Off To The Store!

Yellow Bicycle

“This stinks” Youngjae muttered under his breath as he was forced to ride Himchan’s yellow bicycle on his way to the convenience store in the middle of the night.

“Yes I know my yellow bicycle stinks, but it’s the only mode of transportation I have, sorry”

“How about your car!” He shouted back and turned around. He couldn’t help smiling when he saw Himchan pouting at him.

“ My car is in its repair works. I am trying to make you feel better after you lose the bet with me! Remember cola! Cola!”

“Yes sir” Youngjae saluted jokingly and stepped out of the house with his bicycle with him. He sighed and got onto his trusty yellow bicycle. He stepped on the pedal and made his way to the convience store. He didn’t know why the store which was just a few houses down the road was still open on Christmas Eve. He was sure that everyone is busy preparing for Christmas tomorrow and was given a day off or at least a half working day today.

He felt the wind breeze past him as he rode faster. He smiled to himself and thought maybe he needs to go more on these small rides alone. It was snowing and the neighborhood looked pretty. Houses were decorated with white snow as the snow fell from the sky. He looked up for a moment, the sky looked so beautiful tonight.

He sighed as he got right back into reality.

It really wasn’t his week this week. He almost got fired from his job just because his colleague was drunk to work on Monday and the boss scolded the whole team because of the policy of “ All for One and One for All”. Youngjae was given a harsher warning because he was the overall in charge of the team. He was more pressured to work harder and was the last one to leave the building today.

Other than that, he was unable to go back to his parents’ house to celebrate Christmas with them. He was forced to stay with Himchan tonight due to the heavy traffic and also because Himchan’s house was the closest to his work place. He did call his parents and told them about the situation but he just felt disappointed that he wasn’t able to keep his promise with them.

Also lastly, he didn’t have anyone with him. He was still single, well it wasn’t so bad, but still he didn’t have very close friends to hang out with tomorrow. Himchan has his other friends and had originally planned to spend his time with his friends tomorrow. Yes Himchan was his closest  and best friend but he had a life too, Youngjae acknowledged that.

“Seems like I am all alone” Youngjae mumbled and spotted the convience store. He cycled faster to the store and got a shock of his life when he saw a man standing by the ice cream freezer right outside the store. He was just about to hit him and pulled his brakes. He closed his eyes and placed his feet down to stop the bike.

“Watch out!” He shouted and he didn’t heard anything for around 5 seconds.  He heard a loud laugh coming from someone in front of him and opened his eyes.

“Watch out? I am fine! You didn’t hit me” Youngjae’s eyes widened and looked at the white jacketed man in front of him. Seeing the man totally uninjured and just fine- he let out a soft chuckle.

“Sorry! I look stupid now right haha” Youngjae laughed nervously and quickly got out of his bike. He parked his bike beside the ice cream freezer and almost ran into the store.

“OH!” Youngjae stopped at the door and turned to the man who was already staring at him.

“Please take care of the bike! It belongs to my friend and… please don’t steal it” The man’s rather adorable laughter filled the air as Youngjae stared at him confusedly. He personally did not find his request odd and weird or funny, yet he did not feel angry at all. The man that was laughing at him looked cute with his cute eye smile. Yes the man is very cute.

“Don’t worry I won’t steal it”

“So I can count on you?”

“Yeah sure”

“Thank you!” Youngjae spoke with a higher pitch voice and grinned brightly at him . He bowed awkwardly before entering the store. He was facepalming himself in his mind- what was he doing trying to be all cute with the man- the stranger, he just met. The heck, he didn’t even know his name. He make his way to the fridge and pulled out the cola Himchan wanted.

“Oh? You’re buying that?” He turned to the worker at the counter and nodded.

“Yeah, my friend wants me to buy this for him. He quite lazy hehe” The worker laughed and tilted his head.

“By any chance, are you Himchan’s friend?”

Youngjae blinked.

“You know Kim Himchan?”

“Yeah, Kim Himchan, the one who talks alot and owes a yellow bicycle”

“Yeah! Yeah! That’s Himchan!-”

“Hey! Stop it right there!” Youngjae frowned, it sounded like the man he met outside the store.

“Woah, here!” Youngjae placed the can on the counter. “ I need to check if his bike is still there-”

“Himchan’s bicycle?” Youngjae nodded in a hurry and ran outside the store. He met with the sight of the man holding tightly onto the bicycle and this other man with a blue jacket holding onto the handle. They were like having a tug of war with the yellow bicycle. Poor bicycle.

 

“Yah ,you can’t take this bicycle-”

“But it’s Himchan hyung’s bicycle, he let me ride it! You know he would!”

“Yeah well, Himchan is not here!”

“Huh?” The man with the blue jacket let go of the bicycle. “Then who is riding this bicycle then?”

“It was his friend, you know, the friend who comes to stay with him once a while?”

“Oh, he was here? Himchan was usually the one who comes here with this bike”

“ Yeah….The man mumbled.” ….and he was pretty cute"

“Ohhhh” The man in the blue jacket turned around and spotted a blushing Youngjae standing near the door.

“You are Himchan’s friend?”

“Huh?” Youngjae nodded furiously and looked at the man whose face had turned red. “Y-You both know Himchan?”

“Yeah, Kim Himchan hyung…. Do you mind if I use the bicycle?”

“N-No, I don’t mind-”

“Then why are you, Daehyun hyung, fighting with me over this bicycle! You said once you didn’t know how to ride a bicycle and you didn’t care about the bicycle-”

“Yah!” Daehyun nudged the man in the blue jacket and looked away from Youngjae. His face was turning redder. “ He ask me to take care of it and not to let anyone steal it”

“You listened to someone you never met?”

“I-I mean…” Daehyun sighed softly and looked at the ground. “ I don’t know…”

“Hey it’s fine!” Youngjae spoke up cheerfully. “ I don’t mind Daehyun or …” Youngjae gestured to the man in the blue jacket. “You, let me just buy Himchan’s drink and go off then hehe, you can use the bike tomorrow”

With that, Youngjae rushed back inside the store.

“I see you met Daehyun and the other guy, Jun Hong” The worker commented and handed over Youngjae the change.

“Himchan’s friends I presume?AlI I know is Jongup, who is a great dancer. I know that Himchan comes here often but I didn’t know his friends goes here as well”

“Well, I am his friend as well! I am Yongguk, nice to meet you Youngjae”

“You knew my name-”

“Himchan told me about his little adorable friend that wasn’t having a great day staying in his house in the afternoon”

“Well Himchan does visit the store often eh?” Yongguk nodded and held back his laughter as Youngjae wrinkled his nose and headed for the door.

“Himchan just needs to tell everyone eh?”

“Well that’s Himchan”

 

“Hey”

“Hey?” Youngjae was surprised to see Daehyun and Jun Hong again - now standing side by side. Daehyun smiled up to him.

“Going home?”

“Yeah,it’s late anyway” Youngjae looked up at the dark sky. “ Aren’t you two going home?”

“My house is right around the corner, but Daehyun hyung’s house is quite a distance” Jun Hong said-Youngjae was confused to why Daehyun was giving Jun Hong the evil eye..

“But his house is close to Himchan’s, he lived right beside Himchan!” Jun Hong continued and pointed at Daehyun who remained silent.

“Ah, I see.” Youngjae went on his bike and placed the cans he brought inside the basket in front of the bicycle. He had a thought in mind and decided might as well go for it.

“Hey Daehyun?” Youngjae called out.

Daehyun looked at Youngjae and grinned shyly.

“Yeah?”

“Hop on”

Youngjae was peddling fast to the point he was sure that they were going at around 100km/h. He was laughing hard because of Daehyun who was clutching onto his shirt tightly . The latter was busy screaming at the speed they were going at. Youngjae was having so much fun and he had a feeling Daehyun is too.

“I repeat again, I do not like riding bicycles!”

“Well, I believed this is your first time riding one”

“Shut up!” Daehyun held onto Youngjae’ shirt and leaned forward. He rested his head against Youngjae’s back and spoke. “Woah we are going so fast”

“Yeah we are, I am making you like to ride bicycles, it’s fun!”

“You want me to like this?”

“Yeah, feel the wind Daehyun!” Youngjae exclaimed as he made a sharp turn and went faster. Daehyun yelped but he couldn’t help laughing once he heard Youngjae screaming “Snow!”.

“Can’t you slow down?”

“Why, it’s fun!”

“Yah!” Daehyun hit softly on Youngjae’s back and chuckled hearing Youngjae welped in pain.“Slow down!”

“Okay okay, slowing down”

Youngjae felt Daehyun wrapping his arms around his stomach. He felt flustered feeling Daehyun leaning his forehead against his back. He cycled on quietly and the bike was moving at a very slow speed. He didn’t want to get home just yet even though Youngjae saw Himchan’s house which was just some peddles away from him.

“Hey Youngjae?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you like snow?”

“Snow? Yeah, I like snow, snow is all around us”

“Do you like the convience store?”

“The store we went too? Sure! Yongguk hyung and Jun Hong are nice people and I got Himchan’s can there”

“Do you like riding a bicycle?”

“Yes of course! Well I am trying to get you to like riding one right?”

“Do you like Christmas?”

“Yeah, I do” Youngjae paused. “I spend it usually with my family, but maybe I am spending Christmas alone this year”

There was silence once they reached Himchan’s house. Youngjae peddled a little further just so that he could send Daehyun back home. He went down the bicycle and turned to Youngjae.

“Hey”

Daehyun spoke up when he reached his house door.

“Yeah?”

“ Would you like to spend Christmas with me?”

“Huh?” Youngjae grinned and nodded quickly. “ Yeah but I kinda did, it is already 1 am now”

“Do you do not want to?!”

“Of course I do” Youngjae laughed as Daehyun scoffed at him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, though I did not have any Christmas gift to give to you” Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows and instantly blushed when Daehyun held his hand tightly.

“Well, you spending time with me is already a gift”

“Ehh…” Youngjae did not know how to function when Daehyun said something cheesy yet sweet to him. He was about to give him a small kiss on the cheek when he felt someone sitting behind him.

“YOO YOUNGJAE” Himchan screamed and waved at Daehyun. “Hey neighbour”

“Himchan hyung?”

“Ah hyung!” Daehyun exclaimed and saw Himchan pouting behind Youngjae. Youngjae turned around and sighed.

“Himchan-”

“Take me back to my house peasant”

“It’s just like 2 metres away”

“My bicycle”

“Who is peddling”

“I won’t lend it to you anymore from today onwards then”

Youngjae gave in and made his way back to Himchan’s house. He could have sworn Himchan was smiling- yeah he was able to make Yoo Youngjae do something rather stupid for him. He only had that power because he had the yellow bicycle. He got off at Himchan’s door and looked back at Daehyun to find him still standing there waving at him.

“Today, 10 am here with the yellow bicycle”

“Sure”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note: I haven't been writing for a long time and I tried! I hope you guys like this ;-;

HAPPY HOLIDAYS loves!

To those who read my fics:

I LOVE YOU<3

School has been hectic last year since I needed to study so much and next year is worse due to my major exams, and what is worse is that my drafts are all erased due to a virus in my comp, this happened last year in Jan ;-;

But I will try to update my fics if I could ;-;