final

A Stranger

Mingyu had just walked out of a convenient store with two grocery bags in his hand when he saw a couple argue about something. He wanted to leave them at first because it was obviously not his business, but he was so pity on the girl so he paid attention on them without they knew it. Gradually he knew that the boy asked the girl to break up, but she did not want it. At the end, the boy left the girl crying on the ground after giving one last kiss on her forehead. Fortunately, there were only a few people around the girls that were passing by and most of them did not really pay attention on her.

Mingyu’s heart got ache to see the girl crying without he knew it why. Then he decided to approach the girl, just to make him sure that she was okay, even though he knew that she was obviously not okay at all.

 

***

 

“Are you all-right?” asked Mingyu as he squatted down next to Solbin.

Solbin stopped crying for a while after she heard someone’s voice. She lifted up her face and looked up at the person. Instead of answering the question, she cried again even louder than before.

Mingyu, who did not expect the situation, started to get panic. “H-hey, d-don’t cry, okay?” he stuttered as he caressed Solbin’s shoulder clumsily. “It’s all-right… it’ll be all-right…”

“What are you doing here?” Solbin asked between her cry, cutting Mingyu’s words.

Mingyu frowned confusedly at Solbin. He did not get what she meant with her question. “Huh?” he responded with a blank face.

“You can just pass me by like the other people,” said Solbin as she sobbed. “Why are you stopping at me and even asked me?”

Mingyu gulped in nervous because he himself did not know why. He eyed their surrounding and his eyes stopped at the bench not to far from their place. “Umm… let’s sit there,” he said as he pointed at the bench. “I’ll answer your questions after that.”

Solbin did not answer it, but she got up and followed Mingyu behind. Both of them already sat on the bench. Solbin still sobbed and Mingyu still did not know what he would say to the girl.

Mingyu remembered that he bought a pack of tissue from the convenient store. He took it out of one of the grocery bags and then gave it to Solbin. “So, erm… I saw you fight with your boyfriend…”

“He’s no longer my boyfriend anymore,” cut Solbin with hoarse tone as she wiped ther tears on her cheeks and eyes with the tissue she received from Mingyu.

“Okay. Let’s call him your ex then.”

“Are we officially breaking up?” Solbin asked as she looked at Mingyu with her sad face and then her eyes started to get teary again. “I’m still in love with him.”

Before Solbin could cry again, Mingyu hurriedly said, “Let’s just call him by his name, okay? What’s it?”

“It’s Jun,” replied Solbin as she looked down at her hands. “Lee Jun Young.”

“Okay. Jun,” Mingyu paused for a while to look at Solbin carefully. This girl is indeed so pretty even when she’s being blue like this, he thought. What was on his mind when he broke her up? Second later, Mingyu threw that thoughts away and started to focus on what he would say to the girl. “I’m sorry, but I heard what you and Jun talked about,” he started. “After he left you, I decided to walk to you because I pitied on you, but that’s not really the reason because I still don’t know why I came to you. Maybe I just wanted to calm you down a bit too.” He sounded hesitated with what he had said and it seemed like he talked to himself more than to Solbin.

“Why?” asked Solbin without turning her face to Mingyu. “You don’t have to feel that way to me. I’m just a stranger to you and so are you.”

“I know right,” Mingyu said as he rubbed his nape and grinned sheepishly. “Maybe because I don’t like to see a girl cries too?”

Solbin chuckled a bit then turned her face to Mingyu. “You sound good.”

Mingyu chuckled too. “But I’m not that good,” he admitted. “That Jun is a bad person, huh?”

“He’s not,” Solbin replied after she shook her head.

Mingyu frowned. “Yah! You’ve just been dumped by him and you still defend him?!”

“I’m a fool, I know that,” Solbin let out a shaky chuckle. “I’m so blinded with my love towards him, I guess.”

“I hope you won’t be like that forever,” said Mingyu. “Don’t cry for someone that doesn’t even love you anymore. It just wastes your time.”

Solbin sighed heavily to hear those words. “I know,” she said weakly. “But I can’t help myself. I’m just too in love with him.” She looked down at her hands again.

“Then you should find a new one,” said Mingyu bluntly.

“That’s not easy, you silly!” Solbin chuckled. “I’m not that kind of person. I need some times to heal my broken heart and to find a new one,” she said. “And I don’t know if I could love someone again like I did to Jun.” She sighed heavily again.

“Yah! Don’t be like that!” said Mingyu. “There are a lot of good and handsome guys out there. Just pick one and your problem is over! You’re pretty too. It’s easy to attract…”

“Good and handsome guy you said,” cut Solbin as she looked at Mingyu. She smiled wider at him then she continued said, “Like you?”

Mingyu’s eyes widened. He did not expect to hear that question. “Huh?” he responded with a blank face, but then he nodded timidly and cracked a smile. “Yeah. Like me,” he said. Without his knowledge, his cheeks started to get pinkish because of the embarrassment. Yeah, he liked the girl a bit and he could not help himself not to flirt at her.

Solbin laughed pretty loud. She felt relief after having conversation with Mingyu even though they just met at the time. “It’s nice to meet you,… erm… what’s your name?”

“Mingyu. Kim Mingyu,” replied Mingyu as he smiled at Solbin. He was happy to see the girl no longer sad anymore.

“Nice to meet you, Mingyu-ssi! I feel so much better now,” Solbin said with a wide smile that plastered on her face. Her eyes made a crescent shape when she smiled and it looked so lovely.

“That’s good!” said Mingyu. “Don’t be sad again, okay? You look prettier when you smile,” he grinned.

Solbin just chuckled to hear Mingyu’s last sentence. Accidentally, she glanced at her wirstwatch and then her eyed widened in surprise. “Oh! I have to go home now,” she said as she got up from the bench. “I should help my roommate to prepare dinner. We’ll have a guest tonight.”

“Oh. Okay,” said Mingyu as he got up from the bench as well. He felt disappointed a bit to be separated with Solbin. “Do you need me to walk you home?” he hoped she would say yes, but Solbin shook his head and it made him sigh heavily.

“No, thanks. I can go home by myself,” Solbin said. “Oh! That’s my bus,” she exclaimed once her eyes caught a bus stopped at the bus shelter not too far from their place. “Bye!” Solbin rushed to the bus after waving her hand at Mingyu.

Mingyu just smiled and waved his hand at Solbin until the girl got on the bus. He sighed heavily again. “I hope we could meet again someday…” Then he realized one thing that he regretted it so much. “Argh, why didn’t I ask her name?!” he tugged his hair once in frustration. After he calmed himself down, he left his place and walked to home with the grocery bags in his hands.

 

***

It’s hanging? Because it’s just the beginning of Mingyu x Solbin’s love story lol xD

So, what do you think about the story? Do you like it?

Feel free to comment~ subscribe and a vote will be so much loved :3

Thanks for reading! And keep on supporting Laboum and Seventeen, and also U-KISS kekeke…