Dear Santa

Dear Santa

Nayeon’s POV:

 

Everyone knows that Santa Claus has a good list and a naughty list. Kind, nice children who have been well behaved all year belong on the good list and will get their ideal present. As for the mean, disobedient children, they go on the naughty list and will only get a lump of coal.

 

I always made the good list, but this year I’ve been having my doubts.

 

The first time I saw her was around six months ago, I had just earned a stable position in the company as well as a new work partner. It felt like my life was finally starting. I had a well paying occupation, a girlfriend (even though she’s currently overseas) and a bright future. I came from a well off family and lived with great friends. It was a life that most people would want to have.

 

She was four years younger than me, a junior who was just about to start her second year in university. With a pretty face and taller than average build, she was what everyone would undeniably call ‘pretty’. Chou Tzuyu is my partner’s adopted younger sister.

 

From the moment that I stepped into the car that would take me to our little group dinner I knew the person beside me was a stranger. The car was dark so I couldn’t make out her face but she seemed to get along well with everyone there. I felt awkwardly out of place as I was obviously the newest addition to the group. It wasn’t until we finally arrived at the restaurant that I saw her face. I had known I was sitting next to my partner’s sister on the way here yet they were the most different people you could imagine, while the older had a chic appearance and the personality of a dork. Tzuyu was the shy and innocent looking kid.

 

The dinner wasn’t awkward as we mainly stayed on the topic of work. Tzuyu just stuck with her sister and smiled shyly whenever she made eye contact with someone. I never would’ve guessed that this kid would end up being on my mind everyday a few months later.

 

Now on Christmas Eve, I still had my job and a bright future, but I didn’t have a girlfriend anymore. We broke up earlier in the year and of course, she had to be there when it happened. As I stroll through the brightly decorated streets, my thoughts unknowingly drifted towards the pretty kid who started turning up in my head shortly after the breakup.

 

I thought that she was only just a kid, but over time she proved me wrong again and again.

 

Chou Tzuyu was generous; she would spend more than necessary on her friends. She was easy going and got along with anyone even if they were normally too overbearing for others. She was playful; she was a kid after all. However she too had her mature moments. Whenever her sister isn’t by her side she proves to not only be courteous but also calm in any situation. Tzuyu was kind; in fact she is what we would call too kind. The type of person who puts everyone before herself, Tzuyu was-

 

“Unnie! Nayeon unnie!”

 

My thoughts were suddenly distracted when I heard someone calling me from one of the event booths.

 

“Nayeon unnie, would you like to donate some money and write a letter to Santa?” A junior from my old high school, Dahyun, was standing at a booth for donation and Christmas events.

 

“A letter to Santa?” I repeat with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Yeah, basically you write what you want for Christmas in the letter and donate some money to this charity in place of postage fees.” She explained as she gestured to the banner in front of her stand. ‘Dear Santa’ was written in bright red lettering on top of a forest green background.

 

“Sure, sounds fun.” I said as I gave her some money and began to think. What do I want most this Christmas?

 

“The thing I want most…” without realising, I had already written a simple yet true wish.

 

                                                     Dear Santa,

                                                      Listen to my story, I’m wanting it desperately

                                                 For their heart to be the same as mine…

 

It was short, but it was heartfelt and summed up all my wishes. I might be unwillingly head over heels for the kid but she was still just a kid. Tzuyu has her own life, her own friends, which also probably meant her own love life. So while I was hopelessly crushing on my junior, which is already kind of embarrassing, I had also given up the possibility of her liking me back as if my situation wasn’t already extremely depressing.

 

“Thanks for the donation unnie.” Dahyun said as she bowed in thanks. “By the way, are you going to the party tomorrow? I heard it’s at Tzuyu and Jungyeon unnie’s house this year.”

 

Every year our company and other associating businesses holds a party at someone’s house and invites every university student and employee in the field to celebrate the year and our achievements, it was grand but somehow casual as the businesses would try to snag as many aspiring graduates that they could to join their company in the future.

 

“Yeah, I was actually just looking for a present for the gift exchange tomorrow.” Was what I said but in reality I was looking for a present that Tzuyu would like even though she probably wasn’t going to get it.

 

“Oh, well I’ll stop bothering you then. See you tomorrow!” I waved goodbye to Dahyun as she returned to her job and I continued walking through the streets.

 

In the end I settled on a simple black and white beanie. Since it seemed like a gift that anyone would be happy to receive for winter and Tzuyu barely ever wore hats, so a beanie would be perfect for the kid who doesn’t own a single hat. I’m the first person to give her a hat… makes me kind of special doesn’t it. Haha, what am I thinking…

 

“There and done!” I said as I finished wrapping the gift. She might not be getting the present but I’ve made an effort at least. Now all that’s left is to sleep and rest up for tomorrow. I crawled into bed and before I knew it I had drifted off. As expected even when sleeping my heart fluttered as I dreamt of us together. Maybe someday we’ll be like that in real life, yeah right.

 

                                                      What about us?

                                                        You and I made my heart flutter, hope we’ll be a bit closer

                                                    Come to me today

 

                                                       What about us?

                                                         For us to spend together

                                                         For a white Christmas to come

                                                I’m Waiting

 

(In Nayeon’s Flashback Dream)

 

“Hey, sorry did you wait long?” I asked as Tzuyu got into the car.

 

“Nope, I just came out. Looks like we have great timing, haha.” I smacked her shoulder in a joking way as she put on her seatbelt and we began our trip.

 

“So this is a secret from Jungyeon right?” I didn’t really play music in the car often so conversation would have to make do. But with the it made finding a topic harder than usual.

 

“Uh, well I told her I’ll be popping in later today…” I smacked her shoulder again.

 

“You should’ve kept it a secret so we can surprise her!” I pout as I drive to which she gave an awkward chuckle.

 

“Well it is her birthday and she isn’t stupid. If it helps, I have an undercover spy telling me when to go up and stuff.” She says as she sends me a wink while putting a finger to her lips.

 

I said nothing as if signalling her to continue and strangely she understood my silence and spoke.

 

“Her secretary has been texting me a live stream of the office since this morning.” I smiled at this; at least she knew how to use her brain for stuff like this. Her sister says she’s too lazy for this kind of thing and has a bad reputation in school, but she isn’t too bad from what I see. “Sorry for dragging you out on your day off, did you have anything planned before this?” She scratched her cheek, a habit she did whenever she was nervous.

 

“Nah, besides I’m willingly doing this. Your sister is my friend too, so no big deal.” I notice her relax a bit as we arrived. “Have you thought about what cake you’re getting her yet?” I asked as we headed towards the cake store.

 

She shook her head cutely as if deep in thought.

 

“Is there anything she doesn’t eat?” I asked as she opened the door whilst giving me a wink and let me in. Aish, this kid. Who told her she could act all polite and flirty with me?

 

“She eats pretty much everything, hehe.” We stood there just staring at the range of cakes available before us. “How about you pick one, unnie?”

 

I gave it some thought before choosing one. It was a circle yet had a delicate and unique design, easy to divide and appealing. Perfect.

 

“Excuse me, can we have this one please?” Tzuyu said as she got out her wallet to pay.

 

The cake was quite bulky but since she insisted on carrying it, I ended up feeling both guilty and awkward at the same time. We were two people, with a couple’s height difference walking on the street, going to places and buying things while joking and enjoying each other’s presence. It was almost as if we were on a date.

 

Wait, snap out of it Nayeon! You. Have. A. Girlfriend. Even Tzuyu knows you have a girlfriend, so don’t you dare let your mind wander.

 

“Does your sister like anything or want anything in particular? I feel bad going in without a gift.” I rambled as I try to distract myself.

 

“Oh yeah, she likes a specific pen brand. All her fountain pens come from that company.”

 

“Can you take me there? I’ve always wanted to buy pens for my co-workers.” What kind of crap are you saying, Im Nayeon? Probably anything that will distract my mind from this situation.

 

“Uh sure…” Her sudden change in demeanour caught my attention. I found out why when we arrived at the pen boutique. She had told me to pick one and as expected she beat me to it again. I could only helplessly watch as she pulled out some money and shot me a smug grin.

 

“Why do you keep insisting to pay for everything?” I pout as we walked towards the office. We were planning to eat before going up.

 

“You’ve already done your part by being my driver for the day.” She gave a chuckle as she noticed my pout. “Besides, I want unnie to know that I’m someone she can rely on.” She said it in a simple way. Like she was just saying a well known fact and totally being unaware of my blushing face.

 

“Aish, let’s hurry it up a bit. I’m getting hungry.” I marched ahead hoping she wouldn’t notice my red face. Good thing she let me pay for my own lunch, otherwise I might’ve completely forgotten that I’m already in a relationship. Sure, it was long distance, but a relationship is still a commitment.

 

“We still have plenty of time, want to get something to drink before we go up?” I asked and gestured to a nearby bubble tea shop. It was the perfect chance to pay for her. But then what was I expecting, the kid was smart enough to line up behind me and pay for her own drink. I sent daggers at the yogurt drink in her hand while we rode the elevator to the office.

 

“You want to try some?” Oh god, wrong signal. I face palmed internally as I leaned in and took a quick sip before offering her my straw. “You have a real sweet tooth you know?” she said as she pondered over the taste of my drink.

 

It wasn’t until the elevator dinged that I realised we had pretty much just indirectly kissed. Twice. (no pun intended) God dammit Nayeon, stop!

 

“Unnie, you hide here so they can’t see you ok?” I stared at her a bit confused. “They don’t know you’re coming so you’ll be the perfect surprise.” She winked at me as she finished whispering and knocked on the door. I could feel my face heat up and for the hundredth time today I tried to veer my mind away from what was obviously wrong. She just has an eye spasm, it’s not like she’s winking at me on purpose…

 

Tzuyu and I ended up waiting till they finished work and after a nice dinner, here we were, in a karaoke bar. Everyone was having a great time and for once Tzuyu wasn’t beside her sister. Instead she was sitting next to, you guessed it, me. Honestly I didn’t know why we were at a karaoke bar when Tzuyu refuses to sing. She just watched everyone sing and enjoy themselves. I saw the admiring sparkle she had in her eyes in my peripheral vision when I sang and although it was embarrassing somehow it felt right. Knowing that all her is attention on me and only me, felt right.

 

“Unnie. Nayeon unnie.” I felt her poking my arm as I snapped out of my trance. “Your phone is ringing.” She said in a quiet voice. Did I hear a faint trace of sadness? I saw the name of my girlfriend on the screen and excused myself before answering the call outside.

 

“Hey Nayeon…” her voice sounded somewhat tired and suddenly a sick feeling pooled in my stomach.

 

“Mina?” I answered as casually as possible. Focus Nayeon, you’re talking to the girl that you love remember?

 

“Are you free right now? It’s been a while since we last had a conversation…” that comment alone made me feel guilty. While I was out with different people every day, I had been too busy and neglected my girlfriend. But then again, now wasn’t exactly a good time to talk either.

 

“Um, I’m at my partner’s birthday party right now so can we call later?” I asked apologetically.

 

“No it’s fine; you don’t have to call back.” I gave a sigh of relief when I heard her answer and then my breathing stopped. “Ever. I’ve been thinking it over recently, and I think we should just stop this. Whatever it is that’s been happening between us ever since we’ve been living apart. You’ve been too busy for me and as much as I want us to keep going it seems like your feelings and some of mine have just disappeared. Let’s stop this Nayeon unnie, we both know it’s for the best.”

 

Silence engulfed our conversation and a cold numbness spread through my body as I muttered a small ‘ok’. She was right in the way that my feelings for her have probably disappeared but nevertheless the breakup stung. We had been dating for over a year after all; maybe we could’ve lasted longer if the ballerina hadn’t decided to go on a world tour. But then that was just a maybe that didn’t happen. Letting out a shaky sigh, I took a few deep breaths to calm down before painting a smile on my face and headed back in.

 

Suddenly the night seemed longer. My eyes felt tired as the dimly lit room eased me into a drowsy mood. The rowdiness of my co-workers were flying over my head as I sat there blankly staring at the wall.

 

“Unnie, are you ok?” Tzuyu looked at me with a worried gaze. I smiled back as best as I could but it was probably still fake enough that even a kid like her could see through it. The worried look remained on her face as she faked a yawn before tapping her sister’s shoulder. “Unnie, I have a class tomorrow morning. Do you think we can go home soon?” I noticed her giving me a side glance as she said this and again my face warmed up at the thought of her doing all this and caring for me. Dammit Nayeon, you broke up less than thirty minutes ago and you’re already like this?

 

“Alright, let’s leave after another fifteen minutes. Some of us have work tomorrow too.” She replied as she patted Tzuyu fondly on her head.

 

“Ok, have fun. I’ll just go to the bathroom before we leave.” I watched as she excused herself and headed out of the room. Everyone was either partly drunk or too into the party to notice as I slipped out of the room and after the tallest.

 

To my surprise she stood against the wall right outside the room. A pleasant smirk plastered across her face as she stood up and dragged me further down the corridor before stopping abruptly.

 

“Unnie, why did you follow me?” She asked in a cheeky way as her eyes curved into crescents to accompany her Cheshire cat grin.

 

“Can’t I also go to the bathroom? It was just a coincidence.” I randomly picked an excuse as I answered while avoiding her stare. “Let me ask you then, why are you always so nice to me?” I shyly peeked at her only to find her walking towards me and in a flash she had backed me up against the wall. Using her height to her leverage I was completely enveloped in the being that was Chou Tzuyu.

 

“Isn’t it obvious, unnie?” her face was getting closer by the second and as much as I hate to admit it, I was expecting something as my face burned more than ever as I couldn’t help but notice her lips that were closing in. “It’s because I-“

 

*Beep beep* *Beep beep* *Beep-*

 

Sunlight seeped through my eyelids as I felt like smashing my alarm to pieces. Never in my life have I ever wanted to break something so bad. Perfect. I can’t even dream a fully happy dream anymore. As I went through my morning routine while trying to calm down my rapid heartbeat, I noticed the wrapped gift on my desk and remembered. It’s Christmas today.

 

                                                   With a beating heart

                                                                            Wearing white clothes under the colourful tree lights

                                                        To the sparkling streets

                                                     Clean bell sounds by my ear, smile with each step

 

                                                 I have a good feeling about today

                                                           Christmas time that makes my heart flutter

 

The party was at seven o’clock which meant I had exactly ten hours from now to get everything ready. Why would I need ten hours to simply get dressed and out the door? Because lucky me, the party is at Tzuyu’s house this year. Even though the event was completely casual I still struggled to choose between the million outfits I had. Best option was to get a second opinion, aka call Jihyo over.

 

“Wow, your place is-“

 

“Oh shut up, it’s not like this is your first time here.” I snapped at the girl standing in my doorway with fake shock all over her features. Party preparations came before jokes at the moment.

 

“Sorry sorry, so… got any ideas at all?” Jihyo asked as she headed towards my room. “Man, your room is still a mess, just like I remembered.” she cackled as she picked up a pair of shorts I had flung onto the floor while emptying my closet of ideas.

 

“You moved out a year ago, you make it sound like you haven’t been here for a decade.” I deadpanned as I grabbed the shorts out of her hand. “As for ideas… hmmm… what are you going in?”

 

The girl gestured to her current outfit and it was perfect, casual and ready for a party it was also better than any of my ideas. A nice dress? Too Formal. Pair of pants and a nice dress shirt? Too business. Shorts and a crop top? Too summer.

 

“Why are you fussing over clothes so much anyway? It’s not like you’re a fashion terrorist.” Jihyo casually remarked as she threw together another outfit for me. “You’re acting like you’re trying to impress someone.”

 

I hurriedly snatched the outfit out of her hands in an effort to change the topic. It’s bad enough that I have feelings for a junior, but if Park Jisoo aka microphone Jihyo found out about it I’d probably never hear the end of it.

 

“Is this ok?” A simple skirt with a white turtleneck and a brown boyfriend coat, not too cold or formal or business, Jihyo smiled as she threw me the finishing piece: a small stylish backpack.

 

“Perfect, just like me.” She winked to which I cringed and began packing the clothes back into my closet as I ignored her. I collapsed onto my bed when we were finally done. My best friend however stood there staring at a clock. “What time does the party start again?”

 

“Seven, why? I was thrown off guard as she threw something at me before bolting out the door.

 

“Thirty minutes till you’re late for whomever you’re trying to impress!”

 

I don’t know why I panicked along with Jihyo when Tzuyu’s house is just ten minutes away. We ended up arriving early rather than late and were one of the first ten there.

 

“So, where are our kind hosts?” Jihyo asked Dahyun as we settled down on one of the living room couches.

 

“Jungyeon unnie is taking a nap since she just pulled an all-nighter and Tzuyu is in the kitchen.” As if my body wanted an excuse to go to the kitchen, suddenly my throat felt awfully dry. “Unnie, did you both prepare gifts for the present exchange? I’ll take those now if you want.”

 

We handed our gifts in and chatted with Dahyun for a while when she came back but soon after my throat still felt like dying. Having no choice I decided to ask Dahyun where the kitchen was so I could ‘get a drink’. The house was pretty big for two people living here and I would’ve gotten lost if a certain someone hadn’t stopped me.

 

                                                  I feel like you will secretly come to me

                                                  So I turned around to look

 

“Nayeon unnie, are you looking for the toilet?” Tzuyu’s head poked out of a door as I looked at the corridor behind me. She was dressed smart in a collared shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. It was effortlessly simple and definitely not an outfit that took ten hours to put together, yet it still showed off her height and those long… flawless- Where are you looking at, Im Nayeon!

 

“Kitchen actually, just need something to drink.” I said as I awkwardly walked back to the door I had passed. Now that I’m next to it I finally see the piece of wood hanging on the door which had ‘kitchen’ carved into it. Great, so now I’m stupid and blushing. Tzuyu didn’t seem to mind though; she just chuckled before asking me what I wanted.

 

“Can I get a lemon tea?”

 

“Hmm, I don’t know if we have that.” The girl’s eyebrows furrowed as she searched her fridge for my request. Why did I have to ask for the one thing she doesn’t have? Stupid Nayeon, making your dongsaeng feel burdened. “But if it’s for Nayeon unnie I guess I can just make it. We’re in a kitchen after all.”

 

I sat there on the counter, watching as she made my drink from scratch. This kid was too much. Making a drink from scratch is already making me see her differently but did she really have to say that like I’m someone special? Maybe it’s because I’m her senior, yeah that’s probably why she’s so nice to me. No other reasons, just out of respect. Makes sense after you think about it a few times.

 

“Here you go, one lemon tea made fresh from Tzuyu’s kitchen!” she smiled cutely as she offered me my drink.

 

“Thanks.” I took a sip, blushed and turned away when I saw her staring at me as if my features would show how well she made the drink. “You know, if you dropped out of business school I could probably hire you as a chef.”

 

She smiled and scratched her cheek a little, embarrassed with my compliment. Maybe it was something she put in the tea, but for some reason I couldn’t help but find her habit cute. Oh no, I’m falling for her even more now. Stop it Nayeon, she has her own life and own romantic interest!

 

“How many people are coming to tonight’s party anyway?” I asked as I played with my straw, desperate to shift my mind away from my crush that was currently leaning against the counter in front of me.

 

“Only around a hundred,” my eyes must have popped out a bit at this as she immediately added on. “There are around ten tables that everyone will be spread around on so don’t worry. Unnie you’re on table one with me and Jungyeon unnie so no need to freak out too much.”

 

I hopped off the counter and stood on my tippy toes as I patted her head.

 

“Arasso, this dongsaeng will take care of unnie right?” I was smiling as I did this and from my peripheral vision I thought I saw her blushing at my gesture. It was probably just your imagination, you’re her unnie and she’s your dongsaeng. That’s all you two will ever be, ok? Remember to burn that into your memory, Nayeon.

 

Soon the dinner started and as if my luck couldn’t get any worst. Not only were my feelings for Tzuyu growing rather than diminishing but I was seated next to her at dinner. Opposite us was Jungyeon, on my other side was Jihyo and on Tzuyu’s other side was this pretty friend of her’s called Sana. We spent most of the dinner talking to our respective friends and the only contact we had for the next three hours was the occasional brushing of hands that made my face burn during the present exchange. Tzuyu didn’t get my present and I ended up getting a pair of good quality earphones that came who knows where.

 

I couldn’t help but notice Sana playfully hugging Tzuyu or getting extra close to her as I tried to stay normal while talking to Jihyo. However stray thoughts would cross my mind often. Was she the type of girl that Tzuyu liked? Did Tzuyu even like girls? Seeing Tzuyu blush as Sana whispered something in her ear made me feel uncomfortable somehow. Does Tzuyu have a crush on this girl? My thoughts flew out of my head as I noticed a waiter pass Tzuyu a tall glass of liquid with slices of lemon floating around in it.

 

“What’s that?” I asked randomly and saw Jihyo giving me a look. Oops, I must’ve interrupted her. Not that I was paying much attention to my best friend for the whole night.

 

“It’s lemon coke.” Sana stated from the other side of Tzuyu. I stared at her blankly as if asking her to explain further but before I could open my mouth Tzuyu beat me to it.

 

“Want to try some?” she offered me the straw. Great, she thought I was staring at her glass. I nod shyly and she holds the glass still while I take a sip. It was a strange combo but the taste was definitely good in a refreshing way.

 

“Oh wow, that’s actually really nice.” I said as I stare at the drink in amazement. I see Tzuyu give me a smile before she takes a sip, on the same straw. This is starting to kind of play out like my dream from this morning. What with the overflowing kindness and indirect kisses.

 

“You can have more if you want. I’ll just put it here.” Tzuyu said as she placed her drink between the two of us. I smile shyly at her and feel my face heat up again at the thought of us sharing a straw. I try to remember what happened next in my dream when I felt a tug on my left. I turned and found Jihyo narrowing her eyes at me as if I had done something wrong.

 

“It’s her.” she said as she shifted her eyes from me to Tzuyu. Confused, I stare back at her as if asking ‘what’s her?’ Again she just says two words. “It’s her.”

 

“I don’t get it.” I said out loud in case she missed the question my eyes asked.

 

“It’s her, you were taking forever to get dressed because you were trying to impress her.” she whispered in a tone that was soft enough for just me to hear.

 

I swallow nervously as I try to deny my best friend’s very accurate suspicions. However after thirty minutes of being in consistent denial, I gave up. Jihyo was having a field day and pretty much ran through the crowd finding our friends to spread the news that Im Nayeon had a crush on Chou Tzuyu. Just the thought of being teased made me tired. I leaned my head on the nearest shoulder available and took another sip of Tzuyu’s drink. She said I could, right?

 

As I placed the drink back down, I inhaled the scent of the person I was leaning on. It was comforting, warm and had a hint of something soapy. I notice the other arm of the person move as they picked up the drink in front of me and took a sip. That was when it hit me.

 

I was leaning on Tzuyu’s shoulder.

 

Instantly my heartbeat sped up as blood rushed to my face. I was too tired to bother moving but just being like this alone made me feel all fuzzy inside. Tzuyu didn’t seem to mind as she just sat normally if not a bit more hunched than usual so that my neck wouldn’t be strained as I leaned against her. Lying against her shoulder as we shared a drink, somehow it felt like we were a couple just having a warm and close moment. We didn’t even need to take things any further; I’m already content if we could stay like this. Too bad, we couldn’t.

 

My head felt a small bump as Tzuyu’s shoulders shrugged upwards out of nowhere. I sit up and notice that Tzuyu sat frozen in her seat with a violently red face and eyes even bigger than usual, while Sana and her other friends started giggling a bit. As I turned Tzuyu’s chin to face me, I noticed it. A lipstick mark was boldly printed near Tzuyu’s lips. The familiar colour told me that it was Sana’s. So she had kissed Tzuyu on the cheek, no big deal. Or so I thought.

 

My body betrayed me as I hurriedly excused myself and left the party. Why did I react so strongly to Tzuyu being kissed? It wasn’t even on the lips. So why did I feel anger, disappointment and jealousy (?) flow through my veins? Was it because I wasn’t used to this kind of thing? Who am I kidding; I’ve dated before so kissing is definitely normal and common in my dictionary. If it wasn’t the kiss than it must mean it was the person. Did I not like seeing Tzuyu get kissed? No, definitely not that. I wouldn’t mind seeing someone kiss Tzuyu, as long as that person was… me.

 

Realization dawned on me as I continued fleeing into the night. Jihyo had the car keys and since I had left without her, my only option was to walk home while my mind tried to stay calm as I tried to cope with accepting my feelings for once. But what good would that do? Tzuyu had Sana which meant my feelings weren’t important.

 

                                                                                What I’ve been dreaming of every day

                                                                                I want to receive a confession tonight

                                                  In that moment, if white snow falls

                                               It’ll be the Christmas of my imagination

 

Tears silently roll down my cheeks as I felt the temperature decrease. At first I thought my vision was just going blurry from the tears but then as I reached my hand out I managed to touch what I thought were just from my imagination. The first snow of the year. They say that if you see it together with someone else, the two of you will become a couple. An ideal Christmas present for many people: to finally be with the one you love. Maybe if I never had these feelings for her I would still be on Santa’s good list and get my ideal present. But too bad, I had feelings for her while I was dating someone else. That was what put me on the bad list. And now, I won’t be getting my ideal gift.

 

Instead, all I’m getting is a lump of coal. 

 

 

A/N: so as you can see, I'm not dead ^^". I've just been busy with exams and preparations for next year. I would like to say that I'm getting free periods next year so I might be able to update more but I also got this leadership position at school so I don't know if I'll have more or less time for writing. T_T Back to this story, this is only part one so chill. I'll try to get part two up before the year ends if not early next year since this is a Christmas kinda thing. It is  4 am where I live when I posted this so I apologise in advance for any typos. As usual if you find any gender or name errors I missed when I rewrote my draft into this Twice fic, do tell me :3 (secret perfectionist) or just feel free to talk to me 'bout writing or twice or anything else. (I'm too introverted for my own good).

Otherwise... Merry Christmas to y'all and hope you have a happy holiday! 

Till the next update~ (^_^)/ *waves*