Twelve

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He keyed in the password and entered the apartment, his feet moving on their own in a merry skip towards the bedroom where his love was. Placing the bag of the food on the floor outside the room, he smoothened the creases of his clothes, combing through his own hair with his fingers to set them neatly and when he was sure that he was looking his best, he picked up the bag and gave the door knob a small twist.



The door opened and the bag of food dropped to the ground as he ran to the only window of the room, looking down immediately. The fear that had struck him lightened up a little as he found that there were no disjointed body lying at the patch of grass directly below the window, four levels down. However, his brows remain knitted as he wondered how Yoseob had gotten rid of the window grilles and where exactly the smaller male could have gone.



Turning around, he was about to switch on the television to view the trapped scumbag, Yong Jun Hyung. He was certain that if Yoseob really had managed to run away, he would search for the taller male first and attempt to save him. With surging anger bubbling in him, his eyes widened as he saw that he was no longer alone in the room and there were at least five guns pointing directly to him.



Then, that was when he saw the subject of his fury standing amidst the uniformed policemen.



Giving a little snort, he leisurely strolled to the bed that was at the side of a room, the guns’ direction following him as he moved. Slowly sitting on it, he leaned against a pillow and shook his head at the scene that was unfolding in front of him. It didn’t take much for anybody to know what was happening right now, especially not for a smart guy like Daniel.



“Do you really need that many people to have a conversation with me?”



“It’s better to be safe than sorry,” Junhyung stated simply as he kept his harsh glare on Daniel who was now reaching out for another pillow, burying his face into it and inhaling deeply.



Daniel was seemingly unperturbed whilst beginning to gently the pillow, murmuring to no one in particular but loud enough for everyone in the room to hear him, “It still smells like my baby, that addicting smell. So tell me…” He placed the pillow on his lap, patting it two times before fixing his gaze at Junhyung, “Where did you take my baby to? It’s only polite to return him to me.”


“Did you really think that I am here to chit chat with you and maybe, even over a cup of tea?”



“Tea would be good,” Daniel pointed out as he gave a small smile.



“Daniel, we are here to arrest you. For kidnapping Yoseob, for attempting to murder me, for being the mastermind behind Yoseob’s parents and friend’s death.” Junhyung spoke evenly, ignoring the teasing laced in his boss’ voice. If forced to make a guess, Junhyung would daringly say that something in Daniel’s head seemed to have been unhinged.



A snort again, followed by a jerky laughter and then, a cackling that lasted for a good five minutes. Daniel had his fingers gripping the pillow on his lap so tightly and as he guffawed, the policemen exchanged confused looks, wondering of the hilarity in the current situation. Junhyung, however, was a picture of calm as he took a step forward, past the protective barrier of all the policemen and sat on the bed beside Daniel.



“I know you love him, but your love, was expressed wrongly.”



A fist flew to his face but Junhyung had caught it, knowing that this was going to happen. The mirth in Daniel has vanished wholly as he now trembled with anger, growling at the corner of his lips through gritted teeth, “You stole him from me. If you ceased to exist, Yoseob will return to me, he would be mine again.”



“He was never yours. You chained him with your lies, his guilt, your acting, his kindness. You imprisoned him for ten years already, and it’s time that he’s set free.”



“I gave him my love, I gave him a home, I gave him a future. I gave him everything and he was grateful for that. He loves me, he always had, ever since we were young but you, you came along and took him away from me. You are a relationship wrecker, you bastard.” He spat vehemently as he raised another fist and aimed it at Junhyung’s face now.



This time, he was stopped by another pair of hands and his livid expression very quickly morphed into a tender and sweet one. He removed his other hand from Junhyung’s grip and now grabbed both of Yoseob’s hands. The smaller fair male turned to Junhyung and gestured with a nod that he was fine, prompting the taller male to stand from the bed, allowing Yoseob to sit on the bed that he had been lying on for the past day or so.



“Baby, this is just a really bad joke, isn’t it? You are going to tell this obnoxious fella” Daniel shot a glare at Junhyung, “that he is too presumptuous to think that he could get you to testify against me right? You are going to support me and we are going to live our lives that we have been living for the past decade right?”



Yoseob pulled his hands away from the steel grip of Daniel, causing the latter’s hands to be clenching nothing but air. He pulled the zip of Junhyung’s jacket that was covering his bare torso up higher as he spoke calmly, “I never lived my own life for the past ten years. I had always led the life that you wanted from me. You wanted me to study with you, and even when I found a job I liked and was comfortable in, you told me to work for your company when you return to take over it.



Every day, I go through my routines the way you wanted me to. Breakfast at a certain timing, leaving home at a certain timing. I have to restrict myself in who I made friends with, who I could hang out with. Even if they had gotten your approval, you would limit the frequency I hang out with them. I never had much real friends, never had much freedom.”



“But you didn’t hate that kind of life, right?” Daniel asked indignantly as he once more tried to grab Yoseob’s hands but was yet again rejected. “You never ran away from home, you were happy living with me.”



The smaller male shook his head with a sad smile, “No, I didn’t hate that kind of life. But I never loved it too. I wasn’t happy. The only reason why I never ran away and continue living with you was because I felt indebted to you. I felt that you had done so much for me by providing me with a shelter over my head when I was merely a teenager and orphaned. I felt that since you love me so deeply and so much, I should repay your help to me by trying to love you back. But I was wrong.”



Yoseob took a deep breath as he stared into Daniel’s eyes with his own teary orbs, “I was wrong to think that I could force myself to love someone. I was wrong to not tell you earlier that I would never fall in love with you the way you did with me. And the worst of it all… I was wrong to not know that you are the person who schemed for my parents’ and Kim Tae’s death.”



“You are happier with them gone! Your mother was such a , sleeping around. You always told me how your sleep are disrupted when you hear what the men do to her and how you are tired moving from houses to houses. Killing her would put a stop to all that. Killing your dad would also put an end to any possible connection he might want from you in the future if you become a somebody.”



“What about the times when I told you about how much I love my mother for everything she has done for me? Even if I didn’t do that, who were you to decide and pass the judgement on when they should leave me?” Yoseob furrowed his brows in incredulity as tears began streaming down his fair cheeks, “And KimTae was just doing what a supportive friend does, but you killed him! For what? I still don’t understand and I guess I never will!”



Daniel shuffled closer to Yoseob, eyes fearful and expression pleading now, “Don’t get so angry with me, baby. Alright, tell you what, if you forgive and forget all that I’ve done, I promise that I’ll buy a bigger and better house for both of us to live in. You don’t even have to work and you can just stay at home to do whatever you want to do!”



Yoseob sniffed and lifted a hand within a second, his palm meeting the skin of Daniel’s cheek. Nobody in the room expected that and a tensed silenced filled the room as Daniel traced his stinging cheek in disbelief and shock. Junhyung was about to step forward to prevent Daniel from retaliating and hurting Yoseob but the smaller male looked like he had everything in control as he stood up from the bed with a determined look.



“I wasn’t joking the night when I found out about what you have done. I meant it when I said that it was impossible to even remain as friends. Every time I look at you now, all I can think about was how you made use of the trust that I had in you and did all these despicable things. The only thing you did right was making me work in your company where I got to know Junhyung who convinced me that it was okay to be a little more selfish when it came to my own happiness.”



Just as Daniel opened his mouth to say something spiteful, Yoseob had snapped, shutting him up, “If you want to say how he is a relationship wrecker, let me tell you something definite. I’ve never cheated on you with him and when I realised my feelings for him, I gave you the basic amount of respect I thought you deserved by initiating a break up first. You have no one to blame but yourself. I hope the law keeps you locked up for as long as possible.”



With that, the smaller male strode out of the room, obviously about to burst into a huge bout of tears. Junhyung’s body was already directed to the exit of the room to run to his love but when he threw a supposedly final glance at Daniel, he couldn’t help but stare at the broken man that now was hunched over the bed, sobbing uncontrollably.



He threw a fleeting look at the opened door to his left before turning fully back at the man on his right. Maybe Yoseob could not bring himself to forgive Daniel, but Junhyung was sure that the smaller male’s tears were for the broken friendship and that even if the ten years weren’t what Yoseob had wanted, it still meant something to him. Therefore, he gave a sigh, praying that he would not regret what he was going to do next as he went to sit beside the broken man on the bed once again.



Awkwardly placing a hand on Daniel’s shoulder, he muttered, “I’ll love him in the ways you couldn’t. I’ll take care of him well so that you wouldn’t have to worry. I’ll make sure that he leads his life happily and in a carefree manner. I’ll see to that he smiles genuinely every single day for the rest of his life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter