Miss You

Missing You

Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Any moment with the person you loved is the perfect moment.

 

September 2014

The ring is a square cut diamond, tethered by four platinum prongs that sweep into a smooth band, taking the little light in the room. It’s a beautiful ring. He ran a hand through his messy hair, as he continued to stare at the ring in front of him.

“Is that a photograph?”, the voice of his cousin asked from behind him. He jumped a little at the question, wondering how the man could sneak up on him so easily. “Luhan, why is there a picture of woman hanging in the living room?”, looking at him for the answer.

Luhan scratched the back of his head nervously, “It’s art, Junmyeon”. He looked at his cousin who just rolled his eyes. He looked at his cousin, who was a contrast to him; not only by their point of view but also in the clothes he wore. Junmyeon owned a magazine and was dressed professionally, dress pants, a tie, a nice dress shirt and Luhan wasn't sure that he had a matching blazer somewhere. Luhan on the other hand was a photographer and had a much more relaxed style, most time he had a camera around his neck, some fitted jeans, a casual shirt and his favorite red jacket.

“It’s ”, was Junmyeon response as he stared at the black and white photograph of a model with disgusting look. “You’re becoming more like Jongin everyday”, he then mumbled.

“I see nothing wrong with being like him”, Luhan grinned. “He’s a great photographer”, he pointed out.

“Of course, you don’t”, Junmyeon shook his head. “So is she another girlfriend or just a model this time?”.

“Just a model. I only have one girlfriend so don't talk me such as player ”, Luhan replied as he started walking toward the kitchen. “You don’t usually come around asking about my art unless you want something”. He said as he looked in the refrigerator for some food.

“I need a favor actually”, Junmyeon said. “You know I don’t know if I’d even call it a favor because I’d be paying you for doing it”, he then added.

“If you have a job for me just come out and say it”, Luhan said as he returned to his cousin. He’s never had his cousin take so long just to ask him to do a job; therefore it must be bad.

“Well.. uhmm, you know Victoria?”, Junmyeon asked cautiously.

“No”, Luhan said sternly, knowing where it was going. Victoria is Luhan’s ex girlfriend. The generous benefactor who paid off the debts of Victoria's life around the time she debuted was none other than Luhan himself, but he found out that his girlfriend has been cheating on him.

“I know you don’t like her”, Junmyeon said. “But this article is going to be huge, everybody is going to read it. She is what the people are interested in and the fact that she finally agreed to do an interview about her scandal. This is an exclusive”.

“Why me? Luhan asked. “Can’t you get someone else to do it?”, Luhan asked, dreading the idea of having to work with his ex girlfriend.

“Please", Junmyeon pleaded. "It her request actually".

Luhan was silent a moment, staring at his cousin. He then looked down and sighed. “Fine, I’ll do it”. He crossed his arms as he leaned against the refrigerator. “But I want you to know that I’m doing this for you not her”.

“As long as you give me, your best photographs, I don’t care”. Junmyeon grinned in response. “What I’m trying to say is, don’t do anything stupid and be professional, okey”, he said. “But talk about her scandal, do you ever…”.

“Do you think I’m what, huh..!!”, Luhan glared. “And please don’t ever talk about her in front my girlfriend, or I will change my mind now”, he warned him.

“Fine. But why you never tell Minseok about Victoria?”.

“She just my past, and Minseok is my future now. I'm going to ask her to marry me”, he smiled shyly

“Woaa.. You're what!”, Junmyeon exploded in questions. He couldn't believe that he just heard that Luhan, the guy who loves camera and didn't even a clue about faithful life was planning on asking his girlfriend to marry him. Before Luhan don't believe love after broke up with Victoria, his first love, but Minseok seems change everything. 

 

 

Luhan wandered nervously waiting for his girlfriend. He smiled as he thought of Minseok.

“Luhan!”, a familiar voice came into his ears. He looked up and saw her waving a hand to him as she approached.

“Hi baby”, he pulled her into his arms and greeted her with a kiss on her forehead. “I love you”. Minseok not answered just looked up at him, love shining in her eyes.

“Did you have trouble getting away? You looks so tired”, the sun was beginning to set but the air was still warm and a gentle breeze wafted around the couple as they conversed.

“No”, she laughed her eyes brighter. “So, Mr Luhan.. are you going to tell me where we’re going?”.

“It’s going to be a surprise”, the slight breeze worked a strand of hair loose from the side of Minseok’s head and Luhan naturally reach out and tuck her hair behind her ear. Her ponytails blowing wildly behind her in the wind.

She pouted playfully but replied, “Okay, have it your way”.

Luhan and Minseok were both more than joyful in that moment, they were so in love with each other, that they didn’t even have to say it outloud, they both knew it and felt it. Luhan held out his hand and led her into the house, at the front of the house was a small pond and lots of lavender flowers surrounding it with their scent filling up the air. The grass was cut very neatly and the whole house looked like from a fairytale. She was surprised to see a key in his hand.

Minseok looked around in amazement, they had walked into a large room. Luhan led her into the living room where he had set a bouquet of her favorite white tulips. “This house is beautifuly and so lovely. Where are we?”.

“Our house”.

“Our house? Wait..”, sudden her face change into serious

“Minseok. I...want to make you happy. I want build our little family. Will you...”, he held both her hands.

“I’m sorry Luhan. But the time isn’t right”, she shook her head, walked out from the house. Luhan chased after her, towards the street, grabbed her shoulder to make her stop.

“Not right? Explain to me”,

“Why does it have to be now? You have no idea what it took for me to get to where I’m at”, the words tore at Luhan’s heart. 

“Let’s just slow down. Everything will be okay. I’ll always be there for you. I love you. Marry me.”, reassure her. 

“You know, I’m going to do this ad. I’ve been dreamimg about this my whole life. I can’t lose my chance when I’m so close.”, she tried to explain, wanting him to understand that it wasn’t him she was rejecting but just the timing. Minseok loved Luhan too, she want to marry him but for carreer reason she couldn’t accept his proposal right now.

“Minseok..”, he paused.  He didn’t know what hurt worse. Being refused or seeing the obvious anguish his proposal had unleashed on the very person he cared so much. “You have been really distant lately, you changed a lot. So greedy and not care with me anymore. What happen with you?”.

“Why do you have to know about everything in my life?”, she snapped.

“Fine!”, Luhan yelled. “You want to be left alone then I’ll leave you alone”.

“No, that’s not what I mean..”, then tears started to spring from her eyes. Luhan quickly gave her a comforting hug. He was heartbroken but yet he knew in his heart can’t angry or hate her easily.

“It's okay. I will  be waiting for you. It’s already night, let’s go home..”, he softened his voice. 

Minseok waited on the edge. Luhan began to cross the street where he parked his car, when she saw a car speeding down the road with its headlights off. “Luhaaan!”, she shouted as she began to run towards him. A loud honking noise could be heard as the car attempted to veer and brake. Still, it crashed into Luhan’s body and she watched helplessly as Luhan’s rolled off the bonnet of the car that had just hit him.

“Nooo!!”, screamed at the top of her voice. Minseok scramble towards Luhan, she gasped at how much blood was coming from Luhan. “Someone please help me..!!”, she shouted to people who just stare at them with shocking face. She turned her attention. Minseok noticed that Luhan was still awake, although he was struggling to stay awake. He gurgled before he let out a painful cough, Minseok felt her heart drop when she saw Luhan cough out a fountain of blood.

Luhan began to close his eyes.

“Please, Luhan stay awake!”, Minseok shouted.

“…..”, the voice was a merest whisper, he was referring to his hand. A small box with beautiful ring inside. With the rest of his strength, Luhan had slipped the small ring onto her fourth finger perfectly, on her right hand. He want to says something but barely to speak, his hand try to reach Minseok’s face. The woman he loved deeply with all his heart, had always loved for as long as he could remember. A tear streaming down his cheek.

“I love you.. Please.. don’t leave me. You said you will be waiting for me”. She kissed and clutched at his limp hand.

He simply nodded and smiled weakly at her before closed his eyes and his body went limp. In the distance she heard the sirens of an ambulance. “Luhan!, wake up! Please wake up!”, she cried as she forcefully shook Luhan’s body but he didn’t move. The sirens sounded like they were getting closer.

“Luhan”, she choked. “Get up. The ambulance will be here soon”. She said through tears running down her face.

“Luhan”, she tried again, “Please”, staring at Luhan’s pale face.

Nothing

“Noo!! Luhaaan!!!”.

 

 

December 2015

She awoke in a puddle of sweat. Her white shirt was drenched, her hair stuck to her neck and forehead in clumps, and she was breathing fast and hard. She gasped for air and pushing the covers off her body, turning herself and sitting on the edge of the bed with her head in her hands. She felt tears in her eyes and she didn’t care to force them back. She let them roll down her face in silence. She was crying because she had no soul anymore.

And she would cry for Luhan every night like that. She could never really sleep more than a few hours a night because sometimes there was some stubborn part of her that believed her boyfriend was still alive. She would stay up late to look at the camera, their happy memories or watching their foolish videos on laptop. Sleeping pills didn’t work on her anymore, and she refused to go see a doctor for it. She looked so tired, pale and dark circles lacing her beautiful face. The sadness and depression slowly killing her. 

 

‘Luhan, I couldn’t have held out this long without you being here. It’s all my fault, I’m in pain. I’m worthless. I just want it all to be over. I don’t want you to be alone, more better if we’re together, this is how it’s supposed to be’, she reminded herself. Her body sinking into bathtub that fulled with water, her breathing becoming more and more labored. There was more time spent not breathing before her chest seemed to heave, trying to remember it was something she was supposed to be doing last year. She mentally told it to relax, to stop, that it was all over now.

 

Jongdae..! Jongdae..! Come quickly! Now!”, Kyungsoo yells from somewhere upstairs. Jongdae had been hanging out in the kitchen, he ran upstairs. He find Kyungsoo and Minseok in bathroom. Kyungsoo is hugging a soaking wet Minseok with a look of desperation and extreme fear on her face. Jongdae immediately understand what happened. Minseok tried to commit suicide.

"Minseok!", Jongdae yelled. “Does she have pulse? Is she breathing?”, he take Minseok from Kyungsoo and lay her down. "Kyungsoo, go get me some towels”, he try to remain calm. He check for a pulse. It’s faint, but it’s still there and start CPR. He keep filling her lungs with air and try to start her breathing again. Finally, he hear a small gasp. "Minseok? Are you all right? Can you breath right?”. She opened her eyes ever so slightly and moved her lips, although no sound came out. 

She remains unconscious but has started breathing on her own. Jongdae’s suit was already completely soaked as he held her dripping wet body in his arms and carried her into the bedroom. They both already changed into dry clothes.

“Will she be okay? She is so pale”, she asks hesitantly probably fearing a negative answer. 

“Her temperature is dropping", Jongdae said with concern, as he felt Minseok's forehead. He gently pulled the blanket over her chest to keep her warm. Minseok's small frame disappeared under the blanket, Her chest rising and falling with her slow breaths. He studied Minseok, she looked so helpless and weak. "She might not wake for a while. What happened before?”.

“I knocked her bedroom a couple times and she never answered. I tried it and it was unlocked. When I finally got in the room Minseok was sinking on the bathtub, I pulled her out and called you then you came”.

'Why you only think about yourself? Still blame Luhan death as your fault. If only it had been me instead. I would have done that for you, so you can life happily with him', Jongdae thought privately

 

Jongdae sat by her bedside, as she slept, just watching her sleep. Kyungsoo had gone down to the kitchen to cook some food for dinner. Slowly he take her hand, rubbing it gently between him. Minseok’s black hair splayed out against the bleached white of sheets and pillows. He had a flash of a time where he’d looked at her and thought a similar things. They’d been in the beach, she looked at him with smile on her face, and the sun had peeked just behind her and suddenly her hair was glowing like sunlight itself in a halo round her head. And he’d thought to himself that she looked like an angel, which was pretty. His beautiful childhood friend.

 

Minseok…

Do you miss him that badly?, Minseok sat up, her eyes looking around at her room but no one was around, except a peacefully sleeping Kyungsoo beside her wrapped up in a blanket. She took another deep breath, but felt her chest start to push down again. A soft breeze went through the room and she closed her eyes. She took a few small gasps air as he could. But it hurt to breath, so she slowed her gasps down, listening to the clock tick away. Then, the ticking slowed down, and she was fast asleep.

At first, it was a bright light flashing before her eyes, then she heard that voice again.

‘Minseok’

“Who are you?”,

‘I’ll take you back to when you met the person you miss the most?’, a mysterious voice said

“Luhan?”, her lips started to tremble. Oh, how she missed him so, even after a year. Not a day went by when Minseok didn’t think about her love, and some would suggest that it was her biggest weakness. “Then send me back to the moment before the car accident. Please I’m begging you. I want to save his life”. In flash, memories about car accident appears, a tears freely down.

The moment of your first meeting is the only moment that you can go back to. If you stop yourself from meeting him then I’m sure he could be saved. Because if your bond with him is severed both of your fates will change. You will have met the moment you lock eyes and fate will carry on. If you want to break your bond with him you must stop that first meeting from ever happening and return in the time you’re given. But that means you and Luhan will become complete strangers to each other. Once your bond is severed any memories of your love for Luhan will disappear from your memory’

“Can I just go back to living in the past?”

‘You only had 49 hours to spend with him…’

“I will do anything just to meet him again,”

‘But you must be careful. You’ll snap back to the present if you can’t prevent that moment. You’ll return if you even cross paths with your past self. You’ll only have so much time to prevent the meeting. You’ll die if you take too long. Do anything you want on your final day with him and come back to the present. Remember if you stay longer than I’ve allowed even if you do everything you wish to do, you will die. You must return as soon as the warning sound goes off’.

 

Minseok open her eyes, but she was in front of Luhan apartment’s door, staring at the golden numbers on the face of it. She enter the key numbers and the door unlocked, she effortlessly pushed it open and found herself staring into his living room. She turned around, wondering if someone was following her, but the hallway was empty. So she stepped right inside.

The door closed behind her, she looked around, she knew where she was and what time in her life he was forced to be in. Looking at the kitchen counter, she saw the cup of coffee. On the couch, there lay a red jacket that he kept everywhere he goes. Minseok looked down at her own clothing. She was wearing the suit that she wore before the car accident.

 

“Hei”,

Minseok froze. 'No', she tought. She did not want to have the voices in her life, she would not survive to hear that familiar voice again. This never happened in the dream. This was not going to happen. She looked up from the floor and into another room, pushing off the doorframe. She looked to the left and looked to the right, scanning every inch of the room, but it was empty.

“Hei”,

There it was again. But she couldn’t find the location of the voice. Why? Was God teasing her with this voice. Minseok turned away from the room and back to the living room. And when she turned, her whole body was relaxed, her jaw slacked. Minseok can feel her eyes widen, the heart beat in her chest hammering against her ribs. The tears were instantaneous, but she didn’t know what emotion to trust, what emotion to hold onto and take with her. She hoped this was no joke. She hoped this was not her eyes playing tricks on him. Minseok opened , whispering his name.

“Luhan”, standing there in his perfect charm was her beloved, his one love in life. Minseok looked Luhan up and down. He still had the darkened hair, still had those beautiful eyes Minseok loved, still wore the same outfit that like him usually, he was still Luhan, the man she fell in love with, the man with which she wanted to spend the rest of his life. When Minseok blinked, a few tears fell down her cheecks, and Luhan still stood there, with probably the same shocked expression Minseok had on her face. Minseok squeezed her eyes shut a few times, but when she kept her eyes open, she saw Luhan still there. “It’s you..”. she reached up to touch his face, which Luhan didn’t resist. She his cheek, making sure and proving to herself that this is real. Luhan looked at her, she sniffed as she wiped her tears away.

“Yes”, answered as furrowed his brow. Minseok couldn’t take it anymore. She had enough of that from the life she lived without Luhan around the last year of her life. She suddenly embraced him tightly, his shoulder served as a place for her head to rest on. Luhan being utterly surprised at her sudden gesture, totally confused.

As she wrapped her arms around Luhan, buried her face in the crook of his neck and started to cry. His skin was still as soft as ever. Luhan still smelled like the freshwater scent Minseok gave him for Christmas, it was his favorite. It was the first time that Minseok could hold him back. “Luhan.. you don’t know how much I waited for this moment.. Please don’t leave me again”, her voice cracked. She cried and cried because she was too happy, she was happy that he was back with her, could see him, alive.

“I've missed you..I have... missed you…very much. Why did you do it? Why did you leave me behind and go by yourself?  If what I did was wrong... you should've just scolded me instead”, Minseok choked the latter from too much crying. “But why did leave me behind all alone and go by yourself like that? Why? Why are you lying there in that cold place?”, she began to hiccup, Luhan didn’t say a word and let her cry to his arms. His brain think over slowly to what just happening.

“I'm sorry…”, muttered

“I'm so very sorry…”, she repeated, pain resonated from his words. “..for letting go of your hand”. 

Luhan pulled away slightly, just enough so he can gaze at her eyes, “Wait… Who are you?”.

Minseok firmly grasped his face in both of her hands, forcing him to look at her. He found himself falling into her beautiful deep eyes. “Luhan it's me..”, she said “Don't you recognize me?”, she asked desperately.

“No”, he helplessly shook his head, her hands dropped from his face and a slightly hurt expression swam in her eyes.

‘you and Luhan will become complete strangers to each other

 

Notes :

Hi friends, hiks.. I don't know why I keep wrote sad story like this..

Like usually, kindly forgive me for any grammar error and my lack of vocabulary

Drop your review please.. ^_^