Final~

In Love With My Best Friend?

In Love With My Best Friend?

~Final~

 

 Ever since he could remember, him and Mingyu were together. Elementary, middle, and high school, they were together through it all. Hell, Wonwoo even saw Mingyu deal with his first heartbreak. Maybe that was when he started to realize his feelings for Mingyu. Because it definitely wasn't his smile and laugh that only ever appeared when Mingyu was around.

 

  “Mingyu, don't you have a lot of homework to catch up on?” Wonwoo asked the giant tree.

 

  “Yeah, but school is boring. Let's just go to the mall with our friends.” Mingyu said, giving Wonwoo puppy-dog eyes.

 

  “You look so dumb doing that Mingyu. You're eighteen now.” Wonwoo said, rolling his eyes.

 

  “Oh well. We are also seniors. When do you plan on getting a boyfriend?” Mingyu asked, glancing at Wonwoo as he tried to find a descent shirt to wear to the mall.

 

  “Because all the attractive men are straight.” Wonwoo said, rolling his eyes once more.

 

 Wonwoo had realized a while back that he was gay and despite a lot of their friends being gay as well, it took a lot of encouraging for Wonwoo to tell his best friend.

 

  “Not all of them. Your hot.” Mingyu said, finally pulling out a black shirt.

 

  “Is everything you own black?” Wonwoo asked, blinking at the compliment.

 

 Yes, the compliment greatly affected him, but by now he had learn to control his feelings towards the certain dark haired tree.

 

  “Yep. Same goes for you too. Everything you own is dark and depressing.” Mingyu said, taking his shirt off.

 

 Wonwoo gave up and walked towards the dresser in Mingyu's room and opened the one that was made especially for him since he tended to sleep over a lot.

 

  “Are you gonna get dressed?” Mingyu asked, watching the smaller but older male open the drawer.

 

  “No. You can go to the mall alone. I'm getting all dressy for a date.” Wonwoo said, staring at Mingyu with a 'did you seriously just ask me that' look.

 

 Turning back around to get dressed, Wonwoo missed the frown on Mingyu's face.

 

  “Are you serious about that date?” Mingyu asked, trying to make his face look normal, instead of the deep frown he had earlier.

 

  “No you idiot. I think our friends would kill me if I let you go to the mall alone and be stuck with a million couples.

 

  “Or I'd kill them for being gross in front of me. Come on, we can go on a date today.” Mingyu said, grabbing his hand and dragging him downstairs.

 

 Wonwoo blushed the entire way to the mall, glancing out the window so that Mingyu couldn't see it while the later drove.

 

  “Wow..there are a lot of people here today.” Wonwoo said, stepping out of the car.

 

  “It's a Saturday afternoon, what did you expect?” Mingyu asked, walking over to him and shutting the door.

 

  “Less people, obviously.” Wonwoo said with a straight face.

 

  “Someone is extra grumpy today. Come on, don't be so mad at me on our first date.” Mingyu said, smiling at the older male.

 

  “Shut up and let's find the others.” Wonwoo said, pushing Mingyu towards the mall entrance.

 

 It took them little time to find their group of friends, seeing as one of them had pixie pink hair.

 

  “Hey guys. Why is Wonwoo a tomato?” Minghao asked, looking between Mingyu and Wonwoo.

 

  “We are on a date.” Mingyu said, making some of their friends gasp in shock.

 

 It was well known that Wonwoo was gay and liked Mingyu, but the other was straighter than a stick.

 

  “For real?” Seungcheol asked, raising an eyebrow at Wonwoo

 

  “No. This is the only way he could get me to agree to come.” Wonwoo said, glaring at the others.

 

  “Sit down and i'll go get us food.” Mingyu said, looking over at a food kiosk that had a very nice looking female working.

 

  “Try hard not to get her number.” Wonwoo said, already hating the female.

 

  “No promises handsome.” Mingyu said, walking backwards before turning around and walking correctly.

 

  “That boy is an idiot.” Seungkwan said, watching the tree as he spoke to the worker.

 

  “I'm very sure he knows.” Wonwoo said, sitting next to Seungcheol.

 

  “How come you don't just tell him how you feel?” Jeonghan asked, leaning against the table.

 

  “Because he's straight. How will he take his best friend telling him that he likes him?” Wonwoo asked, leaning against the table before putting his head down.

 

  “Hey, you'll never know how he feels unless you try.” Seokmin said, putting his hand on Wonwoo's shoulder.

 

 Wonwoo stood up from the chair and looked at his friends before shaking his head.

 

  “There is no way that he likes me the same way.” he said, messing with his bangs a little.

 

  “Come on Won...Just tell him.” Jisoo said, pushing the shorter male towards Mingyu.

 

  “Yeah, maybe he'll feel the same.” Seungcheol said, mostly for moral support of the younger.

 

  “Or he can reject you and you'll forever be awkward around each other.” Jihoon mumbled, getting slapped on the arm by Soonyoung.

 

  “Shhh....You aren't helping Jihoon.” Soonyoung said, pointing at the mortified dark haired male.

 

  “No, he's probably right. I think the food is ready.” Wonwoo said, walking towards Mingyu.

 

  “Hey. I was just gonna bring it over when it was ready.” Mingyu said as Wonwoo got closer.

 

  “I was bored and they are all being lovey.” Wonwoo said, waving his hands like it was nothing.

 

  “Our food is ready anyways. Let's go babe.” Mingyu said, grabbing the food while Wonwoo grabbed the drinks.

 

  “What was that about?” Wonwoo asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

  “Nothing. That girl smells like way to much perfume.” Mingyu said, wiggling his nose.

 

  “I didn't smell anything though...” Wonwoo said, looking at the tall male.

 

  “Maybe because you were distracted by me.” Mingyu said, laughing when Wonwoo kicked him.

 

  “Hey, we are all gonna watch a movie. We'll text you which one and the time. Have fun eating.” Jisoo said, pulling Jeonghan with him.

 

  “Okay. We'll meet up with you later.” Mingyu said, sitting next to Wonwoo.

 

 The two were alone not long after and sat in silence while they ate.

 

   phone starts playing 'Mansae'

 

  “Is that the song we all recorded because Jihoon wrote it?” Mingyu asked, hearing the song go off.

 

  “Yep. They said we are all watching a movie called 'Star Wars', it starts in about ten minutes and they already got our tickets.” Wonwoo said before drinking his drink.

 

  “Okay. Want to head over there now?” Mingyu asked, noticing that Wonwoo had finished his food.

 

  “Are you gonna finish eating?” Wonwoo asked, glancing at the others food.

 

  “Nope. I'll just get distracted by your face again.” Mingyu said standing up.

 

  “Why do you keep doing that?” Wonwoo asked, looking at Mingyu confused.

 

  “Doing what?” the giant asked, dumping his food in the trash.

 

  “Complimenting me...being weird.” Wonwoo said, walking next to him and throwing his trash as well.

 

  “Because we are on a date and I can.” Mingyu said, grabbing Wonwoo's hand and pulling him towards the theater.

 

  “This isn't a real date though.” Wonwoo mumbled, following behind the tall male.

 

  “Is that what you think?” Mingyu asked, stopping in mid-step causing Wonwoo to hit his back.

 

  “Well it can't be a real one. We are just best friends and you are straight.” Wonwoo said, moving back after rubbing his nose.

 

  “I can assure you of one thing Wonwoo. No male or female is one hundred percent straight.” Mingyu said, grabbing Wonwoo's hand and smiling.

 

  “So what are you trying to tell me?” Wonwoo asked, glancing up at Mingyu.

 

 Mingyu bent down and pecked Wonwoo's nose.

 

  “You are the only guy I would ever go gay for.” Mingyu said, kissing Wonwoo on the lips lightly.

 

 Wonwoo freaked out and tried to push him away since they were in the middle of a public place, but Mingyu was taller and a lot stronger so he gave up and kissed back.

 

  “Why just now?” Wonwoo asked confused when Mingyu finally pulled away.

 

  “Someone accidentally may have told me that you like me.” Mingyu said, smiling at him.

 

  “Who?” Wonwoo asked, looking up at Mingyu, who was still too close to his face.

 

  “I'm not gonna say. I'd rather our friends stay alive, but just know that I like you back. I have for a long time Won.” Mingyu said, kissing him once more before pulling away completely and standing straight.

 

  “How come you never told me?” Wonwoo asked, being pulled into a slow walk.

 

  “How come you didn't tell me?” Mingyu asked back, making Wonwoo look up at him.

 

  “You already know the answer.” Wonwoo said, looking around them.

 

  “I do, but that doesn't answer the question.” Mingyu said, lightly bumping into Wonwoo.

 

  “Because you were the straightest guy i've ever known...I didn't want to ruin my friendship with you.” Wonwoo said, looking at the ground now.

 

  “You could never ruin our relationship, even if you told me you killed someone I'd stay by your side.” Mingyu said, making Wonwoo laugh.

 

  “What does this make us?” Wonwoo asked, finally looking up.

 

  “Well, this is our first date. So technically we are dating.” Mingyu said, making Wonwoo die a little on the inside. 

 

  “So...we are together?” Wonwoo asked, glancing at the taller male.

 

  “We've always been together.” Mingyu said, causing Wonwoo to whack his arm.

 

  “You know what I mean you giant.” Wonwoo said, moving closer to Mingyu.

 

  “Yes we are together...if you want to be.” Mingyu said, scratching the back of his neck.

 

  “Yes I do...I'd be happy to be your boyfriend and I better be your last too.” Wonwoo said, glaring at the ground.

 

  “I said you are the only one I'd go gay for, didn't I? I better be your last as well.” Mingyu said, grabbing a hold of Wonwoo's hand.

 

  “First and last.” Wonwoo said, smiling at Mingyu.

 

  “What did we miss?” Jisoo asked, watching the two walk closer to the theater.

 

  “Did you finally tell him Mingyu?” Jihoon asked, standing beside Soonyoung.

 

  “It was you that told him?” Wonwoo asked, raising an eyebrow at the small male.

 

  “You didn't tell him that part did you?” Jihoon asked, glancing at Mingyu, who shook his head.

 

  “What? What happened?” Soonyoung asked confused, especially when Jihoon hid behind him.

 

  “Thank you Jihoon. I won't hit you. It's your job to hit him remember?” Wonwoo said, making the pixie come out of hiding.

 

  “You're welcome...although I didn't tell him on purpose.” Jihoon said, smiling at Wonwoo.

 

  “I'm so confused...” Soonyoung whined, making Jihoon glance at him.

 

  “They are dating now you idiot. Out of everyone in this group, why did I choose you?” Jihoon asked, making Soonyoung whine some more.

 

  “What? Really?” Jisoo asked, looking at the two and then glancing at their hands.

 

 Jisoo cheered and everyone joined in slowly and hugged the new couple, while Soonyoung was still whining.

 

  “Soonyoung he was joking, can you stop whining so we can watch the movie?” Seungkwan said, in his usual diva voice.

 

  “You were joking?” Soonyoung asked, glancing at Jihoon, who rolled his eyes at his boyfriend.

 

  “Yes, you idiot. Now let's go watch the movie.” Jihoon said, grabbing Soonyoung's hand and pulling him towards the theater.

 

  “I fear for what Jihoon is gonna do when they are alone.” Jisoo said, watching Jihoon pull the taller male into the theater.

 

  “Ew...” Wonwoo said, shaking his head.

 

  “NOT LIKE THAT!” Jisoo yelled, making Wonwoo laugh.

 

  “I wasn't implying anything Jisoo.” Wonwoo said, making Jisoo glare at him.

 

  “Please lock him away.” Jisoo said, glancing at Mingyu.

 

  “Already planned on it anyways.” Mingyu said, shrugging before pulling Wonwoo towards the room where their movie was showing.

 

  “It's about time.” Jeonghan said, coming up beside Jisoo.

 

  “Now Wonwoo can stop being so depressed.” Minghao said, moving closer to Junhui.

 

  “Imagine how Mingyu's ex-girlfriend is gonna react.” Junhui said, making the members behind him laugh.

 

  “She had it coming.” Jisoo said shrugging as they entered the room.

 

  “Let's enjoy this movie. I can already tell i'm going to like it.” Dino said, partially ignoring the older members.

 

  “Come sit with us Chan.” Jeonghan said, motioning for Dino to sit with him and Jisoo.

 

  “Okay omma.” Dino said, walking to the two.

 

  “You think at seventeen he'd stop calling Jeonghan omma.” Seungcheol said, watching the youngest of their group.

 

  “I think that title is forever stuck with Jeonghan.” Junhui said, leaning back as the movie started.

 

  “At least the group is finally complete.” Vernon said, finally speaking up before he got shushed.

 

…....ahahaha poor Vernon, don't worry I still love you! Hope you guys liked this Meanie one-shot and a few other mentioned couples. Thank you to the people who subscribed before the story was even up. Let me know if I should make another story for a different couple and i'll work on it! Bye for now! <3