Analytical Cubism. 1907 - 1911

Cubsim (This is not a fanfic. This is for my college work).

The first phase of Cubism was known as Analytic Cubism and was develiped during the winter of 1901-1910 by Picasso and Braque. It lasted until the middle of 1912.

 


Analyrical Cubism was characterised by a fragmentory appearance of multiple viewpoints and overlapping planes. It was mainly a drawing or painting of a still life image in many angles but put together to make an image.
Colours were often muted, meaning that the artists tended to use browns and neutral colours only. Colours has nothing to do with reflecting on what was being painted.

Other artists such as Juan Gris later joined in on the Analytical Cubism movement.



Le guitariste
Pablo Picasso.

                                 
                                                                                                                                                                          Portraot of Picasso
                                                                                                                                                                            Juan Gris

Analytical paintings lack the foreground and background of depth. All of the shapes are on the same plane, there is nothing but shapes and space. The reason for this is to keep a minimal realism. More realistic paintings have more planes and shading. The idea is that there is not just one viewpoint, the space was done in a different perspective. Everything in the paintings from the figures, the background and the objects were given equal importance.