Maria Victoria

'You-name-this-story-because-I-need-to-go-to-the-office-now'

Two weeks ago, I would’ve died of utter happiness.

South Korea is like the haven of all kpop fan girls, and fan boys, if I may add. I’ve waited for this opportunity for like, a lifetime already.

Until I got here, got robbed by a group of s, and is lost in the sea of foreigners with no money left to even rent a single bed.  The only thing left of me is my glasses, my ID with Minhyuk’s photo card at the back. And of course, the clothes that I’m wearing, which is, fortunately, the newly ones and the most expensive clothes that I actually brought here with me.

I went to sit at some cheap-looking stall and was thinking of begging this ‘ahjussi’ for some soju because all I want right now is to drown myself with wine over my miserable state. I pulled out Minhyuk’s photo card from my ID holder because he’s the only redeeming factor left of me and was surprised to see cash fall on the floor coming from in between the PC and my ID. Right, I slipped a few here just in case. 

“Minhyuk-aaaaaaaahhhh~~ Thank you for the money~~”

And so let the depression drinking begin.

One bottle.

Two.

Three.

On my fourth bottle, another guy grabbed it from me and served it for himself. I snickered but was feeling too tipsy to even argue. “Hey you, you depressed or something too?” I can feel my voice slurred and even I myself find it difficult to understand my words, perhaps much more to a complete foreigner.

“Not so. Why are you depressed?” Oh, he speaks English. Very well.

“Be-caaauuseee. Some bad guys took all my belongings. Those heads are going to pay if I see them around. I’m going to freaking smack their heads till they bleed to death.”

I heard him chuckle as if there’s something funny with my mishap. “You are one violent girl, aren’t you?”

“I AM the VIOLENT one?” I exerted extra emphasis on the words ‘I am’ and ‘violent’ just to remind him this whole unfortunate event started with the douchebags and not me.

“So you decided to spend your few remaining cash drinking soju?”

I huffed and puffed. “Why are you even reprimanding me?”

“I’m not reprimanding you.”

“Yes, you are, mister.

“What are you doing in Korea, by the way?”

This guy just won’t shut up.

And so is my mouth.

“I went to see Minhyuk! Minhyuk-oppa! But now I won’t see him anymore. I probably won’t be able to even go back home. I’ll just die here, out in the cold. How tragic is that?”

He chuckled again, much to my dismay. “So not only you’re violent, you’re also quite the pessimist.”

“Please stop judging me. Are you the one who got robbed here? Are you the one denied of seeing the man of your dreams? NO.”

“Well, for one, I don’t consider any man, a man of my dreams. That would be creepy.”

“Shut up. You’re not being helpful.  And you’re drinking my soju.”

“So this Minhyuk guy, is he your boyfriend? Were you in a long distance relationship with him? ‘Cause surely you’re not from here, aren’t you?” He prodded, continuously drinking from my bottle.

“I am in a long distance relationship with him,” I started and trailed off until he clapped his hands in front of me. “And then? Earth to Maria Victoria. Wow, you have a really long name," he suddenly commented upon eyeing my ID for quite some time.

“Yes, it’s long. I have had my fair share of difficulties during exam week because just writing my name eats up about 5 minutes of my time. But yes, I am in a freaking long distance relationship with Minhyuk. And he doesn’t even know.”

He laughed. I didn’t.

“What’s so funny, mister? Minhyuk might not know me personally but he knows us, generally speaking. I’m among those loyalists who prayed every day that they get their fair share of deserving awards.”

 He just drank another shot of soju. “What’s in it for you if they won or not?”

“Did you just ask me that horribly stupid question? Happiiiiiiineeeess, that’s what it is!! And  uhm, I’ll feel proud! Who cares! I love them and you are not to question that!”

And then I passed out.

I woke up with a massive headache on a place I won’t call home, but is homey enough, and on the bed of a complete stranger.

“Holy . What crap did I get myself into now?”

I slowly looked down on my clothes and sighed in relief that am still wearing the ones I wore yesterday. Or that I’m still wearing something for that matter.

I pulled myself up and cursed even more because my legs feel wobbly and my headache is worse than anything else. “Where the heck is my glasses?” I’m squinting my way around this really cute condominium positively assuming that something this comfortable looking can't be owned by potential rapists. 

Or any type of evil guy. 

I finally found my glasses on top of this cream-colored desk with lots of papers on the side and with a picture of me sleeping. 

A picture of what? My eyes literally went O.O

Why is there a polaroid picture of me sleeping? Me sleeping slash looking overly wasted? How can someone look so haggard while sleeping? 

I grabbed it and was eyeing the place of its trashcan when I got a hold of another picture. When I looked at it, I almost lost it.

 

There. On the picture is Minhyuk taking a freaking selfie, with the sleeping me who is freaking wasted on his freaking bed. I checked the back and was right when I wished there was something written on it. 

Hello, Maria Victoria.

You got so drunk and needed a place to sleep so I brought you here. Hope you don't mind. 

Thank you for the kind words. Didn't know you were capable of such genuine admiration hearing you curse and swear like it was a damn pronoun last night. Kkk~

Still like your name though. And the tenacity. Keep the passion burning. Lol.

Love, the man of your dreams

 

P.S.

Inside this desk is a VIP ticket to our concert tonight. 'cause you know, I'd feel equally bad if you won't get to see the man of your dreams perform live. ;)

 

I'm still on the midst of trying to process everything when I heard a  door opening. 

And out came this:

 

Bless your soul, Minhyuk.

And bless my soul too. Am I dead now?

Holy cow.

I am not.

And this is real.

I think I should confirm by touching those abs.

"Oh, if that's the case, fine, you may touch it," I heard him saying.

Fck. Did I just said those out loud?

"I'm sorry, that's a slip of the tongue," I excused and failed miserably. 

He laughed and the sound of it was all too familar. Crap, it was really him I'm drinking with last night. Remind me to drink moderately AND gracefully next time I'm in Korea. Who knows who I might bump myself into the next time I'm in here. Hehehe. No. 

"You still with me, Maria Victoria?"

"Huh? Ah, yes. I'm sorry I made a mess last night! Forgive me!!"

The way he says my name feels like it's a freaking part of a lyrics from their song. 

He patted my head and smiled. "Sure. I'd ask you to fix my bed though cause I need to go now and practice with my team."

"Uhm, yeah, it's okay, go ahead. Thank you for uhm everything," I managed to utter calmly.

Oooohhhhh. Aaaaaacckk. I'd even do your team's laundry, mygod!! I feel like I'm his wife. Is this feeling even legal? Hahahaha.

"No worries. See ya later, Maria Victoria!" Seconds, and he was out of the room already.

And so I started dancing merrily on top of his bed. If getting robbed will always lead to something this surreal, I won't mind getting robbed every day.