Lost Love

Lost Love

Remember the way you made me feel
Such young love but
Something in me knew that it was real
Frozen in my head

Mingyu was busy staring at the camera, when he felt the slight touch of fingers on his ribs. Without thinking much about it, he reached behind him, gripped and pulled. When he felt a light weight on his shoulder, he turned his head back to see a blank faced Wonwoo laying his chin comfortably on his shoulder.

Mingyu switched his attention back to the camera, all the while holding the hands tight to his stomach, forcing Wonwoos chest to lay flat to Mingyu.

The heat that radiated off of Wonwoo into Mingyu seemed to warm more then just his back.

He flashed a peace sign, while sending a light smile to the viewers. Wonwoo lifted his hand up to Mingyus shoulder, using it as an anchor as he swung his other arm around Mingyus shoulder to also show a peace sign to the camera.

Mingyu turned to the boy who had just completely detached from Mingyus back. He didn't seem very interested in the words Mingyu just said to him as he stared at his shoulder instead.

Wonwoos hand came up and brushed off something on Mingyus shoulder.

“Just a piece of thread.” Clarified Wonwoo.

Pictures I’m living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind

Mingyu sat cross legged, trying to focus on work. One earbud hung from his ear, while a few papers laid over his legs. It didn't make for an ideal writing surface, but it got the job done.

He just so happened to look up at the right time, catching Wonwoos eyes from across the room. He didn't look too busy.

Mingyu smiled at the boy, laughed, then send a heart in his direction. The small hum of the camera repositioning could be heard as it tracked the course of the airborne heart.

Wonwoo seemed to be doing the same thing as he looked up before reaching his hand up high, catching the heart. He looked to the camera quickly, seemingly surprised that he had caught it.

I hate this part paper hearts
And I’ll hold a piece of yours
Don’t think I would just forget about it
Hoping that you won’t forget about it

Mingyu was standing tall in a shirt he had never worn before, remembering that back then it was such a new thing to have to wear clothes that you would never see again. Wonwoo had come to stand behind Mingyu, finding comfort in being near something familiar in a unfamiliar place.

Wonwoos eyes were trained on the camera pointed at them. He then hid behind Mingyus already tall stature before popping up playfully. He did that about 2 more times before Mingyu reached around to stab his side, trying to send a message.

The small yelp Wonwoo let out was instant feedback that it had worked. Slightly worried, Mingyu turned to reveal a pouting Wonwoos.

Hiding every cloud under a smile
When there’s cameras
And I just can’t reach out to tell you
That I always wonder what you’re up to

Mingyu stood next to a smiling Wonwoo, in their padded sound proof closet. Some talking was exchanged before the two then turned to each other.

Both boys held up their hands to each other. Mingyu watched his younger self nod to Wonwoo, indicating for him to go first. Wonwoo didn't shove Mingyus hands very hard, making it easy for him to keep his balance.

Mingyu shoved much harder then Wonwoo had, but Wonwoo held his balance.

This time though, Wonwoo shoved unexpectedly hard, causing for Mingyu to fall back and land on the foam wall behind him.

While Mingyu was busy regaining his balance, Wonwoo made a dash for the door. He wasn't quite quick enough, for Mingyu had used the wall behind him to push off, allowing him to recover faster then Wonwoo had expected.

Mingyu grabbed the fleeing Wonwoos arm and pulled him back into the room.

Pictures I’m living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind

Mingyu watched as he saw himself standing with some of the other members, just finishing up a broadcast of an Andromeda show. Him and Wonwoo were guests and they were both waiting for the main MCs Soonyoung and Seungkwan to bid farewell before the pair would.

When they finished, before Mingyu could say his name, he heard it being said by the deep voice of Wonwoo next to him.

Wonwoo quickly became flustered when he realized his mistake. He tried to explain himself, but Mingyu was also laughing along with the other boys in the room, who weren't listening. He then joined too and said goodbye with a happy, “Wonwoo!”

Said boy was quick to slap Mingyu shoulder playfully, but was also laughing along.

Mingyu remembered how Wonwoo brought it up again as they were walking back to their dorm.

“I still have no idea why I said your name instead of mine...”

“Are you sure it's not because I'm always on your mind?” Asked Mingyu, sending a playful smile to Wonwoo. What he saw caused his heartbeat to sputter.

It wasn't a defensive Wonwoo like he had expected, but a slightly flustered and red faced one.

“Yeah, maybe.” Said Wonwoo around a small smile.

I hate this part paper hearts
And I’ll hold a piece of yours
Don’t think I would just forget about it
Hoping that you won’t forget

Mingyu clicked to a new page, and scrolled a little bit before seeing a clip from a while back. He was sitting on the small stage where Seventeen often held small performances, to show off dances they had learned in pre-debut.

It was after one he remembered being quite fond of. His younger self was sitting in between Hansol and Wonwoo, and they were talking as a group after they had just finished performing.

Someone had said something funny, and the young Mingyu instinctively reached out for Wonwoos hand, all the while laughing joyously.

Mingyu felt a bitter smile grow on his face.

I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side
But you’ll be good without me and if I could just give it some time
I’ll be alright

Mingyu exited the internet window just as the door to the dorm room swung open.

A much older looking Wonwoo from the ones he was just witnessing walked threw the door swiftly. The only indication that he knew Mingyu was also occupying the room was the quick flick of his eyes to the younger boy.

”Mingyu, you know we can't keep doing these things.”

Wonwoos broad form easily walked over to dresser, and quickly pulled opened one of the drawers. He was quick to find the shirt he was looking for and his heels the second it was acquired.

”Now that we debuted, we have been getting a lot more attention.”

Mingyu felt his mouth open, a call to Wonwoos retreating form stuck in the back of his throat.

”And it's not really the good kind. So I was thinking that maybe we should tone down the skinship just a bit.”

Mingyu began to feel his eyes burn as all those memories from the past were fresh on his mind. How easy it was to get along with Wonwoo in their early days.

Now he couldn't even bring himself to say a word to the boy he once thought he loved.

Who knew that asking for some space meant removing yourself from the other persons life.

The click of the door shutting behind Wonwoo was the last blow, crushing the last of the supports Mingyu had been holding so desperately to the dam that was his heart.

Goodbye love you flew right by love