Chapter 7

Not Over You

#7: ·    “it´s my [insert family relation here]´s wedding and seeing all these happy couples is killing me and all i can think about is how this was almost us” AU (bonus: “i know that it’s two in the morning and i’m dressed really formally and a little (a lot) bit drunk but i couldn’t stop thinking about you after my grandma asked how you were doing also can i come in it’s freezing out here”)

 

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

 

Wedding ceremony was anything but Eric’s most favourite activity that day. Seeing his sister’s happy expression, of course, warmed up his heart, after all he wanted all the bests for her. She certainly looked happy with her now-husband, they looked perfect together and Eric could not wish anything else for her, except happiness until the rest of her life.
 

“Why have a winter wedding though…” He grumbled to himself as he turned away from the crowd and instead, approached the mini-bar.
 

Drinking something felt somehow a better activity than watching the happy couples and feeling like dying inside.

His recent break up certainly did turn this whole event bitter. Seeing people with their dates laughing happily, dancing together and then having those not so many single people hitting on each other (and on Eric)… it was anything but enjoyable, it was disheartening and made Eric blue.

If it wasn’t for his sister, he certainly would not have attended the wedding. It just felt like a simple torture.

Still lingering over his break up two weeks ago, still loving that precious person… it was hard to attend a wedding. Especially such a stupid break up that was a result of a useless, bad fight.

In the end they both were just stubborn and said, ‘sure then let’s break up’ and they just accepted it like that and haven’t talked since then. Their pride stopped them from reconciliation and Eric was well aware if they continued on this way… they will drift apart and then, things will be beyond fixing.

It will be final.

However, that was something he definitely did not want.
 

After he poured some champagne for himself he turned back and looked at the crowd dancing together, his sister and his husband in the middle, smiling and laughing together happily, exchanging small kisses…

He slid his hand to his chest that was in an unbearable pain for a while now.

He sighed. Just to think it could have been the two of them if they weren’t both idiots…

He felt miserable.

Because Eric admitted, he was like that as well, it was not only the fault of his ‘ex’. He was an idiot as well.

He felt strange, he grimaced.

It was hard to think of him that way… ex… he really did not want to accept it, especially because he always thought of him as the one he was going to spend the rest of his life with.

It was a plan, in fact, not just the thought. He knew he had found ‘The One’ and it was beyond question they are going to stay together until the rest of their lives - in good times and in bad.
 

And look where they are now…
 

“Oh crap, I feel like dying…” He mumbled to himself as he sipped into his champagne, “Let’s just drink it away, drink, drink…”
 

It really was his plan. Rude thing on his sister’s wedding, but he planned on getting shamefully drunk because at least then his head would not be filled with Hyesung.

That’s what he thought and was concentrated on executing these plans when he heard a low, kind voice from behind himself and he soon faced his mother’s warm smile.
 

“Eric-ah…”
 

“Ah, mom!” Eric forced a smile at her, he was incapable for anything more that moment, “Are you having a good time?”
 

“Of course!” She replied, her eyes were shining from excitement, then her expression turned worried, “But, Eric-ah, where is our Hyesung? I did not see him anywhere…”
 

“Ah, that…” Eric rubbed his nape troubled. Just what exactly he should tell to her? He never actually officially announced his break up… it was too fresh and he was full with too much hope for a restart.
 

His mother, however, was quick to catch up as she asked with lifted eyebrows, “Don’t tell me… you two broke up?!”
 

If one’s heart was really capable of stopping without the person itself dying… then it did happen to Eric that moment.

His chest felt uncomfortable and a kind of guilt climbed up its way into his throat, creating a lump there, being hard to breath or talk. However, the worst was how his chest ached seeing his mother’s worried expression and the sadness in her eyes.

She liked Hyesung a lot, he was aware of this fact. They got along there and she treated him as another son, many times recently even called him as her ‘son-in-law’.
 

If he told her now they aren’t really together anymore…
 

“What? No way!” He lifted his hands before himself panicked and he knew he was doing something idiotic, but it was inevitable if he did not want to cause a major heartbreak to his mother, “He just… couldn’t make it, but sends his best regards…”
 

“I see, I am glad then.” She said nodding satisfied, Eric could literally read the relief in her eyes, then pointed at Eric as if she was threatening him, “You better keep him, I like that boy a lot!”
 

“Yeah… I’ll do my best…” Eric smiled uncomfortable only having his head patted by his mother.
 

She waved bye and left to talk to another relative she pointed out in the crowd, leaving alone Eric at the bar counter, sighing.
 

“Oh, mom...” He mumbled and drank his champagne in one shot.
 

 

It was late into the night, two in the morning to be precise, when Eric was stumbling up on the stairs of the house which he knew quite well, after all he had been its guest for quite many times already over the years.

It was Hyesung’s home. And if he was in his right mind he would have probably chosen a more rational time for a visit or he would have probably turned around and left just like he did many times after their break up. However, Eric was in a slightly illuminated state – more like heavily illuminated state - and so, he became rather courageous despite the fact he was preparing on pushing the doorbell of the ‘dragon’s castle’.
 

He took a deep breath and tried to straighten his posture, but it was hard to stay on his legs that way, still, he did his best while pushed the doorbell again and waited. It took a while though and it was understandable – it was pretty late, Hyesung was probably in bed already…

However, Eric’s drunken brain could not really process this information though and decided pushing the doorbell once more, simply forgetting his finger on it.
 

It had the desired effect though.

Soon he heard the heavy steps and annoyed cursing and then there was standing Shin Hyesung in his pyjamas, his furious expression soon turned into surprised:
 

”E… Eric?” He lifted one of his eyebrows as he figured Eric was not entirely sober, “What are you doing here…” He looked up and down on him and a short laughter broke out of him, “What’s that on you?”
 

“This…ah…” Eric touched his suit and stepped forward with his wobbly steps, “I’m coming from my sister’s wedding…”
 

“Ah, was that today? Congratulations!” Hyesung smiled then he sighed, “Yah, are you… are you drunk?!”
 

Eric shrugged, “Maybe?”
 

Hyesung shook his head annoyed, “Just what kind of an answer is that… How much did you drink?”
 

Eric shrugged once again, “Dunno… it kept coming… lost count.”
 

For a while they were both quiet, as if Hyesung was waiting for Eric to say something, however, he was too busy with keeping himself on his soles.

In the end, Hyesung got tired of waiting and instead, on a bitter tone he asked:
 

“Eric, what exactly are you here for? Especially in such a state… Why did you drink to begin with?”
 

“Because of my mom…”
 

Hyesung gasped, “What? Did something happen to Mother…?!”
 

Eric hung his head and shook it that way, “Nah… she is fine… lively… but Hyesung, she asked about you.” Eric looked up but had to shift his gaze, his chest was aching, “She asked where are you, she doesn’t know… about us.” He lifted his head once again and gazed at Hyesung, “I could not tell her, you know? Her heart would break, she likes you a lot… Also,” He took a step forward, “in fact, me as well.”
 

Hyesung bit his lip, “Eric…”
 

“And since then… I seriously can’t stop thinking about you, the last two weeks I kept thinking of you and I don’t know, maybe being drunk has a good effect on me and pushed me here, either way, Hyesung-ah, really,” Eric pulled himself together and let out a tortured whine, “can I come in? It’s freezing…”
 

It really was cold. It was the time of the season when it was time for snow but it still did not drop, bringing painful, icy cold with itself.

And let’s face it, a suit only was not quite the fitting clothing for such weather.
 

Hyesung could only stare at Eric for a while unbelieving then he shook his head smiling and opened his door wider, “Come in.”
 

He turned around and walked inside, scratching his head troubled and Eric was sure he heard him mumbling to himself not too pleased.

Eric followed him, rubbing his palms together to warm them up and he stopped surprised when he did not find Hyesung in the living room. A moment later he appeared, holding a blanket in his hands which he handed over to Eric.
 

“Because you said you were freezing…” He shifted his gaze embarrassed, “Spread it onto yourself to warm up. I’ll bring some warm tea as well…”
 

Instead of the blanket though, Eric grabbed Hyesung’s hand by some crazy reason. Not really a reason, he could not come up with anything, instead, it was a feeling of having to hold onto something or else you will lose it. That’s the kind of feeling Eric had that moment and he was not sure if it was because he was drunk or not, still, he had the courage to do so – unlike before.

Hyesung looked dumbfounded and his cheeks turned red quite obviously.
 

“You probably don’t take me seriously because I’m drunk but…”
 

Hyesung stepped to him and pushed his palm against his mouth, “Let’s talk about this tomorrow.” He let go and turned away, he was clearly embarrassed, “Stay the night. I can’t send you off anywhere in this state...”
 

He took the blanket, that fallen onto the floor during Eric’s previous action, and spread it onto him, holding it together on Eric’s chest.

He did not move away, they were close. Hyesung looked straight into Eric’s eyes and murmured on a low tone, “I’ll call your mother and tell her you are here. She will worry, I bet you did not even say goodbye.”
 

Eric did not reply, not like Hyesung would have let him, he continued, “Go take a shower, change your clothes… they are at the usual place, at least what you’ve left here… then go to sleep.”
 

Hyesung let go of him and turned away, however, a moment later he grabbed Eric and pulled him back, right into his hug and mumbled against his ear, “For once, I’m glad you’ve gotten drunk…”
 

He then pulled back, gently caressed his cheek then disappeared in the kitchen.

Eric did as he had told him. Took a shower, then went to the bedroom, to the wardrobe to get his clothes – freshly washed and nicely folded.

He smiled to himself as he put them on, then he slipped under the blanket in the bed and let the tiredness and drunkenness take over his body.

He still heard it faintly as the door opened and closed, then felt the lifting of the blanket and as Hyesung’s warm body snuggled up to his.

Then he fell asleep, peacefully, for the first time in two weeks…

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the delay in uploading, after doing the H&G update my brain did not want to work anymore. xD
Also, I did write the chapter in time, however, it just did not feel good enough... it was lacking OTL Not like it's any better now OTL
Anyway I've changed the 'grandmother' role to 'mother' because I've thought that would fit better...
Still not replying to comments... gonna do it soon, this week, sorry OTL

Hope you liked this chapter though, it's nicer this time, happy end yass
*too tired to sound excited lol*

Thank you for reading

See you next time

P.S.: Because my brain doesn't work so I have no idea how to title this so I'll just leave it as Chapter 7 until I don't get a better idea... I seriously hate giving titles xD