FOURTH

Look Here

A minute felt like an hour, an hour felt like a day, a day felt like a week, a week felt like a month, a month felt like a year, a year felt like I'm gonna die. I've been playing with my food since the appetizer came out from the kitchen. I just lost my appetite since Kim Seokjin, my almighty senior, sat across me with all the smirks on his face and his annoying glance. But apart from that I actually kind of admire him for being a hardworker person on his 20s.

"Mrs. Park." Seokjin said as he gulped down the last drop of his water, "May I borrow your daughter for a second? It seems like we have an awkward air to get rid of. So maybe I just want to have a small talk if that's okay." He said in overly polite way. And what was with 'borrow' thing?

Before I could say 'no' my mom was one step forwards and said 'yes' immediately. I grabbed her hands trying to send a quick telephaty but the last thing I knew was Seokjin's hand already grabbed mine and pulled me to stand up. I could see his smile which I knew that was a fake and too forced smile. I sighed before stood up eventually when my mom said we had to get to know each other better, because we soon to be family. Before I could speak another word, Seokjin grip on my hand were tighter and we walked out from the restaurant and stopped by the nearest porch at the back of the restaurant with full view of the back hill. He was kind of a genious bussiness man, placed his restaurant in the middle of beauty scenery like this. If he wasn't as cold as ice and as jerk as joker, I would be happy to compliment his restaurant.

"Stop holding my hands." I slapped his hand and he was smirking as usual.

"It wasn't like I want to at the first place." He took his hand off from mine as he leaned forward to out his elbow on the fence.

I hissed, "I'm going back in."

"Wait." He grabbed my hands again, "Stay here."

"No."

"I said, stay here." He said in a deeper tone even I couldn't hear his voice clearly.

"Make me." I challenged him before I turned around ready to leave and suddenly he pulled my hand really hard and too strong to resist until I hit his chest, with mine. He grabbed my back as soon as I crashed on his embrace. I tried to let go but he gripped my back even tighter before he leaned forward so slowly. Couldn't take it anymore I slapped his face by the time he closed his eyes, "Are you out of your mind?!"

"What? You asked me to make you stay here."

"By kissing me? Are you an idiot?"

"No. I'm a quick planner."

"Yeah and your plan is ." I pushed him as I took a step backward.

"Let's give them a time alone." He pointed towards my mom and his father's table as I saw them laughing. I guess they were telling a joke to each other. I felt myself smiling as I saw them.

"You're right." I looked at him when he was already stared at me smiled before he looked away.

"You have to smile often." He said suddenly.

I stared at him in disbelief. The funny thing when I heard him say something nice for the first time was, did something possessed him? But apparently, he was being him because he laughed right after, "You're the one who should smile often. You're really a cold person."

He chuckled, "So you're Jungkook's friend?" He asked.

Yeah, I've been forgotten Jungkook. I nodded, "We're just know each other, not really a friend."

"Jungkook told me everything about you." He teased.

I silently smiled but my face remained flat, "We met accidently."

"He seems to like you."

"Who don't?" I said in self-bragging mode.

He smirked, "I don't."

"I hope you don't."

"I have a girlfriend."

"I didn't-" I paused a bit before remembered Jungkook's conversation over the phone with someone and asked the person to text him an address, "-ask." I finished my sentence.

"I just tell you to not put a high expectation on me to like you."

"I clearly said, I hope you don't!" I shouted feeling irritated.

He nodded laughing, "Want to take a tour?"

"Tour?"

"Gwacheon is my hometown. I know this place better than anyone else."

"No, thanks."

"Come on, butthead." He dragged me by my elbow.

"What?! What did you just call me?"

"Shut up and follow me."

He closed the door beside me and by the time he entered the other side of the car he put my seatbelt on forcefully. He saw his handwatch before started to drive as I texted my mom saying I was kidnapped by her soon-to-be-son and my mom replied with:

I hope he also my soon-to-be-son in-law :D You two are cute together.

I just sighed before sat the cellphone down as I saw Seokjin pulled over the park I used to visit. The park at night definitely has a different view than in the afternoon. Seokjin turned off the engine and took off his seatbelt before he hopped out of the car, followed by me. I put my questioned face but Seokjin decided to ignore it and started to walk away.

"Why you bring me here?"

He sat on my usual bench, "It's my favorite place."

"I see." I sat beside him as I tucked my hands inside my jacket pocket.

"Cold?" He asked looking at my hands.

"No." I shook my head but he grabbed my hands and held it for a few seconds before he pulled out a pair of cute pink gloves which seemed warm and he put them on to my hands.

"You should bring your gloves. The night air here is colder than Seoul." He said as he put the gloves on my left hand.

I was thinking about shared something about this park since I always stays at this park every Saturday afternoon because of particular reason, but then I thought to hold myself back to not sharing too much information since I still felt something was off between Seokjin and I even if his gesture was gotten better towards me within hour.

"So you grew up here?"

He nodded, "I moved to Seoul when I was in middle school."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Hmm." He nodded.

"What happen to your mother?" His body suddenly tensed and his stared wasn't a blank stare anymore but a fearful and scared stare, "You don't have to answer if it's bothering you."

"She's gone. I hope that's enough."

I nodded, "Quite enough and I'm sorry for asking."

"Nevermind." He smiled staring at me before laughed.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You're wearing a dress but looking cute with the gloves on."

I looked down on my body as the dress perfectly hugged my body and I felt like a dumb woman who had her first date laughing at her because of wrong date costume. I was about to hide my face before a pair or arms circling around my shoulder putting the jacket as the one who gave me it shivering from coldness.

"Seokjin, I'm okay."

"No. I'm used to it. I love the coldness anyway." He paused a bit before started again, "I always remembered when I felt cold my mom would always handing me a jacket and hugged me even with the jacket on. She was everything to me. She's my first love." He smiled as his eyes began to tear up.

"I'm so sorry for your lost." I whispered as he nodded smiling.

"Thank you."

(Narrator's POV)

Black could be a perfect camouflage especially at night. The black van which parked at the back of Gwacheon park for example. The van were there from 7 p.m. a few hours ago, taking a good and perfect look toward their two main objects. The first object at the restaurant, the second object at the park. But the team inside were decided to follow the younger since they could control the older easily.

Someone grabbed a walkie-talkie and talked with someone, mumbling something and clicking over the laptop. They really watched their object really close and detailed. They didn't have their gun yet, since there were no threaten warning. The man who sat on the passenger seat had his eyes darted on his main object at the park. Switching his gaze between the laptop and the view in front of him. Feeling enough he threw away his headphone to the back seat as he let out a frustration groan, sighing before covered his face feeling irritated and anger at the same time.

 

To be continued