Friendzoned (SunKookie)

Sonamoo and BTS

Friendzoned

Description: Newsun and Jungkook are close friends in a High School AU. Jungkook has a girlfriend while Newsun is crushing on him, but is currently friendzoned. What will become of them?


❤️❤️❤️


Newsun twirled the ends of her ebony hair as she stared into the mirror. She remembered the time when her hair was much longer- like his ideal type. If only she didn't cut her hair, but it was too late. The ends barely reached her shoulders, framing her lovely face, and yet, she wasn't the one that he fell for. Was there something wrong with her? What did she have that Newsun didn't? 

ringringring~!

"Yes?" Newsun answered her phone.

"Yoonsunnie-yah!"

"Ah, Jungkookie, what's up?" Newsun smiled at the sound of his voice as she pulled a cap over her head.

"We haven't spoken in a while. What's going on?"

"Just... stuff, I've been practicing a lot, but that's really it. What about you?"

"Well, I've been practicing a lot too and my girlfriend and I have been hanging out a lot."

"Is that so..." Newsun's smile faltered. 

"Yeah and- ah, sorry, I have to go. I promised her that I would walk to school with her. See you there."

"Right, see you there." 

The call ended and the ebony haired girl sighed. They hadn't spoken to each other once spring break had started and after he had gotten a girlfriend. That was the first time they had spoken for a while, but it was cut too short. Newsun slung her backpack over her shoulders a lot harder than usual at the thought of his new girlfriend. Ever since she had transferred here, it hasn't been the same.


❤️❤️❤️


"Hey, what did you get for the fourth question?" 

"I'm not telling you." Newsun laughed at Jungkook's poor attempts at sneaking a peek at her paper.

"Come on, please?" 

"No way!"

"Just this once? I-"

Suddenly, he stopped speaking as if he were in a daze.

"Jungkook-ah?" Newsun worriedly looked at him. All of a sudden, Jungkook got up and rushed to open the door, as if he were looking for something- or someone. She stood from her seat and walked up to him, following his gaze. The hall was empty, so what could he have possibly saw?

"Ah, it's nothing. Uh, looks like your paper is wide open!" Jungkook quickly made his way back to their seats to take a peek at her paper.

"Huh? Hey, wait!"


❤️❤️❤️


Newsun got out of the dorm and walked down the sidewalk to school, recalling what had happened. After that, she remembered he had tried hard to earn her attention and devised a plan to confess to her.


❤️❤️❤️


He hadn't been speaking to her very often lately and she knew the reason why. The new girl caught all of his attention and she was all he could think and talk about. He would always promise that they would hang out together "later", but "later" never came.

"We're going to the arcade after school, right?" Newsun grinned towards her best friend as they made their way to homeroom.

"Ah, sorry. something came up. Maybe some other time." Jungkook apologized.

"What came up?" She asked curiously.

"Well, you see..." He leaned in closer, causing her to blush a little, and whispered. "I'm planning to confess to the new girl, Sohyun."

She froze, her world crashing down.

He formed an elaborate plan along with his hyungs just for her. Newsun strained a smile, wishing him good luck. It wasn't long before she barely ever saw him anymore afterwards.


❤️❤️❤️


Newsun sighed heavily. She dragged her feet against the sidewalk, unwilling to attend class today. Suddenly, she heard laughter from a few feet above her. Lifting her gaze from the ground, Newsun stiffened at the sight before her. From under the rim of  her cap, she saw a very familiar young man holding hands with a young woman around her age.

"Kookie, you promised~!" The girl, Sohyun, whined, playfully punching her boyfriend's arm. 

"Alright, alright..." Jungkook chuckled in response, swinging their hands back and forth.

Newsun's grip on the straps of her backpack tightened, so hard that her knuckles were as white as fresh snow. Her heart contracted painfully in her chest and for a moment, she was unable to breathe. She had never seen them together before, but it was clear that she was completely friendzoned. 


❤️❤️❤️


Jungkook decided that he was going to devote all his time to Newsun today. It's their anniversary of being best friends today and he hasn't been a good best friend as of late.

"Yoonsun-ah." He called out, phone pressed against his ear.

"...ah, Jungkook-ah..." Her sleepy murmur made him inwardly laugh. She must've stayed up too long playing games again, although, he did the same. Stifling a yawn, he began speaking.

"Remember what today is?"

"...today...? Oh! Today... is the day we became best friends!" Newsun excitedly replied, now fully awake.

"Yep," Jungkook grinned at her enthusiasm. "I was wondering if you want to celebrate it differently this year."

"Differently? So, no staying up all night playing co-op?"

"Nope!"

It was their tradition every year to stay up all night at either one's house and play video games together. They've been doing this ever since they were... what, thirteen? The two of them were eighteen now, so maybe change was for the better. Although, it was a bit weird, dismissing what they did for four years straight.

"Well, what do you have in mind?" Newsun inquired curiously.

"Let's go to the beach after school, just you and me!" He suggested.

"Just you and me?"

"Of course, it's our day today, right?" 

From the other line, Newsun smiled brightly.

"Alright, I'm in."


❤️❤️❤️


Jungkook was definitely in a good mood today. He hummed one of his favorite songs as he waited for Newsun to arrive so they could walk to school together. 

"Sorry, I'm a bit late." 

"Don't worry about it." He assured with a wide grin. "Let's go." His smile brightened as she gave him one of her own.

It was familiar, the sound of their footsteps together as they fall into a nostalgic rhythm. It's been long since they walked to school together, Jungkook thought, and he definitely missed it. He gave a side glance towards his best friend who grinned happily, looking ahead. It's also been long since he'd seen such a happy smile on her face- he missed that too. Overall, Jungkook smiled, he really missed his best friend. Newsun turned her head towards him, catching his look.

"What is it?" She asked him, tilting her head to the side curiously.

"Nothing, just..." He shook his head as a fond smile graced his lips.

"Come on, tell me." Newsun nudged him with her elbow. He playfully nudged her back, still not answering. "Please? I'm your best friend." She placed herself in front of him, halting their walk to school.

"It'll sound weird." Jungkook dismissed and tried to walk around her, but she simply moved in front of him again with a look that screamed 'tell me!'

"Okay, okay. I missed you."

Newsun smiled ever so widely. In fact, that was the largest he had ever seen her smile. She replied happily before turning around-

"I missed you too."

And Jungkook swore he felt himself burn up at her earnest words.


❤️❤️❤️


The two of them laughed at their inside jokes as they made their way to the classroom. 

"Haha! Hey, remember that one time-"

"Kookie, we're going to the park after school today, right?" Sohyun, Jungkook's girlfriend, bounced up from her seat and made her way in front of the two.

"Ah, sorry. Today's mine and Yoonsun's best friend anniversary and I planned to spend the entire day with her." Jungkook flashed an apologetic smile and reached up to ruffle his girlfriend's hair. "Maybe next time, Sohyun-ah." The young man turned to his companion, nudging her with his elbow. "Let's go."

"Y-Yeah." Newsun nodded with a smile, following her best friend to their seats. She couldn't help but glance at Sohyun as she passed, noticing the dark look that shadowed the girl's face. Shuddering a little, Newsun quickly made her way into her seat before anything else could occur...


❤️❤️❤️


TO BE CONTINUED


Author's Note

Okay, this is more of a sample of how these oneshots are set up. If you want a Part 2, then I don't mind continuing it at a later time- just comment if you want. So, this is kind of like a way to relieve my writer's block that I have at the moment until I can go back to my other fics. In the meantime, I hope to see some requests because the more SonaBTS shippers the merrier! (NOTE: I do favor some ships more than others, which is probably extremely obvious *cough*SunKookie*cough*, but I'll try hard for other pairings! Also, I don't own these images haha.)

Also, here's how the request form would look for this (as an example)...

Requested By: ItonamiKanmi

Pairing and Featured Characters: Jungkook & Newsun (SunKookie!)+ Sohyun (OC!Jungkook'sGF)

Genre: HighSchoolAU, Romance, Friendship, Drama

Title of Oneshot: Friendzoned

Description: Newsun and Jungkook are close friends in a High School AU. Jungkook has a girlfriend while Newsun is crushing on him, but is currently friendzoned. What will become of them? (Although it should be a bit more detailed about how it should end, unless you want me to decide the ending.)