CHAPTER #7- Moving Forward

Simon Dominic- Doubling Forward (Fan Fiction)

Nari hated feeling scared and worse like she was a burden on Simon D and the AOMG guys.  She wanted to take charge of her life. It was almost like after her mother had passed away, there was no use for her.  Sure she was financially fine, thanks to her inheritance, but she wanted to be useful.  First was dealing with HIM.  At Simon D’s request, they went to the police station and filed a restraining order.  If he came near her, he’d go to jail.  But that didn’t help her paranoia.  So she found a self defence course, where the instructor spoke English.  Every day she went, until Nari was confident she could protect herself.  She also wanted to properly learn to speak and read Korean.  A private tutor, which Jay Park had recommended, was hired.  The progress was slow, but Nari was becoming more self reliant.  With that came confidence.  The changes were noticed gradually by her AOMG friends, but Simon D realized that Nari smiled a lot more than she use to.

 

“Wasn’t Nari supposed to come by with lunch today?”  Jay asked Simon D.

 

Before he could answer, one of the office girls called for them.  “What’s up?” Simon asked.

 

“It’s Nari, she rode up on a motorcycle!”

 

Jay looked out the office door, “holy , when did she get a sports bike?”

 

“And when did she get a Korean motorcycle license?” Simon exclaimed in surprise.  “Have I been gone that often?”

 

Nari took off the pack from the back of the motorcycle, helmet in the other hand.  As she walked towards the AOMG office, she saw the people waiting for her.  “Hi everyone, lunch has arrived!”

 

“You’re riding again? When did you get a license?” Simon asked.

 

“Wait… she’s speaking fluent Korean!” Jay noticed suddenly.

 

“You guys aren’t the only ones who’ve been busy improving your lives.  I’ve worked hard too.  I’m still working on writing Korean, but I can read and speak it now.  The rest was easy and I got the motorcycle two days ago.”

 

She moved towards the common room and put her helmet down on the couch.  Then she unpacked the lunch.  It was porridge in multiple thermos containers.  The AOMG guys in office, didn’t know what to focus on first.

 

“You’re amazing!  How’d you even get all this here, on a motorcycle none the less!” Chase said in awe, in English.

 

“Talent!” Nari laughed, switching back to English.

 

“This is cause for a celebration! Tonight we’ll go to the club that Dj Pumkin is spinning at,” Jay stated, as he accepted his portion of the porridge.

 

“What other surprises do you have up your sleeve?”  Simon asked Nari with a raised eyebrow.

 

“You’ll just have to wait and see…. discovering is half the fun,” she smirked.

 

“Hey this is delicious… abalone porridge,” Gray said between mouthfuls.

 

Nari smiled, “thanks.  I rode over quick, so it should still be warm too.”  She waited until they were almost finished eating and added, “I also got a part time job at another floral company.  They do arrangements not just with flowers, but with fruit and chocolate too.  My eye for colour combinations came in handy.”

 

Simon D stood up and picked her up, spinning in a circle.  She giggled and demanded he put her down.  “Have I been blind or something? When did you do all this?”

 

“You’re busy, as you should be.  I just decided to take charge of my life. Y’all inspired me, not just in my art, but to do better and strive for more.”

 

“I’m taking you out to dinner first, before the club.  I’ll pick you up at 9 pm,” Simon announced.

 

“Then I guess I’ll let you guys get back to work,” Nari smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

Jay noticed she wasn’t as jumpy around them too.  “Did the jerk-off go back to Canada?”

 

“No, he’s still living with Grams.  I’ve seen them here and there.  One of the suppliers that my new job uses, is the same as what Grams flower shop uses too.  But I’ve had my helmet on, so neither recognized me, when I rode past.”

 

“Better that they don’t know you’re still here,” Jay added.

 

“Yup, less drama and work interruptions for you guys,” Nari joked.  “See you tonight guys!”

After collecting the containers and repacking them, she slung the pack over her shoulder, put on the motorcycle helmet and left.

 

Simon D, Jay Park and Cha Cha Malone all watched her ride off on the motorcycle.  Simon looked at them, “did that all just happen?”

 

Chase chuckled, “yeah man…. that’s a keeper you got there.”

 

“Nari seems really happy these days.  It’s nice seeing her smile all the time,” Jay observed.

 

“She’s got the same effect on us when she smiles, as you do Jay…. lights up the room,” one of the office girls contributed.

 

“And that’s why I rely on my charm, to make people happy, cause Jay steals all the thunder,” Simon joked.

 

“Back to work, if we want to make it to the club tonight,” Chase pushed the two CEOs back in the direction of their offices.

 

Nari was beaming as she rode back home.  The reaction the AOMG guys had given when discovering all that she’d accomplished, was the best reward ever.  Life was getting better again and it’d been a long time coming.  The financial advisor that the guys from AOMG had recommended, had secured her income for many years to come.  But working part time was more to help inspire her and keep busy, than for money.  Having lived conservatively for most of her life, Nari didn’t splurge much.  However, after Simon D had announced he’d be taking her out that night, she took a cab and went to buy some new cloths for the occasion and get her hair done.

 

They hadn’t had much time together, a few dinners here and there.  When he was performing in town, she would attend each time.  But being alone, was limited and their romance had been put on hold.  The last time they had kissed, was when she’d been with Jay Park to pick Simon D up from the airport, after an out of town show.  He was so tired, they just took him home.  With Nari’s new found confidence, she wanted to see if he still was interested in her that way.  She’d become more aware of Simon D, each time she saw him.  Her art work was even beginning to reflect her desires.

 

A text came announcing Simon Dominic’s imminent arrival and Nari was ready.  Locking her door, she waited for the car to stop and then got in.  “Right on time.”

 

“I aim to please…. we’re going to that restaurant I took you to the first time we met.”

 

“The one with the table top bbq?” She asked.

 

“Yup, is that good with you?”

 

“Definitely and this time I know what not to eat,” Nari giggled.  “You chose the best things for me that night, my faith in you hasn’t changed.”

 

He gave her a side glance, unsure if she was hinting at something more or if he was reading too much into her words.  Their relationship had progressed even slower than normal for him, and he wondered if she still liked him as much as when they’d shared some kisses. Nari hadn’t needed him in the last few weeks.  He’d been busy with work, but even so, he missed holding her in his arms. 

 

“You’re beautiful tonight, I love the waves in your hair.  It looks so soft,” Simon admired.

 

“Thanks, I wanted to spoil myself a little today.” Nari smiled.

 

He helped her sit and then joined her. When the waiter came, Simon D ordered for them both, as it was habit.  He liked watching the heat rise in Nari’s cheeks as she sipped the wine.  He played with the rings on his fingers and thumb, because his hands just wanted to touch her.  She noticed and wondered if he was impatient for dinner.  Nari took his closest hand in hers and smiled into his eyes.

 

“So I bet riding again feels amazing,” Simon said casually.

 

“You don’t even know… it’s the best feeling of freedom… Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?”

 

“Does a moped count?”

 

Nari laughed, “not even close.  But I like your intent.”

 

The food came and Nari made sure she didn’t create her own dishes, instead copied Simon D.  He fed her a few times and she reciprocated.  For someone on the outside looking in, it would seem like a very romantic dinner.  But she wasn’t sure, he was acting like they were just friends. All her attempts at flirtation, seemed to fail. Was she that bad at it? Or was he that clueless?

 

While they ate dinner, she upped her flirtation a notch.  “Simon, um… you’ve got some whip cream on the side of your lips.”

 

He used the napkin, but it just moved the cream.  “Did I get it?”

 

“Not really… hold still,” Nari said, capturing his chin and used a finger to remove the offending cream. She then popped the same finger into , with a wink.  “Mmm.”  Nari her lips and was rewarded with him following the movement of her tongue.

 

Simon D’s eyes moved from her lips to her eyes and then back again.  With one finger under her chin, guiding Nari’s face closer to his. He rose slightly, bracing himself on the table with his other hand. Then he closed his eyes and made contact with her lips.  Her eyes were closed too when he opened his mouth, tongue probing in search of that elusive cream.  His tongue gently caressed, his plump lower lip moving against hers, with a little more pressure.  Nari opened her lips a little wider, allowing deeper access for a few moments, before once more closing and making his mouth close too.  A quick peck on those perfect closed lips and he released her.

 

“That’s the best desert ever,” Simon grinned.  He loved that her cheeks were flushed.  

 

Nari bit her lower lip, as she realized that she hadn’t wanted the moment to end.  Through her eyelashes, she looked over at him.  Was he feeling the heat, their chemistry as much as she was?  Her answer came, when he asked the waiter for the bill.

 

“Let’s go for a walk along the river, before we go to the club…. We’ve got lots of time.”

 

“I’d like that, it’s a beautiful night,” Nari agreed softly.

 

She didn’t want him always automatically paying for her. So this time when the bill came, she tallied her share and gave over the money.  He didn’t tease Nari about it and that made her relax.  Simon D helped her into the jacket, then took her hand in his, guiding them out the door. When they were a little further away from the restaurant lights, Nari looked up at the star filled sky.

 

“Thinking about your mom?” Simon asked gently.

 

“She loved the stars… I’d read her books about them, when she became bedridden. Mom would’ve loved tonight’s sky…. I don’t know if I thanked you and the guys for helping me bring her out here one last time.  Or for being there for me… but thank you.”

 

He stopped walking and pulled her into his arms.  She was a little shorter than him and Simon tilted his head slightly, so he could look down into her eyes.  “I’m just glad we met in the first place.  I guess karma was right, you saved us and we saved you.”

 

Nari smiled and with her hands bending his head, pulled him into another kiss.  He moved his hands from her waist, to her and gave a squeeze.  He was rewarded with a surprised groan that made  open even more.  She moved her hands and went under his shirt, in revenge.  Except that in doing so, Nari realized how intimate that was.  Her heart rate spiked and she got embarrassed at how brazen she was being.  Immediately she broke contact.  Simon D smiled and let her retreat, while he fixed his shirt and hoodie.

 

Simon’s cell rang and he answered it, “hi Jay.”

 

“You and Nari should come to my place first, we’ll have a few drinks and then cab to the club.”

 

“Alright, sounds good.  We’ll be there soon,” Simon replied and hung up.  “Jay’s invited us over for drinks and then we’ll cab it to the club.”

 

“Okay cool,” Nari said, recovering from her previous embarrassment.

 

They walked back side by side, but not holding hands.  However, Simon D did open the passenger door for her first, before getting in on the driver’s side of the car.  Once the engine was started and their seatbelts on, he leaned over and planted a quick kiss on Nari’s lips.

 

“We should do desert like that more often,” he teased.

 

“Which part; the whip cream or the kisses?”

 

“Well which would you pick?”

 

Nari’s eyes twinkled in the street light’s reflection and her voice held laughter, “I liked both actually.”

 

He laughed and began to drive, music playing in the background.  “What kind of music do you like?”

 

“Jazz, blues, hip hop, some rap and rock,” she responded.  “And I’m guessing tonight since Dj Pumkin is spinning, it’s hip hop.  So just a heads up, I’m not the best dancer.”

 

“Enough booze and no one will care and neither will you,” Simon reasoned.

 

They arrived at Jay Park’s house and were invited inside. He had drinks already waiting and they both accepted the offerings.  Nari said hello to the other guys already there and their dates.  She noticed that Jay himself and Gray didn’t have girls there.  

 

“I’m a light weight when it comes to drinking,” she said to Jay as he was about to refill her glass.

 

Jay grinned, “so what happens when you’re drunk?”

 

“I talk loud, act like an idiot and in extreme cases take off various pieces of clothing.  It’s embarrassing.  I haven’t been drunk in a long long time.”

 

Simon laughed, “that sounds a little like Loco, except maybe the stripping.”

 

“He’s right.  Although I’d like to believe I’m cute and funny when drunk!” Loco contributed.

 

Gray chuckled, “funny for sure… he tends to try and rap too.”

 

“Cabs are here, time to load up!” Jay announced.