1/?

I Just Wanna Know Your Name

There he was again, standing by the pole near the bus stop, totally not sneaking glances at the all-too-familiar boy with the same uniform attire that Soonyoung wears. He’s really tiny, compared to some random strangers that towers next to him. He has sharp face features, though. Sharp eyes, sharp jawlines, high cheekbones and pouty lips. Not that Soonyoung observes him from afar ever since he laid his eyes on the boy, no. It’s just kind of noticeable.

At 7.00 AM sharp, Soonyoung arrives at the bus stop. And at around that time, the boy is already there, looking sleepy and has his ears plugged with earphones. He wanted to know what this boy is listening to every goddamn morning, almost as bad as he wanted to know his name, age, social medias, relationship status, address, and—you get what he meant. But unfortunately, Kwon Soonyoung has no balls to do that.

Sure, he may has a lot of acquaintances and a bunch of friends and close friends, but talking to a random stranger by the bus stop isn’t what he exactly fancies. And to add insult to injury, he habitually will blurt out random nonsenses that, no doubts, will totally creep the cute boy out. What if he hates weird people like him? That would be one distaster of a first impression.

 By the time Soonyoung snapped out of his daze, he realized that the boy had been locking eyes with him. He blinked rapidly, widening his eyes as he whipped his head to turn away from his not-crush (he’s totally not crushing on a stranger), a hand patting his noisily drumming heart. Shame on him, he didn’t even dare to look at the boy again. He must’ve thought Soonyoung is a creep which is he really not. Right?

“Of course he’d be creeped out.”

“You, hiding behind a pole, staring at him. Yeah, that ain’t scary at all.”

“You’re lucky he hasn’t called the cops on you or something.”

Wow, supportive friends he has.

The poor lover boy sighed, running his hand through his sweaty hair, earning a displeased grimace from Chan. “He’s just too attractive, i can’t help but to stare at him.”

“And you said you’re not crushing on him,” Seokmin sing-songs, wiggling his brows.

A groan escaped his lips. Soonyoung has been crushing on a total stranger for a month straight. Truth to be told, that cute guy is one of the reasons why—oh, who is he kidding. He’s the only reason why Soonyoung bothers to wake up and go to his damned school every morning. He’s a motivation to go to school. And poor, poor Soonyoung doesn’t even know his name.

 “It’s easy! Just sit next to him, and very casually say; i like your face.”

Seokmin made a very unattractive half-judging-face half-scoff and Soonyoung briefly wonders how was that humanly possible. “My dear Chan, that wouldn’t really help his creepy title now, would it?”

“So what should i do?” He finally said, deep in his heart hoping that this won’t turn out worse.

“You’ve asked the right person!” Seokmin grinned, hitting his puffed up chest lightly with this fist. He then scooted closer to Soonyoung, staring right into his eyes, hands on his shoulders; expression turning very very serious. “Pay for my bills then i’ll tell you.”

Soonyoung stared at him for a good minute before mumbling out an ‘okay’ between his gritted teeth. If only this was not for the cute stranger, really.

Seokmin beamed happily before leaning in close to Soonyoung’s ear once again, almost crossing the no-homo intimacy line between them. “Just... be yourself.”

“What?! That’s it?” ignoring Chan’s mocking laughter, Soonyoung slammed his palms on the canteen table dramatically. “You’ve been pestering me ever since i told you about him to ask you for a love advice and you told me to be myself?!” He shrieked.

The said boy shrugged innocently, seemingly pleased by his own love advice. “It’s the best choice. And thanks for the treat, i gotta blast!” He mock-saluted with two fingers before getting up from his seat, scrambling away from the duo before Soonyoung could even utter a word.

“Hyung is a that gives ty advice but i guess that’ll work,” came Chan’s thoughtful reply after two minutes of silence in their table. Soonyoung just groaned.

“You should totally try to say that you like his face, though!” Soonyoung groaned again.

+++

There he was again, sitting in the same bench as the cute stranger, although blocked by three other students. The cute stranger always sits on the end of the bench, probably so he could  lay his head on the glass wall. (Soonyoung’s shoulder is far way more comfortable for him to lay his head on, though) (wait, no) (he’s not supposed to say that even in his head). Soonyoung shook his head.

At around 4.15 PM, when the school ends, Soonyoung arrives at the bus stop. And at around that time, the boy is also there. Yes, not only in the mornings, Soonyoung meets—sees him in the evenings too; although not everyday. There will be days when the familiar mop of hair is not around. And when those days came, Soonyoung will text either Seokmin or Chan to come and take the same bus as him. As much as he hated them, those two entertains him and keeps him away from boredom. With the duo, there is no such thing called boredom. Hooray. (sarcasm there)

In the bus, you ask? Well inside the bus, Soonyoung will sit—or sometimes, stand—near the boy. Just to, you know, observe his cute features and thanking god for his existence. (don’t judge him, you will do the same too if there was a cute stranger around. Would you?) He doesn’t know where the boy’s stop is, because he gets off earlier than him, which . He has never sit beside him although the seat beside the boy is usually empty. To prevent himself doing all the things he should not have done with attractive strangers, he’d say when Chan asked him why.

Soonyoung puffed his cheek up, tiptoeing slightly, playing with the straps of his backpack. Should he ask for his name? Yes he should. The boy wouldn’t bite, would he? No, he wouldn’t. Okay. this is a piece of cake for him. Kwon Soonyoung, the boy that had painful- braces last year, the boy that actually can dance to save his life, the boy that is cool, all right. He can do this. Smoothly.

“Just be myself,” Seokmin’s words rang through his head as he mumble it out under his breath. That picklehead is actually right. He’ll thank him once he got the cute (how many times did he said cute already?) stranger’s name and probably number.

Gathering up all of his courage, he glances over to his right. The students that sat between Soonyoung and him disappeared, he realized. He must’ve been so deep in thought until he hadn’t notice that earlier. The boy is still there though, thankfully. He has his lips pressed into a thin line, fingers drumming on his thigh lightly as his eyes seemed to roam around, probably waiting for the  bus to arrive. He’s really cute, Soonyoung internally sighed.

This is it. This is his chance. He’s not promised tomorrow.

So he did, scooted over with a rapidly beating heart to the boy’s side, in a reasonable distance (so the boy wouldn’t freak out). Soonyoung clears his blocked throat pretty loudly, causing the boy to spare a glance at him, despite the fact that the earphones are stuffed in his ears.

He really is indeed very attractive up close, and Soonyoung tries his best to not to wheeze right there and then.

“Hey,” Smooth. Good first move.

The latter turned to face him, confusion spread across his face as he tugs one earphone out. “...me?”

His voice sounds tiny, just like his figure, and very cute. He got this. Soonyoung is the man.

“i’m Kwon Soonyoung,” he juts out his hand, offering a handshake as a smile proudly plastered on his face.

Just as the boy took Soonyoung’s hand in his (he is not hyperventilating inside, no) and about to give him his name,

“Call me soon.”

 

+++

Chan barked a loud, obnoxious laugh as Seokmin shook his head in pure disappointment.

“That slipped off of my mouth! It was my fault, all right, i was half-brave half-nervous! I didn’t think!” Soonyoung wailed, face buried on the crumpled pages of his chemistry book.

“A-and then what did he said?” Chan pants in between laughters, hand clutching onto his stomach. “Gosh, Hyung, i think i have abs now.”

Soonyoung straightens his posture with a disapproving look, “He gaped, like a fish out of water—a cute one,” he answered dreamily and Seokmin swore he has hearts on his eyes. “And then the bus arrived! Freaking bus just had to arrive at times like that. And, well, he said it’s nice to meet me and scrambled off inside the bus.”

Seokmin widened his eyes, “So you didn’t get to know his name?!”

The poor guy seemingly realized that just now. His eyes rounds comically (as wide as they can get) before he broke into a pathetic wail again. “ugh! That’s it! He won’t ever talk to me again he won’t even go to that bus stop again and i don’t even know anything about him and—“ Before Soonyoung hyperventilates, Seokmin patted his back, almost feeling sorry for him.

“Oh, it’s not that bad, hyung,” Chan finally reassures him after a jab on the side, courtesy of Seokmin, albeit half-heartedly. “He won’t do that just because of what you said to him yesterday! You’ll just have to try again!”

He whines softly, dipping his head down to face-desk again. That is kind of impossible. Earlier this morning, the now-creeped-out-cute-stranger was nowhere in sight. He never missed that bus before, at least not this month. Soonyoung wonders if it’s because of him—but did he really has the power to make attractive people traumatized? He pouts, cheek pressing against the book he uses as a pillow.

“Don’t mop around and try again!” Seokmin pats his back hard just as soon as the teacher slammed the door open.

Easier said than done.

But, there he was again, at the usual spot. He tried to not to sigh in relief as he spotted a familiar figure sitting calmly on the bench, earphones as usual plugged in to his ears. He was hugging a red bag in his lap which Soonyoung figures it must be his. The boy looked adorable and Soonyoung can’t help but to wheeze a little silently. He then exhaled softly, to calm his nerves down, before as smoothly as possible walking over to where the latter is seated.

The boy seemed to notice his prescense from the way he blinked to nothing in particular, then slowly turning his head to Soonyoung’s direction. Soonyoung’s breath hitched but he made his way safely and sat next to him—again, in a reasonable distance.

“I—i’d like to apologize for yesterday!” He blurts out, squeezing his eyes shut, hands clasped tightly together as he ducked his head down, like a child that’s been scolded by his parents.

The other tipped his head to the side in response, lips pursing out slightly. “What for?”

Soonyoung looked up from his lap slowly, locking eyes with his massive crush. “The... the yesterday’s accident—where i, i said call me soon? I swear that was meant to be a joke—! I was too nervous, i—“

A chuckle made him halt on his ramble. Was it dimples Soonyoung sees? Oh, god. His weakness. The super-duper-adorable stranger is there, in front of him, chuckling at him with his super-duper-adorable dimples. Soonyoung made a strangled noise.

“W—why? Why are you laughing?”

 “It’s alright, no need to apologize. Although it was, truthfully, kind of creepy.” He said, playfulness lacing his tone.

He felt like a weight has been taken off of his shoulders. Soonyoung flashed a tiny grin, jutting out his hand like what he did yesterday. “Let me start this off again. Hello, i’m Kwon Soonyoung. And you are?”

The boy blinked at him for a couple seconds before breaking into a timid smile, taking Soonyoung’s hand in his, giving it a light squeeze. “Lee Jihoon.”

 

+++

 

“Has the dude finally made a move on you already?” Seungcheol mumbles out lazily after seeing an all-smiley Jihoon entering their dormitory room.

“Yeah. Finally, that wimp.”  

 

 

 

 

。.゚+:((ヾ(。・ω・)シ)).:゚+。

 

 

 

 

wHEEZES thank you for the 20 subbies omfg??? ;AAA;
this was supposed to be a oneshot but,, i’m not satisfied with this ending because the story is basically focusing on Soonyoung’s attempts to have the brat’s name and yes. Should i make another chapter?????
i’m sorry if i failed your expectations huhu u  n  u thank you again!!