jimin

shopping encounter

One of the bad points about living alone, is that you have to do your own shopping. Something that Jimin really dislikes because: one, he has to spend money; two, he has to walk a good distance just to get to a small supermarket; and three, he's lazy. And those times are when Jimin bemoans the fact that he didn't take up Jin's offer of staying with him.

"Urgh, it's so cold today."

Jimin grumbles as he wraps a scarf around his neck, stepping out into the evening air and shoves his hands deep into his pockets because even if it's late autumn and cold wind is blowing, Jimin is lazy to put on more clothing than the ones he has on.

He figures he'll get back home early enough to avoid the chilly night.

--

'H-hey."

Jimin whirls around, only to face a complete stranger. He turns around to see if there's someone else around him but sees no one. It's only when he turns back to see the tall stranger still staring at him that Jimin realises that guy is actually speaking to him.

"Um, hi?"

He replies uncertainly, shy and flustered because why would this stranger suddenly come up to talk to him. Did he drop something? 

"Well, can I, um, can you hold my hand and pretend to be my boyfriend? Like, um, my ex just walked in with someone else and we had a bad break-up, and I want to show that I'm doing good, even better now and you're really cute so please?"

And Jimin just watches as the guy rambles on, feeling sympathy welling up inside of him as he hears his plight. He's desperately trying to ignore the fact that the guy just called him 'cute', trying to focus on the issue at hand.

But damn this guy is gorgeous, with a head of fluffy hair that Jimin really, really wants to ruffle, a pair of warm wide eyes that just screams for someone to care for him, and oh gosh, his voice, so smooth and velvety, so much so that it makes Jimin's inner self swoon.

"Please?"

Jimin hears the slight pout and hope in the boy's voice and he can't help but feel bad for him. 

"Okay, but I have to do my shopping so you'll have to follow me, is that alright?"

And the guy nods his head, obviously relieved and elated? Why would he be elated? The thought runs through Jimin's mind, before it's drawn to the mop of hair fluffing up and down as he nods his head and Jimin's so, so close to reaching out his hand to thread his fingers in those brown locks. 

But no. 

Because now his free hand is occupied by a larger, warmer hand that so completely envelopes his smaller hand.

Jimin's pretty sure the flush on his face is visible, and stretching down to his neck because he can feel it burning. But he swallows deeply, and trys to act normal. So, he pulls at the hand lightly, muttering a soft "come on", before dragging the guy down the aisle to get what he needs.

But Jimin freezes up a little when the guy changes the way they're holding hands, this time intertwining their fingers, and when Jimin looks up with a confused and a is-it-necessary look, the guy just grins, showing a brillant set of teeth, and holds up their hands, pointing to it with his own free hand.

"It's more convincing this way!"

And Jimin has to turn away before that grin of his blinds his eyes. He also turns away to hide that upward quirk of his lips.

So they walk around the store a bit like this, holding hands, and Jimin never thinks to ask for his name because, well, it's not like Jimin will ever see him again. They chat lightly as Jimin goes around to pick out what he needs, with the guy helping Jimin reach for something that's placed a little too high. 

"I'm not short, you're just tall!"

Jimin huffs when he once again receives help from the other in reaching a bag of potato chips right at the top shelf. And the guy just snorts, which makes Jimin really offended, kinda, not really. 

And so he pouts, turning away from that tease when something hits him.

Jimin widens his eyes and jerks his hand, which has always been in the other's, away from the guy's hold, startling him into silence. And when he looks to see what's wrong, Jimin just stares at him with realisation dawning in his eyes and Jimin knows.

Jimin doesn't really know what to feel, exasperated? Flattered? Angry? Happy? Honestly, Jimin feels a little cheated, yet at the same time, in awe because that was about the best pick-up line he had ever experienced.

For from the start, there was no couple in sight. Jimin was alone in the shop, save for an elderly and a trio of teenage girls when the guy approached him.

"Oh my gosh."

"..."

"Oh my gosh!"

Jimin's hands come flying to his face, shock still whirling his mind that he didn't even react when the guy reaches out a tentative hand, seeming to want to touch him, yet unable to do so.

"Um, I'm sorry?"

He mumbles weakly, embarrassement and disappointment evident in his expression, and Jimin now knows why he looked so happy when Jimin agreed to holding his hand.

"Pft. You... Wow."

He can't form a coherent sentence, but the least Jimin can do is to put the guy out of his misery.

"I'm not mad, you know. Just kinda shocked."

And the way the guy's face just lights up at his words is honestly the adorable thing Jimin has ever seen.

"I-I'm glad. It's just, you're really really cute and I really really want to get to know you better so I just, yea... I understand if you are not interested though! Really I-"

And he's cut off with a tinkling laugh from Jimin, because the guy looks so cute and flustered with the way he's waving his hands in front of him as he speaks.

"It's fine. So, what's your name?"

Jimin asks softly, cocking his head to one side and smiles sweetly. Truthfully, he doesn't mind hanging out more with this guy, he just needs to know his name.

"It's Taehyung!" 

The guy exclaims a little too excitedly, and when Jimin chuckles some more because at how cute he is, he adds embarrassedly, with a softer voice, "and you are?"

"Jimin. And I think you're really cute too."

Jimin holds out his hands, expecting Taehyung to hold his hands once again, but Taehyung only shakes his hand once and too soon that now familiar warmth is gone.

"What are you doing?"

Jimin laughs and this time, grabs Taehyung's larger hands and intertwines their fingers, meeting Taehyung's surprised gaze. Jimin could really get used to this warmth.

"You have to hold my hands and help me carry the groceries back!"

And oh gosh, the way Taehyung smiles, that may just be about one of Jimin's favourite things in the world. 

 

 


keke, it's done! i apologise if it's a little short...

please comment! i'd appreciate any thought from all of you, thanks for reading!

 

p.s. i may/may not write taehyung's pov