Best Friend

A Heart To Be Hurted

 

 

Bomi POV

 

Today is Sunday. I , being the lazy me just spending the whole morning by lying on my bed and watching some movies. I even rejected Eunji offer to go out.

 

“Ahhh…weekend is heaven..”

 

I mumble while stretching my body lazily after laying in the same position for 3 hours straight. I smile dreamily as I close my eyes  , sprawled out on bed in starfish shape. Thinking of …food. Yeah, that is my fav thing to do. How I wish I can eat budae jigae now.

Just in the moment I almost grab my imaginary beloved budae jigae, my phone suddenly ringing.

 

*ring ring

 

“AISHH!! Who is this??!” I grumble angrily as I pick my phone. Good time of calling, so good to ruined my daydream.

I answer the call without looking who’s the caller.

 

“Hellooo…?”

“Bo..bomii un-unnie!!” Krystal cracked voice enter my ear.

“Y-yeah??...wae?”

 

I feel something is not right.

 

“ Come h-here..Eunji unnie..s-she..th-they..gangster..”, she keep shuttering in fright.

 

My eyes goes wide open. Eunji??

 

“Wh-what happen?? Is she okay?? Where are you??” I said as I jump off from bed and change clothes immediately.

 

“H-home..they’re here again..unnie talk to them…I don’t know what to do..”

Krystal replied , making me more worried.

 

“O-okay..im coming….bye.”

 

I end the call then run out from my house.

 

There’s only one thing in my mind.

 

Eunji.

 

 

 

*******************

 

 

 

I arrived at Eunji house, panting heavily. From afar, I saw Eunji was talking to a few guys and Krystal hiding behind her.

 

“Hey..i already wait for 20 minutes. Just where the heck is your father right now??!”, one of the guy speak impatient. Maybe he’s the leader.

 

“I..i-I don’t know..” Eunji answer slowly.

 

“What?!! He borrowed money from me and not paying back. I want my money back.” He said while send a glare to Eunji.

“He’s not here. I think he go gamble somewhere.”

 

The guy let out a loud frustrated sigh.

“He’s not here?!! Then you must pay for your father.”

 

“But…we didn’t have money. How I can pay you?”

 

“I don’t care how!! Now give me the money!! Or I’ll burn your house.” The guy pointing his finger to Eunji and the house.

 

Eunji gasps at his words.

“N-no!!!! please!! Don’t do that!! I really didn’t have money. I..i’ll pay you when I got money. Please!!”

 

He scoff then open a container.

“ No. I can’t wait. I want it now!! “

 

“ Sir!! Please stop!! no!! “ Eunji tried to stop he from splashing petrol to her house by holding his hand.

He smirk then he push Eunji away. Krystal quickly go to Eunji, crying.

 

I can’t stand it anymore so I run toward the guy , punch him on the face.

 

“B-bomi?!! What are you doing here??” Eunji startled when she saw me.

 

The guy hold his face and glaring at me.

 

“What the hell!! Who are you?”

 

I ignore eunji question as I return his glare.

 

“ Stop it! She said she’ll pay ,right? Why you still want to burn her house??” I said.

 

The guy looked really pissed. “ What?! Tsk, hey you. Teach this intruder a lesson.” He order to other guys.

The other four guys come and start to beat me. I fight back but they’re too strong.

 

“ Bomi!!” I heard Eunji calling my name.

 

I clenching my teeth, covering my head as the gangster continue hit and kicking me.

 

My whole body aching so much. Blood starts to coloring the white floor. World feels like spinning , my sight slowly turn to black.

 

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

 

 

I open my eyes , squint, try adapting to bright light. I find I was I in an unfamiliar room. Is this ..heaven..? or hospital..?

 

‘Where am i?” my head hurt very much when I touch it.

 

The door surprisingly flew open and someone enter the room. I smile when I saw a sad Eunji , step in.

forming a bright smile that moment she saw at me.

 

“OMO!! Bomi-ah!! you’re awake?!!” she exclaimed, run to me.

 

“Yeah..” my voice cracked out.

 

“ You make me worry, you pabo gorilla! Why you did that??” Eunji smack my shoulder.

 

I wince and whine at her.

“ OUCH!! That’s hurt!! Im a patient, you know??”

 

She grin sheepishly. “Oh..i forgot. Sorry.”

 

I pout as she continue her words.

“ Im glad that you’re okay now. Please don’t do things that make you injured like that, okay?? Promise me!” Eunji crossed  her hands and glare at me.

 

“ I-i..promise.” I smile weakly and she smile back at me.

 

I bites my lower lips, knowing that I’ll break the promise…i’m sorry, eunji-ah. I swore to myself that I’ll never let anyone hurt eunji, as long as I still alive.

Eunji sit on a chair next to my bed.” So….how do you know they was coming?”

 

“ Krystal called me. So I came over.”

 

“What? That little brat….” She muttered in anger, maybe thinking to scold her younger sister when she got home. Yeah , that’s right. Krystal is her sister.

 She did not like when I involve in her problem, she didn’t want to burden anyone, even me, her best friend. Me ,of course always try to help but she refuse.

 

“Eunji-ah, it’s not her fault. I’m the one who told her to call me when something DANGEROUS like this happen.”I pressed my voice on the word dangerous ,cut her train of thought.

 

She puffed her cheeks and pursing lips at my stern words, can’t deny it.

“Hey, I can handle it by myself.…”

 

“Pffft , whatever. Yeah, of course you, the great Jung Eunji can handle it…. Alone….with gangsters……a female against men…...a girl handle guys…..” I said sarcastically.

 

“ Aish….araseo, araseo!! Now eat!”

Eunji shove kimbap into my mouth.

 

I munch the kimbap then I look at her, stop eating.

She frowns, “what??!”

“Wh-where..how-what-...who made this kimbap?? it’s so tasty!!” I take another kimbap and eat it hungrily.

 

She smiled “It’s me. Like it??”

“ Wahh…yess, I really lik-…no, I love it.”

 

I continue eating the food that Eunji brought for me. After I finished, Eunji prepare to go home. I can’t go home as I have to stay few days in hospital.

“I'll go home now. Take care of yourself.” She patted my head.

 

I replied jokingly, “ Yes, omma!!”

She giggle then suddenly she pull me into a tight hug.

 

“Bomi….thank you.”

 

I smile as I hugging back and whisper to her…

 

“That’s what friends for right? To always stay by your side…”

 

 

 

*******

 

 

 

My childhood was terrible. I have no friend and no one want to be friend with me. Everyone hated me. Because my father a murder. Then eunji came to my life….

 

Flashback 12 years ago….

 

 

Go away! We hate you! Daughter of murder!”

 

“You’re devil’s child! Don’t go near to us!”

 

“Please stay away! We don’t want to be friend with you!”

 

“You should die! Because your father kill people!”

 

That’s what they said to me…an innocent 7 years old girl. I got insulted everyday…starting the day police caught my father and put him in jail. He killed a woman. I don’t know how and why….i didn’t want to know.

 

I was in school, when all kids start throwing rubbish and stones at me. I ran to hide from them…..with tears running down my cheeks. I went to a park as nobody there. I cried while sitting on a bench.

I think..

Why they hate me?

 

I did not do anything wrong.

 

My father is a good person.

 

He will not kill people.

 

Police must be mistaken.

 

I keep crying and crying until I heard footsteps stopped in front of me.

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

 

I looked up and saw a girl....yes. A girl with the most beautiful eyes smile i've ever seen, looking at me.

 

 

 

 

*************

 

 

A/N

 

So it's here. first chapter.  :)

thank you for reading and subscribing.

sorry for any mistakes.

feel free to comment....

chorong in the next chapter

bye~ annyong^^

-exobeauty 151217