Fear and Hopes

Fear and Hopes

The streets were desert. It was dark and the wind was relentlessly blowing. One could hear the sound of crows caw powerfully, and a light mist had begun to spread in the city. However, more than the wind and the crows, one could also hear fast footsteps noises and gaspings that belonged to a man who ran as if he was chased by some terrible things. His face was covered with fear, apprehension and sadness, but his gaze was also looked around, as if he was searching for something. 

               “I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t want to do that.”

 The man quickened his pace, not even knowing where he was going nor where he was anymore. Only his instinct, that he had never listened to in the past, guided him right now.

               “I promise I won’t cause you any more troubles. I mean it.”

 Still running, he couldn’t help but think about some happy moments he had in his life, in good company.

                 “So I’ll realize your last wish and disappear from your sight.”

 The young man really wanted to let his tears flow out but he held them back as much as he could. He didn’t want them to fall now.
Suddenly, he stopped in front of a huge building. He looked at it for a few seconds then rushed inside.

                 “I still wish you’ll be able to forgive me one day. I’ll always look at you, but… don’t blame yourself ok?! Think about you first.”

 The man was in the stairs, still running like a mad man. His body was really tired because of all his efforts, but he couldn’t stop. He didn't want to stop.

                 “Even with everything that happened, I still have great memories. So… I think this is a good bye.”

 He opened a door and found himself on the rooftop. He had climbed 12 floors without any rest and the cold wind's contact on his transpiring skin burned him like nothing had burned him before, but he couldn’t care less. He just continued to run.

               “I love you…”

 

 

“-No!” A man's cry pierced through the night. His body had jumped by itself through the little amount of strength he still had and, thanks to that, he had been able to catch the sinking body's hand.
“-What are you doing here. Let me go!
- You really think that I'd let you fall like this and die?”

Despite the posture of the person he held onto, the first man didn’t give up and, in a final effort, pulled the other one back on the rooftop.

“- You wanted to leave me? You really wanted to abandon me? You should already know that I can’t blame you for anything! Stop thinking like this! What would I do without you, Donghae?!”

The man embraced him harder than ever, crying. Letting the fear and the tension he suffered from, escape.

“- Sorry Hyukjae… I’m sorry… I won’t ever do it again! I... But... I didn't... It was...”

Said Hyukjae slowly raised his head and stared straight into Donghae’s eyes, more than anything wanting to communicate his real feelings and let him know that everything was alright.

“- I’m sorry Hyukjae…" Donghae repeated. "I’m…”

Hyukjae didn't leave him time to finish his sentence and captured his lips with his. Donghae didn't stop crying but returned the kiss nonetheless.

At this point, nothing could allay their relief away.

 

                The dark night was still the same but the crows were gone, the clouds and the fog had blow away, revealing the full moon, and their two entwined bodies were protecting them from the cold.

 

End.