[OT6] Hot Cocoa

'Tis the Season

🎁❄★ PROMPT: Hot Cocoa ★❄🎁

★★★

It was common knowledge in their group that Jaehwan made the most atrocious hot cocoa ever known to man. It wasn't that he was incapable of making it properly - it was just he had the tendency to start experimenting in how to make it 'better'. To be quite honest, his attempts were a hit and miss - sometimes he would manage to make something delicious, but most of the time it… wasn't.

(He once concocted something that made even the infamous iron-stomach Jung Taekwoon sick for a whole day - no one ever allowed Jaehwan near the kitchen for several weeks.)

So when he suddenly announced that he was going to make a “super special hot cocoa filled with love” for everyone, they all shared a panicked look - dread dawning on their features - especially when Jaehwan started to skip to the kitchen.

Immediately, as if perfectly choreographed like their performances, the rest of the group moved.

Hakyeon and Hongbin placed an arm each around Jaehwan’s shoulders, distracting him enough that he didn't notice Taekwoon and Wonshik rush past them to hide the ingredients they had in the kitchen.

“Jaehwannie, you're tired, let's make hot cocoa next time.” Hakyeon spoke, starting to stir the younger back to the couch.

But Jaehwan protested and tried to get out of the two’s hold. “No I'm not! I can handle it!”

“We don't have enough ingredients.” Hongbin tried to reason, tightening his grip around the main vocal's shoulder. “You made hot cocoa a few days ago, remember?”

Everyone suppressed a shiver at the reminder. There had been a lot of cocoa and too much cinnamon - and that was just the surface of it.

“I think I can manage with whatever we have. I can improvise!”

And that's when Sanghyuk, who was waiting behind the trio, finally decided to make his move. He strode forward, wrapped an arm around Jaehwan’s waist, and manhandled him back to the sofa - much to the relief and amusement of the other members.

“Yah! What are you doing! This is not how you treat your cutest and most favourite hyung!” Jaehwan complained, thrashing in the maknae’s hold. Sanghyuk was getting far too strong for his liking.

“Who says you're my favourite hyung?”

“I'm everyone’s favorite hyung!”

“Then, as my 'favorite' hyung, I'm making you stay on the couch to relax.” Was Sanghyuk’s only reply as he dropped Jaehwan on the sofa and kept him there with his arm still around the older’s waist. There was collective sigh of relief when the vocalist finally settled down.

Jaehwan huffed and gave all of them a look - his lips jutting out into an incredibly accurate puppy-dog pout as he crossed his arms indignantly. “I'm never making hot cocoa for you guys again.”

Everyone knew that was a lie though.


A/N: Jaehwan is precious I love him and it's cute when he does silly things. Also I'm kind of not sorry for the hinted HyuKen.