Extra/extra

A (quite one-sided) battle for Chanwoo's (favorite leader spot) love

Beware boredom.

 

Things weren’t going as he expected them to, if anything, they were following the “worst case scenario” route.

Seungyoon was bored, and there was very little he hated more than boredom. The young leader was currently trying to find something to do on his phone, as he nonchalantly ignored three idiots and a busy maknae. The good part, he thought, was that he wasn’t the one dealing with cooking all the food that night. The bad part, he countered, was that it didn’t stop Mino from eating like there was no tomorrow.

Truthfully, he wasn’t feeling like going out that night, especially after being so close to finally finishing that one song he was sure President Hyunsuk would love. However, he couldn’t say no to Jinwoo’s cute, puppy pleading face so he ended up tagging along Mino to meet some of their dongsaengs. It had been a clear mistake, because if Mino was already uncontrollable with WINNER, he was even worse with iKON.

The tired boy sighed quietly, looking at his phone spiritlessly. He really should have stayed home. Yes, Jiwon and Hanbin were good friends of his and he missed hanging out with them, but they weren’t exactly the best people to have around when one was as exhausted as Seungyoon. Of course, there was the cute iKON maknae right beside him, however, because Seungyoon didn’t know him that well, things were awkward between them.

Just when the boy was starting to formulate some good excuses to go back to the dorm, pretend to sleep so Jinwoo wouldn’t scold him and then go back to the studio when everyone else was fast asleep, a message arrived.

Puzzled, the young leader didn’t waste a single second before opening it. He was starved for something to do. It was from Seungri-hyung.

 

how is my little dongsaeng doin? been a while since we last talked, seungyoonie~”

 

Seungyoon smiled fondly at the message, his fingers already sending a reply.

 

hyung, ur alive! im doing fine, composing n writing some songs, basic stuff

what bout u, hyung? r u busy?

 

dun worry! im all yours~ just resting before the next concert

 

it’s in osaka, right?! buy me a BIGBANG shirt, please~

 

it is! WOW, such an informed dongsaeng~

alright, ill buy you a shirt 2 cheer u up! who do u want?

 

taeyang-hyung, please!!!

 

y not me?!

(>д<)

hyung is hurt…

 

buy me yourself 2~ i wont mind!

 

r u tryin 2 extort me now, dongsaeng?

 

NEVER!

i ♥ hyung

 

As Seungyoon happily bickered with one of his favorite hyungs over boy band t-shirts, he kept on ignoring the other people in the room with him. It’s not as if they were talking to me, he thought to himself, agreeing with his own reasoning, so it doesn’t matter anyway.

The boy looked away from his phone for a single second, only enough for him the see Mino picking more meat than he could eat. Because it looked a little bit raw, the young leader presumed that his rapper just wanted to stuff his fat with whatever he could see. Next thing, Mino would be eating the chairs.

Seungyoon groaned internally as he saw the rapper grin childishly at the incredulous face Chanwoo was doing. He then turned to laugh at an obnoxious joke Jiwon had told as if he hadn’t eaten half of the meat on the grill.

So much for relaxing, huh, Jinwoo-hyung…

Before he could stress over his teammate’s eating habits, he turned to his phone again just in time to received three new messages from Seungri-hyung.

 

im not buyin you anything anymore!

if you dun want me in you shirts, then u wont have anyone else

()ノ彡┻━┻

 

y so mean, hyung?! my heart is big enough to love everyone in BIGBANG!

 

nope, dun care. u can only luv me.

where r u anyway?

 

Seungyoon laughed internally at his hyung’s childishness. He then told his hyung his pitiful situation and how he was dying from boredom before his Lord Savior came talk to him—the young leader was all about getting those shirts, it didn’t matter if he had to feed Seungri’s ego for that.

They texted each other a bit longer, but it wasn’t long enough. Just when Seungyoon was getting into their conversation, Seungri told him that Seunghyun-hyung was demanding his help. Seungyoon threw a cute tantrum but it was to no use.

 

dun be like that, dongsaeng~ ill be back for u~

y dun u try talkin 2 chanwoonie? he a good kid!

 

The young leader pondered his hyung’s advice. It would be good to get to know Chanwoo, he looked like a decent person and he was sure the young maknae had a lot to talk about his hyung’s behaviors.

 

n hanbins SO protective of him

its so funny 2 see him go nuts whenever someone is 2 close 2 chanu

(dun tell anyone i told ya this)

have fun~

 

Hanbin does…? Seungyoon asked himself diabolically. The young leader turned to a mad-looking Chanwoo who was currently destroying blindly the meat instead of simply cutting it.

The boy smirked, putting his best innocent face on. “You are tearing the meat apart, Chanwoo-ah,”

 

 

Beware the twin.

 

Aside from his leader, things were normal. They shot their two music videos and their season greetings some days ago, which was so much fun. He had met two of the most stunning dogs in the world on their “Dumb & Dumber” music video shoot—he wasn’t completely sure they were 100% dogs because he got distracted by Hanbin’s glares from the other side of the studio when he asked their trainer. Now, they were mainly focusing on their comeback stage at SBS Gayo Daejun. It was all cool.

There was another thing too, concerning another leader. The iKON maknae was texting Seungyoon a lot these days, which was every two days or so as said boy was busy with his group preparing for a comeback as well. Chanwoo wasn’t sure if he was allowed to do that—he was sure Hanbin would have a say or two about it—, but no one ever directly complained so his mind was clear.

“You’re really going to send him those pics?” Yunhyeong asked, looking over his shoulder and cocking an eyebrow. “You’re gonna spoil him all the way,”

Chanwoo bit his lip, munching the inside of his cheek in doubt. Seungyoon had asked for some pictures of their shoots for whatever reason. The boy wasn’t sure of what to do; it was either send him some pics and spoil the videos or just tell him to wait for the release of the videos and die from the backlash.

“Hm... Dunno. I just really want to show him the dogs,” the boy mumbled, pouting and sulking a little. Seungyoon would nag to no end if he didn’t send the pics.

Yunhyeong shrugged, apparently not caring that his teammate was going through a rough dilemma. “I thought he was a cat person, though? Wasn’t Seunghoon-hyung the one who had a dog?”

“But that doesn’t mean he can’t like dogs, right?” Chanwoo looked for any sort of validation in Yunhyeong’s eyes. He met none. “Right?

His hyung seemed like he just couldn’t care less. At least, he had the decency to vocalize a lazy “Whatever.”

Chanwoo sighed loudly, exasperated. He ruffled his hair, locking his phone in annoyance. Another problem was added to his dilemma: Hanbin. Seungyoon would surely pester him to death if he refused but Hanbin was a completely different problem, he would be so mad at him. The boy was certain that Hanbin would hiss about him being a bad maknae for sending anything related to work to someone who had nothing to do with it or something like that.

Yeah, the boy mused in dread, Seungyoon could wait some more before he thought it through.

He was about to rest his head on Yunhyeong’s shoulder when said one jumped from the couch. “Hyung, where are you going? Don’t leave me alone at a time like this!”

Yunhyeong rolled his eyes. “Why are you making a fuss about it? Just send it.”

Because,” The boy pushed his hyung to sit on the couch again, whispering while looking around carefully. “What if Hanbin-hyung gets mad at me?! He’s been acting strange these days,”

“Then don’t send it,”

Chanwoo rolled his eyes; his hyung was no use and no help.

He groaned, giving up on life.

“Fine, I’ll just send him!” He threw his arms in the air just to empathize how annoyed he was. “If anyone asks, I’m saying you made me do it.”

Earning a glare from Yunhyeong, Chanwoo smirked to himself. “You—”

“Thanks for the help, hyung,” The maknae smiled sweetly at him. “Now go do whatever it was you were going to do~”

Chanwoo kicked his hyung from the couch without much commotion, patting his affectionately afterward. He was just halfway through unlocking his phone when Yunhyeong jumped on him and made both of them fall from the couch, wrestling on the floor.

“Are you crazy?!” The maknae screamed, surprised.

“Don’t you dare,” The older one hissed, struggling to hold Chanwoo on place. “Don’t send those pics. Hanbin is totally killing me if he finds out!”

“Well, not my problem, right?”

“You little—”

Chanwoo was this close to unlocking his phone and sending the message, but, of course, someone had to in. That time, it was the last person he wanted to see.

“What’s happening here?” the leader’s icy tone made them stand up right away. Yunhyeong glared at Chanwoo as the younger made the most innocent face he could put out.

The maknae was going to stay silent, the less he said, the better. However, with Hanbin looking more and more pissed by the second and Yunhyeong not willing to help him out, he had to say something before things went even more downhill.

“You see, hyung,” he started, not daring to look at the leader. “We were just talking about sending some pics to… huh, someone and—”

“Who?” both he and Yunhyeong cringed at the cold tone their leader used.

Chanwoo tried to fade in himself as he mumbled a weekly “Seungyoon-hyung…”

Nothing else was said before Hanbin harshly took Chanwoo’s phone out of his hands and angrily texted something.

There was a silence as their leader threw the phone back to its owner and stormed off. Both boys could breathe again as the minutes went by and Hanbin didn’t show signs of coming back.

Chanwoo dreaded what his leader had done on his phone, already thinking of the infinite possibilities. However, nothing could prepare the poor boy to what he saw.

 

Mind your own business

 

Because Yunhyeong was a , he laughed his off as he exited the living room. Poor Chanwoo was left alone, utterly confused and astonished, trying to apologize to Seungyoon.

 

 

Beware emancipations.

 

Saying things were a little turbulent in the dorm was the ultimate lie. Jinhwan wasn’t having anyone’s that day, as he made sure to torment every single little soul on that apartment for murdering his patience. Everyone was kind of hiding in their own rooms, hardly breathing, waiting for their small hyung to calm down.

Jinhwan was out for blood.

Hanbin had barely escaped from his hyung’s wrath because, right after he got out of the bathroom, he locked himself in his shared room and refused to let anyone in, even though Jiwon sounded desperate enough. There, he put on some appropriate clothes, gathering all the courage he had to go after Chanwoo and apologize—and doing that while possibly having to deal with Seungyoon too.

Now, the leader had to make sure not to make a sound, he was steps away from the front door and couldn’t afford to mess up. He needed to go out unnoticed.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Well, Hanbin stopped on his tiptoes, it seemed like that plan didn’t work. The moody leader turned to face his cute little hyung, a sweet smile displayed on his lips. He needed to think of something fast.

Jinhwan scowled at him rather dangerously. Hanbin knew he had to bail as soon as possible.

“Settle things with maknae,” he replied rather shortly and innocently, flashing a cute smile afterward.

However, the older boy wasn’t buying his act, he knew. “Right now?”

 “I’m just doing what you told me to do~” Hanbin smiled again, this time, more dumbly and aloofly. He poked Jinhwan’s side, trying to cheer his murderous hyung but failing spectacularly.

Jinhwan clinched his teeth, grabbing Hanbin’s finger and crushing it easily. “Don’t you dare to leave me alone with your group.”

The leader winced in pain, what a strong hold for such a fairy-sized person. He kept his smile on anyway. If all his years with that hyung taught him anything, it was that dealing with him, whenever he was acting like that, was just like trying to calm down a furious, mad dog; you had to be careful, they smelled fear.

Hanbin grabbed Jinhwan’s hand and forcefully freed his already numb fingers. He patted his back cutely, moving quickly closer to the front door and unlocking it.

“Have fun while I’m out, hyung,” He cheered, over exaggerating his expressions. “Don’t kill anyone—we have a comeback in a few days~”

Come back here, Kim Hanbin!” the older boy ordered lowly, a murderous aura surrounding here. “You won’t get out of this house until you control your group.”

Hanbin really wanted to argue that, technically, his left foot was already out of the house and, therefore, he too was. However, he knew better than that.

“Don’t worry, hyung,” he tried to assure his troubled friend, smiling at him. “I’ll come back in a flash! You won’t even see it,”

“Aish. Do whatever you want, I don’t even care anymore!” Jinhwan threw his arms up in the air, exasperated. Hanbin would make sure to make it up for his hyung somewhere in the future. “I refuse to work with you people any longer. I’m solo now.” Then he gave the leader one last look before he nonchalantly banged the door right in his face, locking his outside. “You won’t see me here when you come back,” he screamed for the whole dorm to hear, “I’ll be recording my debut single with Teddy-hyung!”

Now, one door away from his mad hyung, Hanbin allowed himself to chuckle rather loudly.

“Whatever you say~” he screamed back, walking away just in case Jinhwan wanted to come back and punch him.

YAH!” was all that the leader heard before he got out of the building.

 

 

Beware maknaes.

 

Chanwoo was excited. The boy was practically jumping around, barely containing himself. There was a big smile was displayed on his cute lips. Life was good again, he thought, and he would finally have time to himself.

He was on their way to HIGHGRND’s building, alongside his leader, to deliver whatever Hanbin wanted to deliver. Okay, he wasn’t exactly excited because he was doing something an e-mail or a mail carrier would do, but because he would finally see Hayi again!

It seemed quite surprising that he would be friends with the soulful singer, but it was true. Jiwon had introduced him to Hayi and Suhyun while he was promoting “I’m Different” with them and they clicked immediately. They liked to call themselves “YG’s maknaes royalty” because, well, it was the truth—Seungri, after discovering that, was too a part of it.

“Stop walking like a Disney princess, Chanwoo-ah,” his leader warned him, possibly rolling his eyes behind his sunglasses. “People are staring,”

“But, hyung~” he whined back, pouting and all. “I really want to see Hayi! What if she’s recording when we get there?!”

Hanbin snorted. “Just contain yourself until we get there. It’s not hard.”

Chanwoo grimaced at his leader’s tone. He ignored Hanbin’s words, choosing to focus on the building that finally came into view. Why couldn’t Tablo-hyung get a nearer building?

Hanbin sent him a glare that he fully disregarded as they got past security. Chanwoo was bouncing on the elevator, just like a child waiting for his Christmas present. His leader was scolding him for that, but he didn’t care. All he could think about was Hayi, about telling her about his photo shoots, about how Junhoe couldn’t be more up his own and much, much more. If only Suhyun were there too…

“Come in,” he heard Tablo say.

The boy didn’t waste time as he barged into the room with a big smile on. He bowed to his hyung and to the other producer in the recording room. Hayi was already recording, sadly. He pouted as his eyes focused on her sing her song passionately.

The boy wasn’t sure if he could throw the cuteness overload card on his leader so he could let him stay until she finished, but he would sure try when he had the chance.

As he shifted his focus from Hayi for a single instant, the boy watched his leader curiously. Hanbin was stealing not so subtle glances at the girl singing in front of him, nonchalantly taking advantage of the fact the Tablo and the producer had their eyes on Hayi all the time.

Chanwoo cocked his head in contemplation, he could be slow when it came to love, but he was sure that he knew what it was he saw it. He giggled inside as he watched his leader look at his friend; it was some time of longing and desire that the boy couldn’t completely describe. He knew those two had a thing during Mix & Match, even though Hayi was quick to deny anything. Now, though, he was sure that something indeed happened. However, how Hanbin had kept that hidden from everyone so well was beyond him.

“This calls for intervention!” he mumbled to himself, amused at the whole thing.

If anything, he told himself, Hayi just had to agree on going on a single date with his leader. Then, things would slowly come to plane and Chanwoo’s life would become easier. His leader would be more cheerful off camera and he would finally stop whining about his inexistent love life!

Already planning on what to do, the boy texted the only three other people who could help him.

Oh, yeah, the boy thought, patting himself on the back for being such a genius, this was going to be good.

 


Just as I promised, here are the extras from “A (quite one-sided) battle for Chanwoo’s (favorite leader spot) love”! What did we learn today? Never trust YGs maknaes. Seungri is the cause of all this mess Chanwoo got into; now Chanwoo himself is probably going to cause even more of a mess trying to get Hanbin and Hayi together. Well, I guess this is a YG thing. In addition, never mess with an angry Jinhwan, he is not forgiving!

I'd like to apologize because this took much longer than I expected to post this and I’m truly sorry about that. If any of you follow my other fanfic, “A simple step to jingle bell rock”, you know that my PC broke down and I lost lots of ideas I had for other stories. Fortunately, I had some saved on OneDrive and I could recover some of the damage. I’ll work hard to meet my deadlines in my next fanfics!

Okay, so I know some of you wanted Chaerin and the “Jinhwan incident” on these extras, but I just couldn’t write anything good enough so I just gave up and wrote the last extra about Hayi instead. Now, I know it may seem out of nowhere that Chanwoo knows Hayi is best friends with her and that Hanbin kind of has a crush on her, but I really just wanted to write something to celebrate Hayi’s comeback (March 9th, don’t forget!)!

In addition, I just want to let you guys know that I won’t be writing any sequels to this story, mainly because I didn’t plan anything and I have tons of Chanwoo and Lee Hi fanfics to write.

Thank you for reading this and commenting, subscribing and upvoting! I know I say this every time, but you all rock (jingle bell rock)!

This is officially the closing chapter of “A (quite one-sided) battle for Chanwoo’s (favorite leader spot) love.” It was a fun ride and I hope you guys liked it as much as I did!

Thank you once again and have Lee Hi’s title teasers!

 


I’ve been rewriting some of my other fanfics, so if you any of you have time please do check them out! Here’s the list:

 

One-shots

Cho Kyuhyun × Henry Lau — Darling

Cho Kyuhyun × Zhou Mi — Any last words?

Choi Minki (Ren) × Henry Lau — Lullaby, goodnight

Kim Jongdae × Kim Minseok — Late night text

 

Chaptered

Goo Junhoe × Jung Chanwoo — A simple step to jingle bell rock [(Ongoing)]