First Order

One latte (into your heart) please

 

 

Note: Fully beta'ed


 

 

 

 

Another day, another boring routine; now, don't get Chanyeol wrong, he loves his job as a barista in this quaint little café. But he's been so tired lately, always the same faces, same conversations, same creeper stalking after their bakery guy who was already taken up by the owner day after day.

 

Boring.

 

Though there was that time when a badass handsome guy with tanned skin and kohl rimmed eyes came in! Chanyeol was ready to turn up the charm and try to get lucky when he noticed said man had a platinum blonde with a bored face hanging off of him. Figures.

 

CLANG

 

"Here, Chanyeol, a fresh bash of cupcakes!" Kyungsoo dropping the plate of new freshly baked goods on the counter brought him out of his reverie.

 

"Oh, okay. Thanks, Kyungsoo." He gave the younger a slight smile while bringing the plate closer and checking which cupcakes needed to go where.

 

"Hey," Kyungsoo lightly touched his arm, "Are you okay? You seem out of it." Gently patting the shorter male's hand he assured him he was okay. "I'm just a bit tired, Soo. And before you start, yes I'm going to ask Junmyeon for some days off, don't worry."

 

"Good!" Chuckling at the satisfied gait of his friend, Chanyeol bent down and started putting the cupcakes in their respective places. He was concentrating so hard on the task that he didn't notice the steps of a customer coming close, nor the tapping said customer made on the counter.

 

"Hello? Excuse me?"

 

Gasping, Chanyeol sprung up, an apology dying on his lips as he took in the new stranger. Stranger? More like demigod. Was there something wrong with the air conditioning? It had gotten so hot in the usually cool café.

 

He stare transfixed as the stranger-- taller than him!-- brought up a big hand to take off his sunglasses and reveal a pair of deep searing eyes set below the most amazing eyebrows he had ever seen. He also noticed the stranger had his sides in a buzz cut while the top was full of hair, a beautiful light copper color. And his lips! They were full and glistening and -ohmygod they were pulling into the most amazing smile! Had Chanyeol save a village from a deadly fire to be blessed with such a presence because wow?

 

A deep chuckle traveled from the stranger’s mouth to his ears and Chanyeol felt like swooning. He tried to compose himself, and to not sound too dreamy or look coy. "Hi, welcome to our humble café, how may I help you?"

 

"Hi again, Chanyeol? Did I pronounce that right? Such a pretty name for a very pretty person." The stranger smirked and winked, and Chanyeol could swear there was a chorus of angels singing in the background.

 

Trying to control his wild beating heart he responded; "Yes, you pronounced it very right." he proceeded to give the stranger his best smile. Thank God he decided to go for a normal hairstyle today.

 

The stranger casually leaned on the counter and continued to smile at him "Well Chanyeol-- name's Kris, but you can call me Yifan-- and you can help me by getting me a green tea latte, your number and a date tomorrow night."

 

Chanyeol breathed out a silent 'oh'. Forget saving a village from a deadly fire, he saved an entire country in his past life. "Yes. To everything, and more." He didn't know where that last thing came from, but he wasn't going to regret it either, not when Yifan's face lit up at that. Slightly clearing up his throat, he immediately set to work. His hands shook a bit when he wrote ChanChan and his number on the cup; he also tried to breath normally, all the while feeling the heat of Yifan's gaze on his body.

 

Managing to compose himself, he finished and presented the latte with a flourish, "Here you go, Yifan-- One green tea latte, my number, and possibly, maybe my heart. That'll be 3 thousand won." Red burned into his cheeks when Yifan continued to look at him while getting his money out, this time his gaze more intense; it felt like fire. Running the risk of sounding delusional as he rang up the purchase, he thought Yifan looked like he just found the greatest treasure known to man.

 

His heart jumped to his throat when he felt Yifan's huge hands take his hands in his.

 

"You're a joy to watch, you know? And I'm sorry for being so forward, but you've stunned me and I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I didn't jumped at the chance."

 

Never in a million years Chanyeol would have dreamed up a scenario similar to this, but it was happening and it was very real. Chuckling, he felt himself relax and squeezed Yifan's hands; "Don't be. To be honest if you hadn't, I would've dredged up the courage to ask you out too."

 

"Good. Thank you for the great service, by the way. Now, here's my card. Call me when you get off work and we can get to know each other better and talk about our plans for our date tomorrow. That okay with you?"

 

Smiling widely, Chanyeol nodded and took the card without looking at it. "Sure thing. Enjoy your latte! Talk to you later, Yifan~" Once again he was graced with a deep chuckle from the man. He started to wave as he stared dreamily at Yifan exiting the café. What a hunk. As soon as Yifan disappeared into the street he collapsed onto the counter in a fit of giggles, clutching the card to his chest.

 

"HOLY HOLY HOLY " Flinching at the sudden screeching in his ears, he felt himself getting frantically shaken by Kyungsoo. "WHO WAS THAT YOU, LUCKY BASTARD, HOLY !” More frantic shaking ensued.

 

"Maybe if you stop shouting and shaking me, I might be able to tell you! Geez." Thankfully, the shaking stopped at this but now he had a very determined Kyungsoo standing in front of him, arms crossed his chest and an expectant eyebrow rose.

 

Rolling his eyes at the attitude of the shorter man, he proceeded to tell him; "That! Was Kris, my date for tomorrow~ He asked me for my number and a date and I said yes, obviously!" He brandished the card Yifan left him and waved it around in front of a gaping Kyungsoo when a glint on the card caught his eye.

 

Realizing that he hadn't yet looked at the card, he proceeded to do so, paling at the words on it. He read them over and over again, making sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

 

Vaguely, he felt Kyungsoo take the card from his hand. What? Was Kyungsoo talking? Why was the Café spinning around? Was the floor leaving his feet?

 

"Chanyeol? Are you okay? Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo stared worriedly at his friend, he decided to look at the very obvious business card in his hand, his eyes growing even wider than they normally were. "YOU'RE GOING OUT WITH KRIS WU, THE VICE PRESIDENT OF FROZEN BYTES TECHNOLOGIES?!?!"

 

Kyungsoo sounded really far away though, and why were they two of him? As Chanyeol felt the darkness closing in on him, he corrected himself one last time.

 

He didn't save a village or a country in his past life; he saved the goddamn planet.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Coming out of his faint Chanyeol heard the frantic whispered argument between Kyungsoo and Junmyeon.

 

“Are you crazy? We can’t let him go on a date with a multi millionaire, Kyungsoo!”

‘Wow, that hurt, Junmyeon.’

“Oh yeah? And why is that?”

‘Yeah, why?’

“Because we don’t know his true intentions, of course! It could be a bet or something!”

‘Junmyeon, please.’

“Really, Junmyeon? That’s your reason? Unbelievable! For a second I thought you knew some bad secret of Mr. Wu!”

‘Yeah, same’ Chanyeol thought as he groaned and sat up on the couch in Junmyeon’s office. For good measure, he sent a kicked puppy look towards his boss, making said man wince and look guilty. He gratefully took the glass of water from Kyungsoo and sipped it while getting his bearings back. Looking into the water, he remember everything that happened.

He was boringly putting a new batch of cupcakes out when the most amazing and most handsome male god he had ever seen–not that Chanyeol had seen other male gods– was at the counter. And said god told him his name was Yifan and asked Chanyeol out and Chanyeol said yes and why was the water shaking? Oh yeah, Yifan was also Kris Wu, the vice president of a famous billionaire tech company. He started falling sideways on the couch, feeling light-headed, it was only Kyungsoo’s frantic shaking that brought him back from fainting again.

“Would you please stop shaking me like that!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Sorry, but I didn’t want you fainting on me a second time!” Kyungsoo said, the concerned expression on his face making Chanyeol ease a little.

He smiled at his friend while standing up, and giving back the glass to him, “Thanks, Kyungsoo, you’re a good friend, unlike other people.” Chanyeol gritted out the last part at Junmyeon, making the man adopt an even guiltier expression. ‘Good’

“Well, my shift is over, so I’m just going to go home and have a proper freak out before calling Yifan for out date.” Chanyeol glared at Junmyeon when the other started to open his mouth, causing it to snap shut. “Right, see ya’ll later!” He nodded to Kyungsoo and skipped his way out of the office.

Chanyeol quickly grabbed his bag from his small locker and went to check that the register and counter were tidy up correctly, nodding in satisfaction he took off his apron and stuffed it into his bag before closing up the shop doors. His legs felt a little jelly, but his apartment was close; he just hoped he wouldn’t work himself up in a tizzy again before arriving home.

 

 

 


 
 
 
aaayyyy there we go! next update either on the weekend or next week :)