CHAPTER VII

ANSWER ME 2016

“Finally!” Jimin shouts as he saw a man walks in.

Everyone looks at the door where the man walks in. That man wears red suit and is holding a blue umbrella.

Jungkook sits on the chair right in front of Taehyung. He stares at the older for seconds before smiling at him “Hyung,it’s been awhile.”

Taehyung smiles back “Yes. It’s been awhile.”

“I watched your movies and I love them. Your acting skill is great as expected.”

“Thanks.” Taehyung takes a sip of the coffee

“You aren’t gonna compliment my album?”

A question from the younger makes Taehyung choke his coffee

Hoseok pats Taehyung’s back “Jungkook-ah,why can’t you stop being narcistic?”

Jimin laughs seeing the scene “He never turns on the tv nor his phone. He didn’t even know Hoseok hyung became a solo artists under JYP.”

Jungkook who was taken a back for a minute,finally found his voice again “Whoa. Hyung,how could you do that? I couldn’t stay away from my phone even just for an hour.”

Taehyung rubs his neck “I don’t know. It became a habit.”

Jimin just realized that he put them into awkward situation when Jungkook stared at Taehyung for minutes. When he was about to break the silence,Jin did it first.

“Jungkook,I heard you’re dating IU. Is it true?”

Jimin mentally wants to hit his hyung,but then he remembers that the other have no idea about thing that happened between Jungkook and Taehyung

“Ya! C’mon,tell us. Who do you think we are? Is any of us working as journalist? Do you think Jin hyung would spread a gossip while doing his eating show? C’mon,jungkookie.” Hoseok attacks the maknae when he seemed hesitate

Jungkook rubs his neck awkwardly and looks down “Yes.”

“Aigoo. Look at how cute our maknae is. He didn’t change at all.” Jin pinches Jungkook’s cheek only to get hit by the maknae

“Hyung,stop it. You are no longer my mom.”

Everyone’s laughing out loud except Jimin and Taehyung. They two give a small smile.

Three hours have passed and they are the only people left in the cafe. Jin is the first one to stand up

“I guess we need to go home now.  I’d go to Jejudo the day after tomorrow.” Jin sighs “We used to say let’s go back to our dorm.”

Hoseok stands up “Hyung,don’t be dramatic. I don’t wanna cry in here. Let’s go home. It’s already midnight.”

“Namjoon-ah,why are you still sitting? C’mon! I need your umbrella.”

“Okay.” Namjoon gets up “Taehyung-ah,you really have to turn on your phone and contact us,okay? We may won’t meet each other for more than a year because of our schedules.”

Taehyung nods “Okay,hyung.”

They are sharing a silence for more than a minute before Jin breaks it “Ahh..I wanna go home now. I don’t wanna cry. Until we meet again,my sons.” Jin waves at them and walks out of the cafe followed by Namjoon and Hoseok

Taehyung stands up “I need to go back to my hotel,too. I’ll go to Singapore tomorrow.”

Jungkook looks at the older “Hyung,you don’t bring an umbrella?”

“That’s okay. The hotel wasn’t far from here. I’ll go now. Jimin-ah-“

Before Taehyung could finish his line,Jimin stands up and hugs him tightly “I’ll miss you so bad,friend. Don’t be a rascal and call me at least once a week.”

Taehyung laughs,trying to hold the tears “I got it. I’ll try to listen to your albums tomorrow. And you-“ Taehyung looks at Jungkook who’s been staring at them while smiling “I’ll try to listen to your albums too.”

Jungkook stands up “Hyung,thanks for protected me in the past. Thanks for everything.”

Taehyung smiles “Thanks for being crazy with hyung in the past. I’ll go now. Until we meet again.” Taehyung waves at them and walks out of the cafe

“Hyung,you aren’t leaving?” Jungkook asks as he saw Jimin has been sitting on his chair again

“I’ll go home later. You go first. Be careful.”

Jungkook was about to say something,but he ends up taking a deep breath “Jiminnie hyung,I’ll go now. Until we meet again.” Jungkook waves at Jimin and leaves as well.

================

Taehyung sits on the bench where no one passes by. Apgujeong is drizzled but it doesn’t bother him at all. He pulls out a paper inside the pocket of his blue suit. The letter that he’s been carrying with him for 4 years. The unsent letter

Jungkook-ah,how’s life? Hyung knew you may still mad at me. But,can we meet again?

It’s been a year since we had a fight,right? It’s also been a year since hyung realized how stupid I was. I know regretting won’t change anything. But that’s the only thing that came into my mind everytime I am remembering you. Everytime I remember things that You did and said. It was so obvious that you love me. But,this stupid hyung just couldn’t understand them. I thought I was a man,so I had to love a girl,not a man.

But since the day after you left us,I finally understood that the fast heartbeat whenever you stared at me and smiled wasn’t wrong at all. I finally understand it all.

So,Jungkookie,would you like to meet hyung again? Would you like to give me a chance? I knew you were so hurt. But would you let me heal the pain?

Daegu,December 6th,2018

Your hyung.

A single teardrop falls with the raindrops,making the paper become wet.

If I could recall the past,I would do the things that I should do. I would hug him a bit longer and ask him to stay. I would gather the courage to say it out loud that I don’t wanna lose him. I would run into him and ask him not to leave instead of locking myself in the room like a loser

If I could recall the past,I would tell myself that the one that I love was him,not that girl

If I had the chance,I would do it all.

2016,Can you hear me?

=================

Jimin’s sitting alone in the cafe. The sky is still drizzled

“Youngjae hyung,please give me one americano.”

A minute later,the americano’s been on the table. Jimin moves the cup 10 inches away from him.

“Hyung,we just met each other again after 6 years. I was so happy seeing them again. Taehyung finally came here after escaping from us for 6 years. Everyone is so happy.” Jimin leans on the wall “Hyung,I knew you were here,but..I really wish I could see you just for a minute. I really want to see your smile just for once.”

Jimin wipes his tears “But I knew wish is just a wish. It wouldn’t come true. Hyung,I want to tell you that I’ll leave Apgujeong tomorrow and move to Busan. I would try to forget you and the memories that we had. I’ll try to do it no matter how hard it is because that’s what you told me to. I’ll try to stop wishing that the person who played the piano whenever I was dancing were you. i’ll try to do it.”

Jimin gets up from his seat “I’ll leave now. Enjoy your americano,hyung. I am sorry if I make you can’t rest in peace. I’ll forget you,hyung. I’ll let you go. Now,rest well,okay? See you in next life.”

Jimin quickly pays the bill and walks out of the cafe meanwhile Youngjae stares at him with a smile on his face “Yoongi-ah,he finally could let you go after 6 years. I could tell it’s so hard for him. But he did it for you. Now you can rest in peace.”

Jimin walks in the empty street under an umbrella. Tears are still rolling down his cheeks. He still remembers when Yoongi told him to never hold back the tears. So,under the umbrella,the 27 years old man crying out his feelings in silence.

If I could recall the past,I would tell him how much I appreciate the affections that he gave to me.

If I could recall the past,I would tell him that I love him,not as my hyung,but as someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with

If I could recall the past,I would be there with him when the world seemed so blue for him.

If I could recall the past,I would kiss away the pain that he shouldn’t feel.

2016,Can you hear me?