--JINSEUL

the ineffable christmas

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You


Seulgi looked upon the wishlist she had just finished the night before. She pursed her lips together as her eyes ran through the list in dissatisfaction at the thought of something missing. She heaved a sigh; wondering what it was that had been missing.

“What are you doing?” Jinyoung crept up behind her.

The man had just returned from the basement where the boxes of Christmas lights and decorations had been stored away. When he came back to the living room, he had seen a frowning Seulgi and he wondered if there had been something bothering her, especially on the night before Christmas.

He placed the boxes aside and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. Jinyoung took in the sight of the long list and he chuckled as he saw its’ contents.

Written on the list were Seulgi’s Christmas wishes and there was a sense of hilarity about it. Her list had been something like this.

-Ask Mr. Tuan for more off days.

-Ask Mr. Tuan to give Jinyoung more off days.

-Ask Mr. Tuan to give Wendy more off days.

-Pikachu Plush Toy

-Pringles Supply for a year (or maybe 2 years, that will help)

“Wish list, huh?” He chuckled in her ear but the girl seemed to pay no attention to him. “I think I can grant you the last two if you want.”

“That’s very nice of you.” Seulgi muttered distractedly, her attention solely on her wishlist. “Hmm, something’s missing here. I just can’t put my finger on to what.”

Jinyoung let the girl go as he grabbed the list off her hands, much to her dismay. He scanned the paper over and soon found himself frowning as well.

There was definitely something missing from the list. Seulgi knew that and now he knew that as well. It bothered him greatly that he too didn’t know what was missing but a few guesses always work.

“A bear plush toy?” Jinyoung asked but Seulgi shook her head as a response.

“I got that last year.”

“New shoes?”

“I think I can buy my own shoes.”

“Hmm…” The man gave the paper back to her. “What did you write in your list last year? Or the previous years? Is there anything you particularly remember?”

Seulgi shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “Nothing much, except…”

A sudden realisation hit her and she felt flushed in her cheeks. The girl quickly placed the paper elsewhere and headed to unbox the Christmas lights and decorations that Jinyoung had brought up. Her sudden movements had the man confused and he had trailed after her like a lost puppy.

“So you do remember something.” Jinyoung kept following her around. “Was that what is missing from the checklist?”

“I… uh, I guess.” She kept herself busy.

“What is it?”

Seulgi turned to dismiss him but she soon realised that she was trapped in between his two arms, her back now resting against the tip of the table. The girl rolled her eyes but Jinyoung only continued to grin further, leaving her much annoyed.

“You obviously know, judging from that smile on your face.” Seulgi tried to hide her smile as well although she guessed she was probably as red as a tomato by now.

 “Know what?” Jinyoung feigned ignorance as he then wrapped his arms around her waist again.

“That wanting to be your girlfriend is at the top of my wish list last year?”

“Oh really?” He grinned harder. “I didn’t know that.”

“Well now you do.” Seulgi pouted and tried to push him away.

She couldn’t however, as Jinyoung only hugged her tighter, a goofy smile adorning his handsome features. It was infectious, and Seulgi felt really light, as though all the tiny bits of happiness particles had consumed her.

“I wonder if you have any more wishes involving me….” The man chuckled profusely. “I’ll grant them for you.”

“Well, there is one thing.” Seulgi teased.

“Tell me.”

“I… would appreciate it if we put up the decorations for the tree now.”

“Are you sure?” Jinyoung made a kissy face that had Seulgi laughed in embarrassment. “I guess if you really want to.”

“Fine.” She covered her face against his chest as she muttered meekly. “I really want to kiss you. That’s my Christmas wish involving you.”

“Say the word and you’ll have it.” The man raised her head slowly and cupped her face adoringly. “In fact, I can continue to grant this wish even when Christmas ends.”

“Oh, shut it you.”

He chuckled as his face neared hers. “Merry Christmas, Seulgi.”

Seulgi found that she couldn’t answer, for Jinyoung’s lips has now fit into hers nicely, leaving her a very lasting impression of a wonderful Christmas this year.