CHAPTER 36 : REVENGE

Shadow Defender

 

AMBER POV

I managed to hack every vault, every doors, every accesses easily because of the upgraded gadgets provided by the police to my team. Just the three of us but the job was easy. I provided the access to the lift and I kept communicating with Jackson because he handled the blueprint of the building while Daesung, worked on hacking the system codes, encrypting several codes to make the hacking continue, basically, beating the firewalls security aet up by the company..

I was too busy staring on my laptop in the van, when I suddenly heard, the sound of the van door closing.

“Where the hell are you going ?! “ Jackson shouted to Daesung after her shocking actions.

“Jackson, I hand my job to you, I will go catch him” I said to Jackson.

“No! What are you guys doing?” Jackson replied with disagreement.

I didn’t have choice. I knew something was wrong with Daesung. He kept asking me about Mr. Lee’s office and all. I knew he has something planned in his head. If only I react faster.

I saw Daesung running up the stairs. He was sure energetic. He ran up without stopping. I was panting as hell. As we reached the 14th floor, he straight went to Mr. Lee’s office while in his hand, a gun. He blew a fire and the glass around Mr. Lee’s office shattered, then I saw Mr. Lee. He was running out from his room and headed to the rooftop. Daesung was too fast, I couldn’t grab him. I followed them to the rooftop. Then, I saw Daesung, pointing gun at Mr. Lee while the man was raising both his arms.

I shouted, “Daesung! Don’t do this! Stop”

Daesung is crazy. I can see his face. Filled with hatred. He didn’t stare at me at all. His eyes were fixed on Mr. Lee’s.

“Why did you kill my mother, jackass?!” He was one move from firing the man.

“You made me do it. You are not worth to me and you know too much. What a waste. I still remember your mom screamed, begging to spare her a dime.” Mr. Lee said with a grin. He was devilish. He was one way to being murdered, but has gut to make Daesung mad.

I went and tried to pull Daesung’s hand, but he pushed me away with one kick to my torso.

“Amber, do not stop me. I’m taking revenge for both of us. Don’t you want to know why he killed your mom and dad?!”

I started thinking. Killing Mr. Lee would end everything. Is this what I want all this time? To see him die? I was silenced. I did not know what to say.

“You evil bastard. You deserve to die!”  Daesung said. His hand was shaking terribly.

“Hey, Sky isn’t it? Finally meet you face to face. Your mom, was as talented as you are. Beautiful, smart, and wise. Too bad. If only she did not dig too far. She will still be with you.” Mr. Lee said then laughed.

I don’t know, the rage inside me, is making me mad too. As if there was a volcano waiting to erupt.

Without I realize, I said something I never expect. “Daesung, pull the trigger” I just asked Daesung to kill him.

I am not what I think I am