Where are you?

The Voice I Fell in love with

    I used to think it was foolish when people talked about falling in love at first sight. Well now I’m the foolish one, I’ve somehow managed to fall in love with someone and I’ve never even seen their face.

 

But I have heard their voice, and let me tell you, it’s absolutely beautiful. I couldn’t help but fall in love with it the second I heard it. But as I said before, I’ve never actually seen him. So I guess in a way that makes me more foolish than those who fall in love at first sight. But I don’t think those people realize just how lucky they are.

I would give anything to know what the angelic voiced stranger looked like. Not to know if they were ugly or not, but because then it would give me another clue on how to find them. Because its a lot easier to find a face than a voice.

But sadly I have absolutely no idea what he looks like, so my biggest hint to find them would be their voice. But I do have some clues that could help me, for one I know that it’s a he. Not just because of the way he sounded but because of how he was announced at the club.

 

Saddly they didn’t say a name or anything like that, all they said was that they would have a guest singer singing today, and that he was male. I don’t know what kind of club uses people's genders as their name instead of, well their name. But his whole performance the owner just addressed him as boy, boy.

 

She was clearly too drunk to remember his name, or she just didn’t care, he was a guest singer after all. Right now some of you are probably questioning why I didn’t see him if he went on a stage and performed. Well it’s not my fault okay, the reason I was even at the club was because my friend likes to go to clubs to party but is too afraid to go alone. So naturally I didn’t want to do anything and just tried to zone out till it was time to go.

 

I was doing a pretty good job before I suddenly snapped out of it near the end of his performance. I don’t know why I couldn’t look up at him, his voice put some spell on me. A spell that didn’t break until his performance was over and the owner told us to give a hand to boy, but by then he was long gone.

 

I tried asking my friend who it was, but he didn’t know either. All he knew is that he was a guest singer and that he was male. But I do think that he’s in high school, if he went to a club to perform for just one night, then he was looking to make some quick cash and not a lot of it. If was out of highschool he would of been looking for a full time job, that way he would earn more money. But since he didn’t he’s probably still in highschool, or at least college.

 

So to review, my angelic voiced love is a male, has a great voice, and goes to highschool or college, wow do I know a lot. Now I just need some sort of plan to find him.

 

In the end I thought the best plan to catch him would be to go to a bunch of clubs. If he needed quick easy money then there way a good chance that he would be going to more clubs to perform. The only problem is there's a very small chance that I’ll actually go to the club that he’s performing at, and if I go to one club one day and he’s not there, there is still a chance that he’ll go to that club some other day.

 

In the end I found the perfect solution. I called up all my friends who owe me favors and divided out what clubs they’ll all go to on what night. I then made them record all the guest performances and then bring them to me when their over. It was the perfect plan, so there was no way it could fail.

 



 

Okay, so I guess there was a way to fail. He wasn’t at any of the clubs, I guess either that was a one time thing or that was his last night performing in clubs.

 

So plan number one is a failure. I really hoped I wouldn’t have to go to plan number two, because it’s such a stupid cliche. But if I want to find him it’s my only option. Plan number two is basicly just to go to a bunch of high schools and somehow convinced the principal to let me hold auditions for some musical that doesn't exist.

 

This is a pretty solid plan, the only way it could fail is if the principals tell me that I can’t do it. But that's what worries me the most. Because let’s be honest if some stranger came into your school asking to hear all your students voices, you’d say no too.

 



 

    I can’t believe that so far all the principals have said yes. I guess it did help that they were all female, and that I’m pretty attractive, if I do say so myself.

 

But sadly he wasn’t at any of those schools, but theres still one left. I sigh as I walk into the school. Just like all the other schools this one smells like learning, it’s what I hated the most about school.

 

But I keep walking until I’m right in front of the principal's office door and knock. I take to “Come in” as my cue, let’s do this.

 

“So how can I help you” the principal ask, thank goodness it’s a female, that makes things easier. “Well you see I’m going around to all these schools to hold auditions for my musical, and I was wondering if I could hold some here.” I asked giving her a nice smile. “Ha” she laughed at me before continuing “Please I know what you're doing, you're looking for someone, aren’t you” she finished giving me a cocky smirk.

 

I sighed, she got me. I had no chance but to answer honestly. “Okay yes I admit I’m looking for someone. I have no idea what he looks like but I know what he sounds like, so I'm holding fake auditions to find him, and I’ve already gone to all the school in the area but here. So can I please do it here.” Her smirk only grew wider before saying “Of course I’ll let you if It’s for love, I’ll do anything for love. But I do have warn you, three of our best singers aren't here today, and I have know idea when they’ll be back.”

 

I sighed in relief before answering “Thank you very much, and about the boys who aren’t here, you can just contact me when they come back if he isn’t any of the students here” “Well okay, and just so you know the students names are Park Jinyoung, Choi Youngjae, and Kim Yugyeom” she added. i thanked her before I left to set up the ‘auditions.”

 



 

    I’m absolutely crazy, I actually thought that I would be able to find someone knowing only their voice, I’ve really lost it. But there is still a chance, he could be one of those kids who wasn’t here today. But like the principal said, I have no idea when they’ll be here.

 

I feel hopeless, now I understand why those who fall in love at first sight get so sad when the one they love doesn’t even know them. Well I can beat that, not only does the one I love not know me, I don’t know him either.

 

I sigh before slamming my head down on the table in the cafe I’m in. "Are you okay” a soft voice asked me, a voice I knew, that was the voice that I fell in love with. My head shot up surprising both him and me by how fast I did it. I was shocked, it’s not that I spent a lot of time thinking about what he looked like, but he looked like nothing I could ever imagine. Not that that was a bad thing, because he was super cute.

 

“You, your the you that went, went and performed that day, day in the club, right” I rushed out. But he understood me as he let out a cute laugh “You remeber me” He asked, and I responded by saying “How could I forget, and wait,” I said before contiueing “You remember me?” It was super cute the way his face flushed red. “Um, yes?” He said clearly embarrassed.

 

“So you saw me!?” I asked way too excited. “How could I not” He said chuckling before continuing, “The way you just sat there, you looked very handsome and alluring.” The boy finished his face bright red.

 

I couldn’t get enough of this, to know that the boy I fell in love with me noticed me too. But I was snapped out of my thoughts as he spoke some more. “Yep, call me a fool if you want, but the second I saw you I fell in love. I actually considered trying to find you, but I didn’t know anything about you.” he said while chuckling and looking down. “Please” I started, “I’m the fool, I fell in love with you and I only heard your voice. Besides that, even with only knowing your voice I still tried to find you” I said honestly.

 

His head shot up at that “Really, your not just trying to trick me, are you?” he asked nervously “No I’m not kidding” I said not able to believe that he thought that I was just playing with him. He then smiled really widely before getting up from his seat and went over to me before hugging me really tightly. “I’m so so so so so Happy you feel the same. My names Choi Youngjae by the way” He said while hugging me even tighter. Youngjae, that's the name of one of the boys that wasn’t here today, so I guess are meeting wasn’t by chance. But that didn’t matter much as I hugged him back before saying “Well Youngjae, my names Im Jaebum and I have an important question for you”

 

He then looked at me with some of the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen before saying “What is it” “Choi Youngjae, will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?” I asked. He looked at me confused before he said “But we just met?” I then immediately responding with “I don’t care!” He laughed his cute laugh before replying “Well if you're okay with it then I guess I am too”

 

I couldn’t be more excited, after months of trying to find this boy, I finally do, and to top it off he wants me too. I smile widely before hugging my new boyfriend close, thinking about how even though the journey of finding him was hard, it was definitely worth it.

 

The End



Sorry if this story wasn't what you expected. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, and please leave a coment about how I did, I'm trying to improve my writing. Thank You for reading :)