Sick Day (Jin)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

"Agh," you coughed as you turned over in bed, your eyes still squeezed shut. Had you even gotten any sleep? You weren't sure.

Spluttering and trying to get comfortable, your drowziness lingering, your blocked up nose and stuffy chest made even thinking straight impossible.

When had you caught the flu?

You groaned as you finally surrendered, squirming in the thick blanket and opening your eyes, squinting against the bright light that peeked through the curtains. You turned to the bed side table, making a grab for your phone checking the time with blurry vision.

It was past midday, but that's not what caught your eye.

3 missed calls, 2 unread messages.

Your eyes widened.

"Seokjin!" you wheezed as you realised you had completely forgotten about the date you had lined up with your boyfriend today. You turned over again, making an attempt to swing your legs out of bed, but they suddenly felt very heavy. Your head began to spin as you strained anyway, and you froze with a groan of defeat as it failed to pass.

Cursing under your breath, you unlocked your phone as you weakly burrowed back into the blanket, selecting his number. You attempted to clear your throat so you could at least sound somewhat human, as your boyfriend was indeed a worrier.

"Jagi? Where are you?" he answered on the first ring, reflecting just this, his voice a mixture of impatience and worry.

"Oppa," you called weakly. "Mianhae. I'm in my room."

"What's wrong?" Worry won out as soon as he heard your voice and you instantly failed to clear it.

"Nothing?" you tried to claim, but you sounded nasally, even to yourself.

"Are you ill? You sound-"

"Like a man," you finished for him, groaning. "I know. Listen, I'm so sorry for making you wait, I just woke up with a flu."

"Your sick? Fever? Temperature"

"Just a cold, oppa," you waved off his worried words - he had a habit of being overly anxious when it came to any form of illness for you. Once he had even made you go to A&E over a sprained ankle.

Still, the memory brought a smile to your face over his care and you eyed your outfit hanging on your wardrobe, prepicked for todays date. You really had wanted to see him.

"I can still come-"

"Don't be silly, you sound awful."

"Thanks," you sniffled only a tad sarcastic. "Are you sure? We've been planning it."

"Aniyo, stay in bed," his voice took on an authoritative tone as you bit your lip. "You have to get better as soon as possible, arrasso?"

"But you waited," your guilt resurfaced.

"We can reschedule, don't worry. Stay put jagiya."

You sighed in defeat, though admittedly you felt somewhat relieved that you didn't have to try and lug yourself up.

"Okay... mianhae," you whispered as he protested again, your eyes fluttering close as you said goodbye.

You tossed your phone aside as you hung up, turning over again as you sniffed, cursing the cold that had caused you to miss your boyfriend, hoping you could catch up on your sleep since apparently you couldn't do much else.

* * * *

You woke up, though you weren't quite sure why, an hour later, somehow feeling worse than before. Your stomach growled as you became conscious, tucking your head under the covers away from the bright light. You hadn't eaten in over 12 hours, nor had you brushed your teeth or showered, and frankly depite your sickness, you knew you had to. On the other hand, your body didn't seem to care, refusing to obey you as you tried to motivate yourself to stand.

Agh, how am I even gonna do anything?

As on cue, a soft knock on your bedroom door interrupted your self pitying session.

Wait... what?

"Jagiya?" the door opened.

You blinked. Once. Twice.

"Are you awake?" a concerned whisper and the falling of footsteps had your brow creasing.

"... Seokjin?" you asked, trying to put it all together as you pulled the blanket out of your eyes. It took a second for your eyes to readjust, but sure enough, you registered the familiar broad-shouldered figure of your boyfriend.

"Good morning princess," his worried tone wasn't well hidden as he stepped into your room.

You squinted against the light as your confused eyes followed him around the room. He drew the curtains fully, instantly relieving your sore eyes.

"Komawo," you coughed, blinking up at him as he walked back, and you finally registered the facts. "Wait, what are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"Nice way to greet your boyfriend," he joked, holding up your spare key. "Why wouldn't I be here? My poor jagiya is cooped up in bed alone."

"Omo, how did you find that?"

He gave you a look, and you quickly backtracked. Of course he would know where you hid it, he'd accompanied you home many times and you were prone to losing your own key.

"Mianhae..." you kneaded your forehead, giving a small smile as you tried to see off the daze. "I just mean you surprised me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter