Pay Attention to me too!!

Your Attention Please

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

 

I’ve never considered being the mate of the pack’s alpha a bad thing, in fact i’d go as far as to say that it was a great thing, for many reasons. For one I get a lot of respect, and not just from my fellow pack members, (That is if they’d respect me) but I also get respect from other packs, mostly those that don't know me though. While that' nice and all, my favorite part about being the alpha’s mate is that I can say whatever I want to my hyungs, and they can’t do a thing about it. Normally if you were to talk back to your hyungs or disrespect them, that would lead to some serious punishment, with very few exceptions. Fortunately for me, one of those exceptions is being the alpha’s mate, because no one wants to mess with the alpha, and that means his property too.

 

But we’re not here to talk about all the perks that come with being the alpha’s mate, No, I could go on and on and on about that. We’re here to talk about the problems with being mated to the alpha. Except it’s not really problems more or less just problem, but it’s a big problem. My jaebummies constantly busy so he won’t give me the attention that I need. Especially recently, I’ve barely seen him and that makes me upset!

 

This isn’t the first time that he’s ignored me like this. But this time will be different, because this time I’ve got a plan. But not just one plan, Oh No, because if I know Jaebum (Or at least I hope I do) then I know that he won’t give in the first time. Because he likes to think that he’s tough, but I know that in the end Jaebum will drop the act and give me the attention I deserve, I mean it is me after all.

 

Nobody’s Pov.

 

 

    Just like Youngjae had said he made plans with ways to get his alpha’s attention back on him. Youngjae didn’t know what kind of stuff would catch Jaebums attention the most, so he just put a list together of what he thought the most effective methods would be.

 

(here’s his list)

 

 

Num. 1: Be cute,

    Hopefully if jaebum see’s me being cute then he’ll want to snuggle and cuddle with me

 

Num. 2: Give him the silent treatment,

    If he thinks I’m ignoring him then I'll be flipping the tables on us and It'll be him wanting my attention

 

Num. 3: Act mad at him,

    If he thinks that I’m mad at him then he’ll want to find out what’s wrong and try to make it better

 

Num. 4: Hurt myself,

   If Jaebum sees that I’m hurt then he’ll drop everything to make sure that I’m okay 

 

 

As Youngjae was reading over his list he felt very proud of himself for coming up with such a great, long list. Even if Youngjae was 99.99% sure ( he had learned a long time ago to never be 100% sure in anything) that Jaebum would would crack at number 1. But he still made more because Jaebum somehow always found a way to surprise him.


He considered putting a number 5, which would simply be to just strip in front of him. (because it didn’t matter how strong jaebum’s self control was, that would for sure get his attention) But the quickly decided against it, because he knew if he did do that he would lose his ability to walk for a few days, and he just wasn’t ready for that sacrifice yet.

 

 

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

    It was time, time for plan number 1, act cute, I decided that for this I should dress really cute. So I went to my (Jaebums) closet to decide what I should wear that would get me the most attention.

 

I don’t know how it took me to finally decide. But it wasn’t my fault okay, there were a lot of things that I knew I would look really cute in (and i did) so I had to try everything on to be sure. But in the end I decided to wear a simple black and white hoodie that was absolutely huge on me, I swear I looked like I was drowning in it. The sleeves went down way past my fingertips, and the hoodie itself went down passed mid thigh. Then to finish it up I put on some simple black pants, and while I’m not one to brag, I looked CUTE, Jaebum is a very lucky man to have me, if I do say so myself (and I do)

 

Clothes, check. Hair, check. Cutest thing to walk the planet, very check. I was so ready, so confident in my abilities, so let’s do this.


I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door to Jaebum’s study room, and took to “come in” as my cue to start.

“Jaebummie hyung, what are doing” I ask in the cutest voice I could manage. (and did not spend at least 10 minutes working on if that's what you were thinking) “I’m doing very important work that does not concern you, so go run along Youngjae and don’t bother me until I’m done okay.” Jaebum replied without even looking at me! “HEY, It’s rude to not look at someone when talking” I shout while trying my best not to pout (and failing)

 

Jaebum sighs before turning to look at me and saying “I’m doing very important work that does not concern you, so go run along Youngjae and don’t bother me until I’m done okay.” I then pout and stomp my feet before storming out of the room disappointed that my first plan didn’t work, but at least I have backup plans, right?

 

Jaebum’s Pov.

 

 

    I know exactly what he’s doing, I knew the moment he asked me what I was doing. Because I know that voice, It’s the voice he uses then he wants something, and I know what he wants too. Attention, Youngjae may not realize it himself, but he he does not simple want attention, he craves it.

 

I knew this fact the moment I told him that if we were mated I wouldn’t be able to give him all the attention in the world, I saw just how his expression dropped at the words, he was clearly upset. So I knew that I would have to be careful to give him enough attention, and when I couldn’t I would make sure one of the other pack members would.

 

But after not even a full week of being mated, I found out something else about Youngjae. He’s a brat, not all the time of course, but when he wants something that he can’t have, he’ll just whine and whine until he gets what he wants. He also has this really bad habit of exaggerating the truth. For example I once overheard Youngjae ranting to himself in our room about how for the whole week I had been ignoring him.

 

Which was wrong on many levels, for one, I wouldn’t be able to survive a whole week without my precious omega. Besides that the truth of the situation is that while yes, I had been busy working, every two-three hours I would take a break to make sure my baby was okay, before going back to work. Then every night I would see him before we fell asleep, with him tucked safely in my arms.

 

But it doesn't matter what he does, I’ll always love him just the same, if not more. But he did surprise me today, while I may be used to his constant whining, this is the first time he's actually taken action in trying to get some attention. Let me just tell you just how hard it was to not jump right up and run over to Youngjae and squeeze the life out of him, he looked THAT cute.

But if he’s taking action then it would only be fair if I did the same. My plan is simply just to ignore him. Every time he comes to talk to me I’ll just ignore him, and on my usual breaks I’ll simply “forget” to acknowledge Youngjae like I normally do, this way Youngjae will feel what it’s like to actually be ignored. But I’ll still sleep with him tonight, because I"m not sure if Youngjae would be able to handle more then one day of being ignored. I don’t even know if he’ll be able to survive one day, oh well, it's time to teach that cute little brat a lesson.

Nobody’s Pov.

 

    All eyes turned to Youngjae as he stomped into the kitchen. The pout along with the disappointment practically written on his face tipped everyone off that their was something wrong, and when something was wrong with Youngjae it meant that everyone had to do whatever he asked. Or risk Youngjae telling on them to the alpha, and whether Youngjae was at fault or not, Jaebum would listen to him and get whoever he was complaining about in trouble. Because of how often Youngjae would complain about someone, Jaebum had to go and lesson the punishment. Because their was no way he could ever say no to his baby.

 

Because of all of this the second Youngjae opened his mouth everyone immediately stopped to listen to what he had to say. “Jinyoung hyung, could you make me some food” Youngjae asked while keeping his head tilted down slightly, being very unlike himself. “Of course” Jinyoung immediately replied,not wanting to be punished again, before continuing, “what do you want?” To which Youngjae responding with, “I don’t care, I just want something fattening.” After Youngjae responded Jinyoung immediately went into action making him some food.

 

After a few minutes of everyone quietly sitting waiting for some reaction or response from Youngjae, with the exception of Jinyoung, who was quietly making food while waiting for some reaction or response from Youngjae. Jaebum walked into the room to go and get himself a glass of water.

 

 

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

I still can’t believe that plan number 1 didn’t work, thank goodness that I have so many backup plans. But I still can’t get over how he didn’t even look the slightest bit affected, maybe I don’t have as much of an effect on him as I thought I did. The thought itself was enough to bring my mood down even more. (if that’s even possible at this point)

 

Just then Jaebum walked into the room and the only thing on my mind was plan 2, give him the silent treatment. Me acting cute might not of worked, but this will, it just has to. I know that he’s going to acknowledge me in some way, most likely either saying hello to me or just nodding his head in my direction, but It’ll be something.

 

But to my horror, and apparently everyone else's (judging by the way everyone gasped) Jaebum just ignored me. He walked right passed me, not even looking in my direction before getting himself some water and then leaving as quickly as he came.

 

The disappointment I had been feeling immediately turned to anger. HE IGNORED ME, HOW COULD HE, I MEAN I’M HIS MATE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, DOESN’T THAT GET AT LEAST GET SOME RECOGNITION, I MEAN COME ON. But then all the anger left my body and just like that I was sad again.

 

Suddenly I didn’t feel like eating, all I felt like doing at the moment was to just lie down and do nothing. I started to leave the before Jinyoung called out to me “Hey don’t you want your food?” I then replied saying “no thank you, I’m not hungry anymore” before leaving the room.


Plan 1 and 2 have failed. I’m suddenly starting to doubt my other plans, I’m worried that they’ll fail too. Suddenly plan 5 is looking pretty good to me.

 

 

Jaebum’s Pov.



    I can not believe I just did that, I just ignored my baby, my precious omega. It broke my heart when I took a quick glance at him before I left. He look absolutely crushed, and very surprised. Judging by the gasp that everyone let out it must of surprised everyone. But honestly it probably surprised me the most, I didn’t think that I would be able to actually ignore my baby, it took all my strength to not just go and take him into my arms and hug him for as long as I could manage. I just hope he doesn’t have anymore plans, I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up for.

 


~Later That Day~


 

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

    I can’t believe how slow this day is going by, I mean how the heck is it only 1:00pm. It’s felt like an eternity, I guess all those times I thought that Jaebum was ignoring me he really wasn’t, I guess I’m just greedy for his attention. I wish I wasn’t so selfish, I know he’s busy, I mean he is the alpha of the pack after all. But I just can’t help but compare my relationship with Jaebum to Mark and Jackson’s relationship. I know It’s wrong on so many levels, I know that I’m not Mark and Jaebums not Jackson nor will he ever be. But I still can’t help but envy them, Jackson gives all his attention to Mark, no matter what. I know that Jaebums busy running the pack and all, I used to get along just fine knowing that Jaebum loved me, but after his actions today, I’m not so sure anymore.

 

But thinking of that stuff only makes me more depressed, so I try to distract myself by thinking about my remaining plans to get Jaebums attention.(if I even still want it that is) I have two plans left, number 3, get mad at him, and number 4, hurt myself. But before I can think about it any longer I’m pulled out of my thoughts when I see Jaebum walk into the kitchen to get himself another glass of water. I knew it was time to put plan 3 into action, but I'm worried, what if he rejects me again. But there was no time to think, I had to act now or I would miss my chance.

 

My heart was beating uncontrollably as I went and stood by the entrance to the kitchen. But I knew this was something that I had to do. So using everything I had, I managed to make myself look mad. Then taking a breath to calm myself, I yell “IM JAEBUM, I AM MAD AT YOU” that would get him.

 

But boy was I wrong, all he did was turn around and look at me with a face that looked almost bored, and responded with “Okay, I guess.” Before walking right passed me to go back to his study room. I was heartbroken, Jaebum didn’t care, was he sick of me? did he think I was annoying? did he even love me anymore? There were so many questions flying through my head that I didn’t even notice the tears falling down my face.

 

Jaebum’s Pov

 

    What did I just do? That seemed to be the only thing running through my mind. Even now I still can’t believe I actually did that, the thought just won’t seem to process in my mind. The only thing I can really process at the moment was just Youngjae’s face, Youngjae’s heartbroken face. The way he looked like he was going to cry when I basically said that I didn’t care. It took all my strength and more to not just grab and hug him and tell him that I love him a million times. But maybe I should have done just that.

 

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

    One plan, I have just one plan left. Now that I think back on it four plans wasn’t really a lot. I find that I'm doubting myself more and more as more time goes by, the biggest one is Jaebum’s love for me. But the good thing about this plan is that it will finally show me if Jaebum really cares about me or not. I take a shuddering breath as I think about it, plan number 4, hurt myself. I’ve put on lot of thought into this one, I decided that the most efficient way to hurt myself, is to simply jump off the roof. But the thing with my plan is that I don’t know how much it’ll hurt me.


It can go from just leaving a lot of bruises to me dying, even if it’s highly unlikely, there's still a chance. A chance that I’m willing to take, the more dangerous it is, the more Jaebum will care that I did it. If Jaebum doesn’t care then I guess I’ll finally know that he doesn’t love me anymore.

 

 

Nobody’s Pov


    Youngjae was standing on the roof regretting his plan as he looks down, he hadn’t realized just how far down it was. But he couldn’t back down, not now, not when he was so close to finding out if Jaebum really loved him or not. With that a his mind he decided that it was now or never, so he did it, he jumped.



   The smacking sound the followed made everyone jump and run outside to find out what was wrong. They all gasped in horror when they saw Youngjae lying on the ground groaning in pain. They all immediately rushed over to make sure that he was okay, well almost everyone.

 

 

Youngjae’s Pov.

 

    If I learned one thing that day it would be that the ground hurts, really bad. That was probably one of the stupidest things I have ever done. But at least my plan worked, everyone came running out and crowded around me to make sure I was okay. At least I thought everyone was there. But as my eyes scan over the familiar faces of my friends, I noticed that someone was missing. The whole reason I did this and he’s not even here. But then looking around a little more I notice that he is here, just standing in the background.

 

“Jinyoung take him to our room and take care of his wounds.” Jaebum said before walking away. Looking at my friends faces I guess I wasn’t the only one surprised, judging by the way their jaws were basically touching the ground. “Well let’s go” Jinyoung said before picking me up and talking me to my room. After he examined my wounds and concluded that I wasn’t seriously hurt, just multiple bruises and an apparent sprained leg that Jinyoung said I shouldn’t walk on for at least a week, if not more. “Do you want anything else?” Jinyoung asked me with a worried look on his face. “No thank you, I just want to be alone right now” I replied. Jinyoung nodded understandingly before leaving. It was only a few seconds after he left that I broke down crying, the only thing on my mind was that he really didn't love me anymore. But before my thoughts could continue I find myself pulled into a hug, with a familiar voice whispering in my ear "I'm sorry."

 

 

Jaebum’s Pov.

 

    He jumped off the roof, he jumped off the roof, he actually jumped off the roof. My mind just couldn’t seem to accept the thought, it just seemed too unreal, but at the same time all too real. I should have stopped, no, I never should have started this stupid plan, look what it lead too. My precious omega jumped off the roof, but I can’t figure out why. I don’t think he was trying to kill himself, not with what he did, so why?


Then suddenly It clicked in my head, attention. The one thing he’s wanted this whole time, and I didn’t give it to him, not even when he needed it the most. I’m such an idiot, I never should have started this stupid plan in the first place. I should’ve just given him attention at his first attempt, then we wouldn’t be in this mess, then he wouldn’t think that I hated him. I just hope I’m not too late I think before I run into our room. The sight that I’m left with breaks my heart, It’s Youngjae sitting on our bed crying his heart out. I immediately run over to him, put my arms around him and pull him into my chest and whisper “I’m sorry” into his ear. 

 

Nobody’s Pov.

 

    Youngjae didn't know what to think as he’s being showered with “I love you” and “I’m so so sorry” If he had to choose one feeling he would choose relived. “D-Do yo-you really c-care about m-m-me” Youngjae managed to get out while still crying a little. “Of course I do, more than you’ll ever know” Jaebum said softly. “Then w-why did yo-you do it” Youngjae whispers softly, but Jaebum hears him anyway. Jaebum sigh before explaining to Youngjae about his plan and how he wanted to show him what it’s like to really be ignored, but regretted it so so so much.

 

“Oh I see, I guess I was being a little dramatic about you working so much, I’m sorry” Youngjae said. “Don’t you dare be sorry” Jaebum shouted a little, startling Youngjae before continuing “Look I know I may not be like Jackson who can be with his mate all the time. But even though I may be busy as the alpha of our pack, that’s not a good enough excuse to be ignoring you. So from now on I going to give you more attention, okay” Jaebum finished. By the time Jaebum was done speaking Youngjae was grinning from ear to ear. “Really hyung?” Youngjae asked excitedly. “Yes really” Jaebum said also smiling. Just like that, with them grinning widely, fell asleep in each others arms.

 

The End


 

Well that , I don't know what happened to the story I was writing, but oh well. I would like it if you could tell me stuff like what I did that you liked, what you didn't like, if this story wasn't as bad as I thought it was or if it was as bad as I thought it was. Just stuff that could help me improve my writing. Thank you for reading!!