Proposal

Proposal [YoungLo One-Shot]

It came in fleeting moments, moments that were too rapid even for him to react. And into the light did the memory went, the wise and the lovely, for this memory was his reminiscence of a fluttering heart.

 

It all started with a punishment after a game went south.

 

“Youngjae’s punishment is to propose to a member.”

Was what Junhong recalled slipping from the MC’s lips as a mixture of hollers and acclaims could be heard throughout, though, he chose to ignore it, however the noises became more disturbing in a way than previously.

 

“Ah, guess I have no choice, then!” Yet amidst the exuberant came a crack in the boisterous environ; A voice like a bird song, lilting in the air as if it were being carried away with the wind. Junhong recognised it in an instant, though, memories flooding his mind in a sudden onslaught of nostalgia as he diverted his gaze towards the owner of the voice, Jung Daehyun.

“I shall unwillingly accept your proposal, Youngjae-ah!”

 

Somewhere deep down inside his fragile heart, Junhong felt a core rupturing as he slipped his frame further back to incline on the chair’s support, bidding a smile unwillingly to form on his lips as he clasped his hands together with the rest of the members at Daehyun’s invite.

 

Daehyun’s grasp on Youngjae’s arms was what signaled his sense back aflame as his gaze was averted back to the two individuals beyond him, gaze soon narrowing as the smile plastered on his lips faded.

“C’mon, hurry up! On one knee!”

 

He thought he couldn’t be more of a ghost than he already were, seeping from the interstices of humanity’s fingers like a wisp of smoke. This was an act of disappearing, and he felt lighter, a lot more insignificant.

 

“Hey, wait!” An exclamation from Youngjae attracted the members’ attention towards him, Junhong included, as all of them looked forward with a quirk of a brow. “I didn’t say I wanna do it with you. I want to choose on my own!” Daehyun glanced over at him before stumbling back to his seat at Youngjae’s words, a minute frown soon emerging on his countenance before prompting Youngjae with his following articulation, “Show us how you are going to propose, then!”

 

Perhaps, that was what caught Junhong’s attention more than it should have as a smile once again cracked on the corner of his lips as he watched Youngjae got down on his knees, but soon the smile disperse as quickly as it appeared when his vision was greeted with Daehyun wobbling towards Youngjae with a big grin on his face, accepting the proposal, as if it was meant for him.

 

He disregarded the change of cadence from Youngjae’s words as he rejected Daehyun once more. This was probably going to be a nightmare waiting to happen anyway even if he were to continue listening. He heaved a sigh out and shot a hot glare at Daehyun for a momentum ere slipping back onto his seat.

 

Digits tangoed around the lithe palms of his own as a frown creased upon porcelain visage, the memory of Youngjae getting on his feet just for him back during their performance for With You in After School Club set his sanity aflame, and where notions of poisoned chalice continually swelled in his mind. He wondered if his hyung could feel his frustration, if he could feel his yearning, his desperation, and his guilt.

 

He couldn’t help, but notice how close Youngjae and Daehyun were now, how affectionate they were to one another. Was it the break that brought them together?

 

“Aha, right. I’m gonna choose now!” Youngjae declared with a clasp of his hands as he plodded over to where the members were, cautiously going forth and back towards each members.

 

Please…

 

“Ah, seriously. Why am I so nervo–” Daehyun’s articulation was cut short as Youngjae flipped his hat off his head, a snortle soon heaving from his lips. “Joo~king.” Youngjae mused loudly to himself, albeit the fact that all of the members in the room could hear him as he returned Daehyun’s hat back to him before shuffling back and forth once more.

 

Please.

 

Junhong clenched his teeth as he waited for Youngjae to call someone, someone other than him. He gritted his teeth against, his tongue rubbed raw from days of bottled frustration.

 

“I choose…”

 

Youngjae’s voice seemed quieter upon its arrival on the designated sector. Yet, Junhong drew closer to the sector, while the sound of chatter were still loud in his ears. His senses were drumming against his sternum, etching comfort in knowing that there was, still, a possibility of safety nestling in this scenario.

 

“Zelo!”

 

A  voice soon pierced through his ears, causing eyes to blink.

“Eh…?” The pooling heat in confining his entire body was in conjunction with soaring prolepsis overrides him into a sinner. Silence was no longer a given. It was being so full, that there was simply nothing else to say. Junhong lifted his gaze back towards Youngjae before finding himself forcefully being pulled out by the other members and towards where Youngjae stood.

 

With the flash of one hurried glance towards his hyung, it attained to the vision of Youngjae eliminating the distance between them, and only then would a contented smile be permitted to rest on Junhong’s own lips. The splendor of the male’s irises twinkled as he saw Youngjae getting on his knees and soon came his grasps on his very hand, Junhong’d came to appreciate the warmth Youngjae emitted through this very touch.

 

“I love you.” Exquisite manoeuvre by his hyung induced blood to surged the younger’s face, and as he felt the contact of  Youngjae’s adulation of sweetness against his body upon his as he was brought into an embrace by the elder, he felt the compelling zest of high endearment and of happiness, and through this creative action, he found the true meaning to supreme joy.

 

“Yeah,”

The only inconsistencies made were from the erratic flow of oxygen located in lungs as he blandly accepted Youngjae’s proposal. The younger’s gaze traced itself back and forth towards Youngjae’s profile and his touch before benignly leaning forward and soon letting his chin rest upon his shoulders, with every attempt to conceal the blush that was forming on his cheeks. As soon as he — Now knew how much he wanted Youngjae, more so than anyone in this world — it was as though he has taken a surgical needle and sutured his happiness to the skin of that person, so that any separation would now cause a lacerating injury, but perhaps, this was an injury Junhong will not mind for he knew this was a chance given to bring back their era, his and Youngjae’s.

“I love you, too.”