~Hyolay~

HyoExo Wonderland

 

 

Kryptonite

The day has come. It is again the first check up of Hyoyeon since she stopped her chemotherapy for a cleansing method which includes changing her diet for over a course of six months.

“Congratulations! The cancer in your vanished.”, Lay, the doctor said.

“Really? That’s a great news!”, Mrs. Kim said.

“It is a miracle. You’ve stopped your chemo and yet your efforts in dieting has succeeded.” , Lay continued.

Hyoyeon smiled. Nothing more matters especially now the cancer disappeared.

“Aren’t you happy Hyoyeon ssi? (Ms. Hyoeyon)”, Lay asked worriedly. He can see the smile but he notices the glint of sadness in her eyes.

“Ah.. Yes of course, I’m happy.”, Hyoyeon couldn’t tell. She couldn’t tell she will miss Lay. Yes, you’re right. She likes her doctor.

Mrs. Kim exactly knows why she is a bit sad.

“Mr. Lay, my daughter is sad because he won’t see you anymore…”, Mrs. Kim said. Hyoyeon was shocked that her mother busted her to her crush.

“Ah…Aha.”, Lay laughed awkwardly. He put his hand at the back of his head and he feels flattered to be her crush. He admits it, he also likes her. He realized it just now. She is pretty even though her hair is thin already and her skin is pale and has some bruises in it.

“Eomma!!!”, Hyoyeon complained to her mother as she tucked her face in her mother’s shouder.

“It’s alright darling. Right Mr. Lay?”, Mrs. Kim asked.

“Neh eommonie.”, Lay said while chuckling.

“But still… ugh eomma! Haha”, Hyoyeon said, confused whether she will cry or laugh.

“Gokjjungma (Don’t worry); you can always visit me and the other patients here. Maybe you can inspire them in fighting against cancer. You’re a strong woman, I know. And it makes me admire you.”, Lay said sincerely, looking at the very eyes of Hyoyeon. He smiled.

‘Wow. His dimples make him look more handsome. And what? He admires me too? Maybe not in the way I think it is…’, Hyoyeon thought.

“Hear that Hyoyeonnie? See.”, Mrs. Kim stood Hyoyeon and she said it proudly.

“Arraseo. You said that already, no more turning back. Okay?”, Hyoyeon said. She smiled widely now and Lay did the same.

“Okay.”, Lay assured Hyoyeon.

The days passed. Hyoyeon would oftentimes go to the hospital just to see Lay and just chat about everything. Her wit makes Lay fall in love with her. And his manly figure and concern for his patients make Hyoyeon fall in love with him.

Hyoyeon’s father died when she was thirteen because of heart failure and she can’t help but see the manliness of her father in him.

“Here’s tea.”, Lay offered and places it on the table.

They are sitting face to face at the café in the hospital.

“Thank you.”, Hyoyeon said as she put her hair at one side. She is wearing a blue flow-y dress that makes her look girly than ever and Lay noticed it. It is because Hyoyeon usually wears jeans and jacket over a shirt.

“ I like your dress. It suits you well. You look so beautiful.”, Lay complimented.

Hyoyeon was flattered to hear that. She quickly covered her face because she can feel the heat in her cheeks and for sure she’s blushing already.

“Uhh. No!! No!!”, Hyoyeon evades Lay’s hands which are keeping her hand off her face. Lay is trying to uncover her face.

“Let me see your beautiful face Hyoyeon ah.”, Lay said seriously. Well,he is serious in telling that plus he’s very sincere and it makes it hard for Hyoyeon to endure. Whenever Lay looks lovingly at her like that, she can feel the butterflies in her stomach and makes her kilig.

“I’m not! Omo ottoke (what to do) . I’m shy.”, Hyoyeon said still covering her face.

Lay successfully removed her hands off her face and holds her hands.

“You are beautiful Hyoyeon ah.”, Lay said once again, looking at her lovingly.

Hyoyeon can’t contain her feeling anymore. She blushed hard and she just stared at Lay too.

“Well…even if my hair is thin?”, Hyoeyon asked, pointing her flaws.

“Of course.”, Lay said, still holding her hands and caressing it.

“Even if I’m pale ?”

“Of course.”

“And with bruises?”

“Of course.”

Hyoyeon cried out of happiness. She found love. He found love. They love each other. They realized it just now after six months of constant meeting which only Lay would consider as dates. The other one is innocent about it.

Lay smiled and keeps on telling her she is beautiful. He wiped off her tears.

Hyoyeon smiled widely. This gave Lay’s heart a tick. He can feel his racing heartbeat.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”, Lay asked.

“Of course!”, Hyoyeon stands up and so is Lay. They hugged each other.

 

 

*** *** ***

 

 

After two months of happiness, devastating news appeared.

“I’m sorry but the cancer reappeared.”, Lay, who’s crying, said.

“What?!”, Mrs. Kim can’t accept the fact.

Hyoyeon fainted at their home and so the cancer was rediscovered when she was brought to the hospital.

After a week, her hair started to vanish one by one. Only few hairs were left and she considers herself bald.

“Go away! Go away from me!”, Hyoyeon yelled at Lay. She doesn’t want Lay to see her like that.

Lay quitted as her doctor because he is her kryptonite. Her weakness. He can’t endure seeing her like that.

Next morning….

“I came here not as your doctor, but as your boyfriend.”, Lay said as he sat beside Hyoyeon’s bed.

“Not anymore.”, Hyoyeon said sternly.

“No, I still am and you can’t break me like this.”, Lay broke out. He cried very hard in front of Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon felt guilty and cried hard too.

“I love you Hyoyeon. I love you so much. “, Lay hugged Hyoyeon who’s not responding to his hug.

“I love you too, Lay.”, Hyoyeoon said. She can’t take it anymore. She loves him too and she can’t lose him especially now. She also hugged him.

“I will be your superman. You are my kryptonite. So take care of yourself okay?”, Lay said still crying.

“Okay.”, Hyoeyon said while crying.

“We will fight this battle together.”, Lay said.