Chapter 1

He's not just an exchange student

I add a few lines in this chapter.


 

A black sedan stops in front of the Yoo resident and the driver opens the door for the young man. Daehyun steps out from the car, thanking the driver as he takes his luggage and walking up to the door. He glances down at the address in his hand before looking up again at the house in front of him. Taking a deep breath, he knocks on the door thrice, waiting for it to be opened.

He smiles when a middle aged woman and man greet him with a smile as well, “Hi. Is this Mr and Mrs Yoo’s resident?” He politely asks, still holding his smile.

“Yes it is. You must be the exchange student right?” Mrs Yoo is the one to speak with a slightly cheerful tone.

“Yes it is me. I’m going to stay with you for a while here.”

“We have been informed about you. Please come in.” This time Mr Yoo speaks up as they gesture for Daehyun to enter. “Our house is not that big so we are sorry in the first place for the inconvenience.”

The young man looks around the house, taking notice of the family photo hanging on the wall with a few photos of two young boys around it. He smiles and shakes his head at Mr Yoo, “I don’t mind the slightest. It’s warm and feeling like home here.”

“Please sit down while I fix you some drinks. You must be tired right?”

“Thanks Mrs Yoo.” Daehyun bows his head politely and takes a seat on one of the couch. The drinks arrive a few minutes after with some homemade cookies served on a plate.

Mrs Yoo sits next to her husband and both of them look at the young man with a smile on their face, urging Daehyun to have a drink. Daehyun takes a sip of the drink and clears his throat. “I guess both of you already knew my name?”

The couple chuckle and shake their head, “We just know your first name.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.” He quickly bows his head to apologize before he continues again, “My name is Daehyun Jung.”

“Daehyun Jung..” Mrs Yoo repeats, “nice name but why does it sound familiar?” she looks at her husband as her husband looks at her as well before both of them widen their eyes and gasp.

“D-Don’t tell me that you are the prince? The second child of the King Daewon?” Mr Yoo stutters a bit as he asks the young man sitting on the opposite couch.

Daehyun just stays silent, blinking before he clears his throat again, “I’m surprised both of you know me. People don’t usually know me because I like to stay hidden.” He chuckles softly and takes a sip of the drink again. “How do you know me though?”

“S-So it’s true. Well.. we used to live in Korea too and we know some things about Korea too, Your Highness.”

“Ah.. don’t call me that. Just call me Daehyun. I like that a lot better and may I ask a favor?”

“Sure.. what is it, Your High- I mean Daehyun.”

“Don’t tell anybody about it. Just pretend that I’m just an ordinary people” Daehyun smiles at the both of them.

Mrs Yoo looks at her husband and then back at him, “We can do that and Daehyun? You can call us Mummy and Daddy”

“Really?” Daehyun’s eyes are filled with excitement as he looks at them with a wide smile. Mr and Mrs Yoo chuckle as they look at the excited young prince.

“And since you are also a Korean, I guess we can talk in Korean as well?”

“Sure. It would be lovely.” Daehyun smiles softly, “May I know since when you live in California?”

“Oh! We moved here when our oldest son turned 7. My husband had to move here because of work so yeah, I guess it is not bad at all to live here.” Mrs Yoo is the one to tell him.

“Nice. I feel so good to get a Korean host family. Makes things a lot easier for me.”

 

 

After they talk for while, they show Daehyun his room on the second floor but once the door of the room is opened, Daehyun stares at it for a while and his host parents are fidgeting under his gaze. It looks like the room has its owner but it is big enough for two people.

“We are so sorry Daehyun but you have to share this room with our son. He has classes today so he won’t be back till evening. We would like to give you our oldest son’s room but it is small and there are a lot of his things in there. I hope.. you will be comfortable here..” the couple look at him worriedly, expecting his answer.

Daehyun smiles as he takes a few steps inside to look around the room. It is neat and tidy and smelled of lavender. “Your son must be a neat person. I wouldn’t mind to share this room with him.”

He can hear the barely audible sigh from the couple, “I’m glad you like it. There is bathroom too in here. We will leave you to rest and get your things unpacked.”

The couple leaves him to himself and shut the door behind them as Daehyun looks around. He sits down on the fluffy bed before taking off his jacket. The photo frame on the desk at the end of the bed catches his attention. In the photo is a guy about his age with cute chubby cheeks, smiling widely. Daehyun couldn’t help but smile as well at the photo. The guy is cute with his black hair, button nose and plumps lips. Not to mention his eyes when he smiles.

“Cute..” Daehyun mutters as he gazes at it.

He takes a look at the time on his wrist watch, showing it’s 10.30 am. Maybe he could sleep for a while before he goes to the university to register. He lies down on the fluffy bed and lets the sleepiness immediately gets into him the moment his head hits the pillow.

 

 

Youngjae stares at the whiteboard in front of his class while his lecturer is talking about something. He hates mathematics yet he scores the subject with flying colours. He puffs his cheeks and leans his head on his palm as he draws random doodles on his book, not caring if he has to erase it later.

The knock on the door catches his attention because that means his lecturer will stop talking and get distracted for a while so he won’t have to listen to his lecturer. As his eyes travel to the door, someone enters and Youngjae squints his eyes at the guy at the front of the class.

The guy is definitely an Asian judging based on his looks and damn, those thick lips really catch his attention. He can already hear the whispers around him about the guy who is talking to his lecturer.

Youngjae meets eyes with the guy and gets a smile in return but he doesn’t bother to return back because he is not in the mood to be friendly. Blame his mathematics lecturer for it.

“Hello, I’m an exchange from Korea and my name is Daehyun Jung. I will be here for a while so please take care of me.” He bows politely and the whispers erupted in the class. The girls are whispering about how hot he looks and they really want to date him and so on.

Youngjae groans, already feeling sick in his stomach. Great, just great. Stealing my spotlight on the first day.

He takes another glance at the exchange student and bites his lower lip. He’s kind of attractive though.

He tunes out the rest of the talking around the class as he slumps in his chair and looks outside the window, admiring the clear blue sky. The clock on the wall is showing that it is half past twelve and Youngjae has the urge to ditch the class to go home but he tells himself that just a half hour more before the class will be dismissed.

The chair beside him grazes against the floor, gaining his attention to look at the intruder of his peaceful moment. Daehyun smiles as he makes eye contact with the cute guy in front of him as he already knows who is the guy from the photo but not really sure about his name.

“Hi. May I sit here?” Daehyun asks politely as his lips stretch into a grin.

“Yeah. Whatever.” Youngjae rolls his eyes, staring at Daehyun with a hint of boredom.

Daehyun coughs awkwardly and sits down before looking at the guy again, “What’s your name? I’m Daehyun.”

“Youngjae.”

“I know you are a Korean since I first laid eyes on you. Nice meeting you, Youngjae.” Daehyun smiles and offers a hand to him but the other does not bother to take it so he awkwardly lets his hand falls into his lap.

There is silence between them when the lecturer starts again with his lecture, ignoring the sigh of the students who reluctantly look back at their lecturer.

This is going to be hard but fun at the same time. Daehyun thinks as he looks to the front but his mind is still on the cute guy next to him.

 

Youngjae runs back home because he couldn’t wait to get home as his mind is filled with the thoughts of lying in bed and eating delicious food that his great mom cooks. He bumps into a few people and apologizes hastily as he continues his journey.

When he opens the door of their house, the smell of food already reaches his nostrils and he quickly throws his bed onto the couch before going to greet his mom in the kitchen. He does not even notice his father who is sitting at the table because his father is not always at home at this time.

“Mommy!” Youngjae greets excitedly and kisses his mom on the cheek, peeking over her shoulder to see what kind of food does his mom cook.

Mrs Yoo looks up and kisses her son’s cheek as well to greet him back. Mr Yoo shakes his head when he sees his youngest son is acting like a kid even though he is already twenty one. The sound of someone coughing makes Youngjae turns his head to the table, grinning when he sees his dad sitting there with a cup of coffee in front of him.

“Daddy..h-hi..” he grins sheepishly as he remembers how he acts just now. It’s a bit embarrassed to do it in front of his dad.

Mr Yoo nods his head, his lips twitch a bit into a small smile.

“My dear, please go wash up and get changed so we can eat later with our new family member.” Mrs Yoo mutters softly as she pushes her son slightly to the stairs.

“New family member? Who?” Youngjae frowns. He does not remember having any relatives that gave birth. Who might that be?

“You will get to know him later. Anyway, he’s staying in your room and please be nice to him because he’s not an or-“ Mrs Yoo stops himself when she remembers about the promise of not telling anybody about Daehyun’s secret.

“He’s not what, mommy?”

“Nothing dear. Go go wash up”

Youngjae pouts and stomps his feet as he makes his way to his bedroom upstairs. He notices there is a big luggage at the corner of the room, still unpacked. He raises a brow, wondering who might that guy be and this guy definitely will stay with him for a long time considering the size of his luggage. Shrugging his shoulder, he strides to the bathroom to wash up real quick because his stomach has start growling. He is hoping that the guy who will be staying in his room will be a nice and hot guy so he will have something nice to see right?

After having the nice shower, he dresses up quickly, not wanting his family and stomach to wait any longer. The food might be cold as well and it will not be as good anymore.

As he takes the steps downstairs, he hears his parents are talking to someone and weirdly, that voice sounds so familiar but he couldn’t recall where he has heard it.

There is definitely a guy, sitting next to his mom with his back facing Youngjae so that the latter can’t really see his face. When he approaches them, he gasps as the guy turns to look up at him with a smile on his face.

“Y-You? What are you doing here?!”

 


does this story makes sense? ;-;