Spartan crimson red & Brownish-pink

Glitch

 

 

-For god’s sake Kyungsoo, please stop playing with your hair!

For the umpteenth time that day, Kyungsoo runs his fingers through his newly dyed hair. He has an undercut and had his hair dyed to a Spartan crimson red, mixed with his black roots to make the red look a little bit darker. His fringe was styled upward so his forehead could be seen. It almost looked like a quiff but he didn’t really care about the name, all he wanted was to be able to keep that look for a while. Baekhyun was right, he really did look good. ier, even. He felt more confident and definitely ready for the party now.  As for Baekhyun, he didn’t dye his hair. It was still dark but he asked for it to be styled upward. When he saw his reflection, Baekhyun almost let out a squeal and Kyungsoo was grateful he had kept the scream for himself.  He also bought tons of hair products. The party was in two days, his hair wasn’t going to stay like this without them.

-I have to say, you were freaking right about this, Baek.

Baekhyun doesn’t say anything but Kyungsoo doesn’t miss the smirk on his face.

**

That night, Kyungsoo heads to his room, happy with his decision of trusting Baekhyun for once. But at the same time, also scared of falling into the unconsciousness. The nightmare he had  made previously had hunted him all day long. Thanks to his best friend he could forget about it for a short moment but that was not enough to make him completely forget. He was scared of looking outside his window; he was scared of seeing it. He didn’t mind at first but now those nightmares were certainly not a good sign. He glanced in the mirror one last time before lazily turning off the lights and tip-toing –because, yes, he still didn’t know how to make his way in the dark- to his bed. But you know how it is when you don’t want to see something, your mind always wants to check anyway. It’s just a glance but it’s enough to frightened Kyungsoo. The shadow is there, just outside his window, looking at him directly in the eyes. It had happened before but right now there is something different, something terrifying in the silhouette’s eyes. Something he can’t put a finger on but  it definitely wasn’t friendly. His feet move without his consent and before he even realizes it, he’s taking a step forward. What is this?! He tried to back off but his muscles seem to be in some sort of a trance. He finally stops at 30 centimeters from the window. 30 centimeters from that thing. He is utterly shocked and frightened now. What if it breaks the window and kills him?  Suddenly, it seems that the look in the shadow’s eyes has changed. Or maybe now he is close enough to actually see?  The expression could be considered… curious, yes, curious and also expectant. He doesn’t know why but he suddenly wants to talk with that thing but just before he can open his mouth it disappears.  Again. He’s a little bit disappointed but also relieved. The fear he had felt before was  completely gone now. He turns to walk to his bed but hit his toe on the corner of the bed and let out a loud swearing.

**

They have a few minutes left before leaving for the party. His best friend had arrived two hours earlier to help him with his hair. He stared in awe at, what Baekhyun called, « the creation of a masterpiece ». Kyungsoo was currently sitting on his bed, fidgeting with his fingers. He stares at his friend with an amused smile as the boy whistled in the bathroom while styling his hair.

-Tonight is the night, Soo. I can feel it.

-I really hope not.

-Why? Are you jealous?

-No, but you’ve never talked to that Chanyeol guy and unless you want a one night stand I don’t recommend you to jump on him the first time you two talk. Also, it would mess up your hair.

-You’re right… Baekhyun let his hand fall from his hair and stared off into the distance like his whole life plans just shattered before him.

That was his cue.

-Let’s go Baek.  We wouldn’t want to be late to your sweet lovey-dovey crush’s party, right?

-Of course not! Let’s go!

Kyungsoo smiled as the excited boy made his way out the door, hopping down the stairs.

**

It’s loud. Very loud. And they aren’t even in the house yet. They have to make their way through countless people blocking the door. Kyungsoo had been on his guard from his house all the way here. He knew the shadow was following him and he tried asking Baekhyun about it but the boy was too much into the rehearsal of his conversation with Chanyeol to notice anything. Surprisingly, as soon as they reached Chanyeol’s house, the shadow vanished.

-I swear, if one of these stupid drunk pea-heads touche my hair they’re dead!

-Calm down Baek. Look, see? We got in, didn’t we?

Baekhyun displayed a triumphant smile.

-Step two, find the gazelle.

Kyungsoo almost choked on his saliva.

-Oh don’t play all innocent, Soo. You know what I want.

-I thought you wanted a serious relationship?

-I do, but I can also enjoy the booty while it’s here.

-Can’t you just watch ‘the booty’ from afar?

-I promise I won’t get too close but I can’t promise I won’t touch it either.

- Then please keep clothes on. And him too!

-Of course! What do you take me for? He said while crossing his arms in front of his torso in a protective gesture.

-For a teenager.

-I’ll have you know I’m not a teenager anymore!

-You still act like one though.

 Kyungsoo his heels, done with the conversation. He heads towards a quiet spot, if that even exists in that house, to watch the people dance. Nobody caught his attention but he felt a weird tingling sensation inside him. Just like when you’re about to find something. He stared numbly at the crowd for a moment before heading towards the homemade bar. After getting a glass of whatever alcohol was in there he loosened up a little bit. Maybe he should dance too? He shakes his head at the thought. He heads back to the place he found earlier but unfortunately, now it was being occupied by a couple the life out of each other. He sighed and started looking for another corner where he could hide himself. While looking around, his eyes met another boy’s pair of eyes.

He is tall and very handsome. Kyungsoo can’t help the blush from creeping onto his cheeks. He quickly looks away but, judging by the smirk on the boy’s face, he knew he was in trouble.

He only peeked! And to his defense, he looked familiar.

Luckily, the tall boy doesn’t come his way but keeps sending looks in his direction ….and Kyungsoo returns every one of them.

Kyungsoo brings a hand to his red hair and smirks to himself.

He’s about to stare back again but suddenly, he feels the presence of someone behind him. Not touching him but a little bit too close for comfort between strangers.

He turns around and comes  face-to-face with Mr. Smirk. Who is, as a matter of fact, smirking again!

‘What is your name and do you come here often?’

Is what he intends to ask but blurts out a simple Hi.

-Hi. I’m Kim Jongin. He offers his hand and Kyungsoo shakes it. Even his name sounds handsome. Now that he can look at Jongin up-close, he takes his time observing the boy. He is, at least, 10 cm taller than him, has tan skin and his hair is dyed to a brownish-pink, messily brushed up.

- Do Kyungsoo. After the short hand shake, Jongin leans on the wall, crosses his arms, and asks nonchalantly with a hint of curiousness.

- I’ve never seen you before. What brought you here?

-Oh well Baekhyun, my friend, kind of invited himself and dragged me here.

-Is he the boy clinging to Chanyeol right now, by any chance? Jongin points behind Kyungsoo and he fights the urge to face-palm himself. Baekhyun is dancing a little bit too close to Chanyeol and keeps sending lustful gazes in his direction. The latter seems pretty amused with the whole show, though.

-…That’s him. He says, his face red as a tomato.

-He looks pretty entertaining.

-He is. He wants to disappear into the ground. Why is Baekhyun messing up HIS love life now?!

-Careful. Jongin wraps an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He brings him closer just in time so the boy stumbling behind him doesn’t hit him and throw up on his shirt.

-Thanks. Kyungsoo sighs as he watches the mess the drunk boy had made on the ground. Actually, it’s just a distraction because that Kim Jongin smells good. He was so intoxicated with the scent he hasn’t notice Jongin’s hand still holding his shoulder.  

Breathe, Kyungsoo, breathe.

You know how to do that, don’t you? You’ve done that for the last 20 freaking years! I’m warning you, if you stop now the consequences are going to be pretty bad!  It would be even worse than turning as red as a lobster in front of such a beautiful human being.

Slowly but surely, he starts breathing normally again.

-Hey Jongin! The pink-haired boy turns around to greet another tall boy. Are you coming, now?

-Oh yeah, right. I’ll be right there.  After a nod in Kyungsoo direction he starts walking away before coming back on his steps.

-Would it be weird if I asked for your number? Jongin asks.  

Kyungsoo heart explodes into millions of pieces that lodge themselves between his lungs, liver, and every other unknown crevice of his body, creating a very uncomfortable feeling.

-No, of course not!

-Great. Jongin smiles for the first time that night and they exchange numbers. He actually smiled not smirked! For Kyungsoo this is a big step. See you later, then.  With that, Jongin waves as he leaves with his friend.

 Jongin’s smile is contagious.

-Hey Soo, what’s with the love-struck expression? And may I know who that gorgeous boy was? Baekhyun screams in his ear to cover the background noise.

-Kim Jongin. He answered absently.

-I see. Baekhyun smiled amusingly.

-Baek, is this love at first sight?

-No, that doesn’t exist. That’s just your raging hormones.

-Oh. Let’s go dance Baek, I’m feeling amazing thanks to these raging hormones.

-Oh my I don’t care if this doesn’t even sound like you at all I certainly won’t let this opportunity pass by! Let’s go!

They head to the center of the room and while one dances from happiness the other dances from the Kim Jongin effect.

 

**

 

 

 

a/n: Yup chapter two is out! :)  First update of 2016! Happy New Year everyone, I hope its a year full of happiness and beautiful moments! A BIG thank you to http://notsoclosetedfangirl.tumblr.com/   for proof-reading my fic and helping with with English!!! You are amazing and thank you for working so hard ><

Ah! Also I know some words disappeared of the text ahahaha Its aff censoring. Idk if I should mark it because if those words but it seems a little bit stupid....

Also thanks for subcribing, reading and commenting :)  Leave your comments on this chapter! I'm curious!

Thanks to jiMinsugar and KawaiiSwagger for upvoting (and for your lovely comments)!!!! ILY <3

I'll try updating soon but I need my brain's collaboration for that, ugh.

Anyway! I hope you like the update!!!!!! :)