjussi.

"It's been 17 minutes." he replied, hands crossed and eyes never once taking away from our match.

I heard gasps again and Sung Yeol shouts, "YAH! MYUNG SOO-AH! YOU ALREADY EXCEEDED YOUR BEST TIME FOR USING YOUR POWERS!"

Myung Soo oppa smirked and I ran towards him as he looked at Sung Yeol, I threw a fist to him. But before it could even reach his face, he blocked my attack and send a kick to me, I groaned at the impact and fell towards the rock. Clutching my stomach, I stood up and glared at him before roaring and charging back at him, I shot a lightning whip to him, but it didn't hit him, "You need to fix on your accuracy, Soo Ri-ah~" he teased and then the whip twirled around the tree behind him and then when he lose his guard for that split second, the whip grabbed him from behind, swirling up his body and I tighten the grip of it. I increased the voltage and I saw him furrowed his brows and squinted his eyes in pain but he doesn't shout out.

 

It wasn't long until he break free and we ended up panting because of exhaustion. It felt forever when we were in that ring.

Right now, how powerful doesn't really matter but who can stay up longer, we were almost at our limits already. "Soo Ri-ah." Myung Soo oppa calls out and I looked up, wiping that bead of sweat that trickled down.

"Wae?" I replied.

"Let's use our most powerful power to end this. In one shot." he suggest and I nod, without hesitation. "Arrasso."

Then we adjust our bodies and I took a deep breath with my eyes close, for this last spell I will need a good concentration. I wasn't planing any big powerful spell, I was just going to let the remaining energy I have out.

Murmurs could be heard but I do not let those make me lose my focus and concentration.

 

The next moment, I could feel a huge power aiming towards me, but I do not flinch. I opened my eyes and there it was, the black fire-like thing aiming at me, it wasn't the same from the attack earlier. But, it was on a whole new level..

 

"Why isn't she moving?"

"Soo Ri-ah! What are you doing?!"

"MOVE! YOU'LL GET HIT!"

 

I clenched my fist, and waited for his spell to hit me but it was not long till my whole body felt warm, I couldn't believe what I saw, the flames were avoiding me. Yes they got past me but they weren't hitting me. Stop.

 

I commanded in my head and within a split second, the warmness was gone, replace by the cold air. I flashed a small smile, I did it.

 

"I knew she can do that." someone muttered from the crowd and I turned to look, it was Woo Hyun oppa. He stood up and then commented, "You can manipulate lightning and control any power."

I smiled in relieve and then when I turned to where Myung Soo oppa was, he wasn't there anymore. "Eh..?"

Where did he go..? He was there a few second ago..

"Below you." 

I look down on my feet and there was my shadow there, my eyes widened as saw the black thing that appeared from the shadow, it was a sword piercing out. Not like those normal silver shiny sword, but one made out from shadow.

Damn it. I cursed into my insides, but before I could jump away to avoid getting stabbed, it was too late. 

I gasped as I watch myself being slashed. It hurts alot, even though it wasn't real. I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for me to hit something hard outside the ring, since I was probably going to get flung out like others. But no, I felt someone's arms and I turned to look at it, it was Myung Soo oppa. 

 

Kim Soo Ri, OUT.

 

"The match is over." Ahjussi addresses and the ring was gone, and the pain from my body was no longer there. I felt back to normal.

He places me down onto the ground and I plopped down, I was completely exhausted, and so was he. "Gahh~ I'm so tired." I panted. "Guess I've won the bet, huh?" he says, with a hint of teasing in his tone. I sighed and nodded, "Arrasso..."

INFINITE and the rest of the students crowd around us and Jeon Na beamed, "THAT WAS AWESOME, SOO RI-AH!"

"Yeah! You're only a beginner and you're already this powerful!"

"Yah yah, not to mention... THAT PHOENIX WAS AWESOME!"

"And how she manipulated Myung Soo's black flames!"

"That was super cool!" 

"YEAH!"

Loads of compliments came flooding in and I could feel my cheeks burning and I was getting all flustered. "You did great, Soo Ri-ah." Ahjussi complimented as well and I gave a sheepish smile in reply.

"So I guess, Jeon Na, Sung Jong, Dong Woo, Woo Hyun, and Soo Ri has to do what we ask them to do?" cheers Sung Yeol.

 

Ah, right... There was the bet.. I totally forgotten about it for a second there. 

 

"This is going to be fun." Hoya joins and crossed his arms, chuckling at the thought of the bet.

"Why don't you all take a rest first? Think of what you want them to do for you tomorrow?" Ahjussi added.

We all nodded and Myung Soo oppa looks at me, I was sprawling out of the floor in exhaustion, I didn't care if I was going to get my clothes dirty since they were already slightly dirty already. And besides, I was going to shower later anyways.

The other students had already headed back since it was getting late and most of them were hungry.

"Kaja~" Jeon Na says and I woke up and pulled myself up on my feet only to find myself slopping down again, guess I've used too much energy.

Myung Soo oppa sighs and squats down infront of me, then he turns his head behind, "Hop on." 

"Eh..?" 

"I said hop on, you're tired right?" he repeats, this time laughing alittle.

"But you're tired too!" I said, slightly concerned.

"Yah, I'm your brother!" he replies then murmuring something else at the end which I can't seem to decipher.

Giving in to him, I hop on top of him and he stood up, "Hey, you're pretty light. I thought you'll be alittle heavier."

"SHUT UP." i pouted, getting embarrassed and my cheeks flare up to a shade of pink.

The other INFINITE members looked at us and shook their heads, "You too, stop showing so much affection. People might think you're lovers, rather than siblings." Jeon Na mocks and more blood gush to my cheeks at the word 'lovers'.

 

"Eh? But aren't they lovers too?" Sung Jong comments and I could see Myung Soo oppa's cheeks getting red as well.

"Let's just go, it's getting late." Sung Kyu grumbled, before turning around and walking ahead of us.

Myung Soo oppa and the others followed, and they chattered and joked as they went back, as for me. I couldn't remember anything but the piggyback. I probably fell asleep on the way back because the next thing I knew I was back on my comfy bed.

 

[POV ends]

 

Somehow, the next morning came quickly. Soo R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter