PART 2

How We Got Here In The First Place

MORNING COFFEE

I have a love for beverages, especially coffee. Everybody knows that, but you were the first to take notice before I even told you. You’d always offer me extra drinks, you’d always take me to cute cafés, you know what kind of beverages like and hate, and most importantly, you know how i like my homemade coffee.

 

I was having a terrible day. Nothing was going the way I wanted and even my hair was utter crap that day. I felt moody and y; everyone stayed away and I gladly stayed away, except you. You were bugging me, talking nonsense stuff and messing my hair more. Even when I got mad at you, you still stayed nearby. 

 

When I woke up the next morning, there was a cup of hot coffee on the bedside table with a pink post it stuck to it. (because you knew pink was my favorite color.)

 

“Today is a new day, bum. Smile more! - Jonghyun” and even though it was too early for me to even be awake, I was already smiling.

 

I took my sweet time drinking that cup of coffee. I didn’t even notice nobody was home until I heard the front door open.

 

I walked out of the room, the cup of coffee still in my hand, and i was greeted by Taemin.

 

“Good morning hyung.” he greeted and sat on the couch. “Where is everyone?” I asked out of curiosity.

 

“Hmmm…Jinki and Minho hyung are at the studio practicing. Jonghyun hyung i think is at the grocery store…” I was confused why you were at the grocery store since i just went shopping the other day, but Taemin seemed to already understand my confusion. “He said we ran out of the stuff he uses to make your coffee so he made the last one and went out.”

 

I never really knew you made such an effort to make me my morning coffee until then. 

 

Later on you told me that you made that morning coffee because you thought it might help to make my day better, and it did. Even though we were running around, going from place to place because of our schedules, it was a good day all thanks to your morning coffee.

 


 

REFUGEES

Nights where we were free to do our own stuff was rare in our early days. Sometimes, even if we had the chance, we'd opt to stay at home and sleep. There was a time though when we decided to have a drinking party in the dorm, just the five of us celebrating the things we've achieved until that specific point in time. 

 

You were never good with alcohol, so you stayed out of it; a can or two of beer and that's all you usually drink. I didn't have a drink at all, deciding its better to chaperone everyone else because nobody knows what happens when 5 teenage boys get drunk; plus hangovers have always been a big no no for me. 

 

Late into the night, after a few bottles of soju and beer, things started to get wild between the three other members. Taemin and Minho were all over the place while Jinki jabbered on about senseless stuff. Meanwhile you and me were watching them, making sure they don’t ruin anything or do anything stupid. 

 

"So, is this how idols spend their free nights? Getting drunk with bandmates rather than going to actual clubs?" you asked and we both laughed. "Bringing these 3 idiots out to get drunk...not really a good idea."

 

At some point, things started to get out of hand; after making sure everything expensive and breakable were safe, we took refuge in the bathroom. 

 

You were laughing, and i couldnt help but laugh as well. "so, bathroom huh?" i went in the dry tub and sat there. "its very romantic." you smiled and followed me. I made space for you to sit and it was plenty of space but you still sat so close to me, invading my personal space; I knew you loved skinship though so I let you.

 

We spent the night in the bathroom, watching movies on our phones and talking about whatever we could talk about, while the others continued to make a fuss outside. 

 

When i woke up in the wee hours of the morning, i was lying down on your lap while your head leaned on the wall. 

 

Have i ever told you how cute you look when you sleep? I feel like a creep for saying it, but despite your insomnia, you seem to be at peace when you actually fall asleep. 

 

I laid back down and went back to sleep. We woke up the next morning by Onew hyung barging in the bathroom to puke. 

 


Refugees is actually based on real life events lol. Anyways yeah! I only have 2 parts up so far but part 3 will be up on tumblr soon. hopefully. SO yeah. I hope you guys enjoy this thing! whatever this is!