When You Hold Me

Better Not (소중한)

Word count: 521

 

It's amazing really how silence can mean so many things. How it can say so much more than words themselves at times. How a lingering touch can change the context and how a dry tear can make one's heart ache.

 

***

 

Krystal had never been a woman of many words. She choose not to speak if she could and hid herself behind her hair or behind her older sister. People seemed to scare her, at least when there was many of them. 

 

Sulli on the other hand was outgoing and kindhearted. Tomboyish but at the same time feminine. There was some sort of perfect balance. She liked people and she liked Krystal. 

 

***

 

Krystal's silence was not always the answer Sulli preferred but at certain times it had to do. She didn't want to pressure her friend. And she promised Jessica to take care of her baby sister. That's what gave Krystal her first nickname outside of the family: BabyJung. And Krystal couldn't help but giggle at the silly name. But she didn't protest, in fact she quite enjoyed it. 

Sulli liked to play around, pull Krystal's leg so to speak. And somehow Krystal got playful around Sulli too. 

 

***

 

Krystal was like a black wide-eyed kitten, her long black hair smooth and shiny. Sulli had once brought a plush toy that she claimed looked like Krystal. The entire Jung household had laughed so hard they had trouble breathing. While Krystal pouted resulting in her looking more alike the toy Sulli with.

Krystal in revenge had attacked Sulli with a water gun. They both ended up drenched to the bone smiling widly at each other. 

They knew this was only the beginning of a blossoming friendship.

 

***

 

People don't write guides for what to do when you fallen head over heels with your best friend. and even if they did it wouldn't help. Because Krystal was special. Some teachers wanted to diagnose the raven haired woman with autism. what kind of bullcrap is that even? Sulli wouldn't allow it. They where looking down on her friend for being shy and not so chat-friendly. 

 

***

 

Krystal would often sleep over at Sulli's place and when she didn't, Sulli slept over at her place. Spooning and hugging each other. Sulli knew Krystal felt safer. And it relieved her. The stress in school and the other students refused to leave Krystal alone.

 

***

 

Since Krystal never been one for words Sulli never made her use them more than necessary. The silence spoke for them instead. Their lingering eyes and fingers did the talking. 

Their prolonged hugs and skinship said it all. So they didn't have to. 

The girls exchanged smiles before connecting their lips in a kiss that the both had wanted for too long.

 

"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall
You say it best, when you say nothing at all"

 

Krystal said it best, when she said nothing at all.