The closest we'll ever be

Closer

A/N: I hope this meets your expectations; I am oddly proud of this one :D

 

 

 

“Seolhyun! Come over here.” Yuna called the brunette model over, after having taken the last pictures of her and her partner, Cha Hun and thus officially ended the photoshoot.

The two models bowed to each other, a thank you for the other’s hard work and then left. Cha Hun leaving the set, going to the changing room, before he went to wherever he had to go next, whereas Seolhyun walked over to Yuna.

“Yuna-ssi is something wrong?” Seolhyun asked, curiosity written all over her face, accompanied by a hint of worry.

The photographer shot her a glare more playful than stern. “I already told you not to use honorifics when talking to me.”

Seolhyun drew a small pout. “But we’re at work.”

“That doesn’t change anything,” Yuna said, rolling her eyes in the process. “Anyway, I wanted to ask you a favor.”

Seolhyun nodded, indicating that she was listening attentively.

“There’s this party I was invited to. It’s a business party, you know? All those big companies will be represented through their CEOs. They’re all potential sponsors for me and I really have to attend the party.”

The model tilted her head to the side, not really understanding what she had to do with this party. “And why are you telling me this?”

A sigh escaped Yuna’s lips. “I have to bring some kind of partner. It doesn’t matter if it’s a business partner or not, but I need someone to accompany me. I can’t take Chanmi with me, she has an exam the next day and businesswise it wouldn’t make any sense to take her with me.”

A smirk flashed over Seolhyun’s lips. She had a fair idea of where this was leading to. “You want me to be your date for the night?” It was a rhetorical question, she already knew the answer.

“Yes. You’re my number one model, you’re familiar with my work and if I have to show sample pictures, they’ll be more credible, since you’d be there as well…” Yuna trailed off, her gaze shifting from Seolhyun to anywhere possible in the studio.

“And because of my looks you think that people will be more inclined on starting a conversation with us.”

Yuna gave her friend a sheepish girn. “Yes?”

“I’ll do it.”

“Really?”

“On one condition though.”

“Anything!”

“You come with me to that party one of Chanmi’s friends is throwing.”

Yuna shot her a confused glance, not really understanding why she had to be there and why this was all Seolhyun demanded in return.

“Don’t worry, Chanmi will be there as well. You can just join her once we’re at the party.”

“And why do I have to accompany you?”

“I don’t know. I thought it’d be nice to surprise Chanmi with your presence, especially since she has been complaining that she didn’t get to spend much time with you lately.”

Yuna let out a soft chuckle. “You’re a good best friend.”

“Just doing my job.” Seolhyun answered with a shrug. “Now, how about we go grab lunch?”

“You don’t need to ask twice.”

 

-

 

Yuna looked at Seolhyun in uncertainty, her hand tightly gripping her purse.

“Is this…legit?”

Seolhyun tilted her head to the side. She didn’t get what Yuna seemed to be so nervous about. The house where the party was being held was quite big, borderline luxurious. Probably some jock’s place. But it was nothing unusual, at least not for Seolhyun, since the parties she attended during her college days were usually held in similar places.

“Yeah, just a regular college student house party.”

The blonde shook her head, before offering her friend an unsure smile.

“Will we be able to simply enter like this? I mean the house is luxurious and there has to be guards or someone of the sort…”

Seolhyun smirked, realizing what Yuna had been worried about. “Of course, they’re probably all drunk by now and as far as I know, there are no guards, don’t tell me you’ve never been to a college party.”

The blonde merely shook her head and followed Seolhyun up the stairs. The closer they got to the house, the louder the music grew. The door was unlocked, just like Seolhyun had expected it. She took a hold of Yuna’s hand, not wanting to lose her friend later, and entered the house, walking over to what she guessed was the living room.

Seolhyun felt Yuna tug at her sleeve and looked to the woman, only to see an expression of worry on her face.

“Is something wrong?” She asked, her voice loud in order for Yuna to hear her over the loud bass of the music, which, Seolhyun thought, was amazing.

“Are you sure Chanmi’s here? And is it really okay for us to be here?” The volume of Yuna’s voice was equal to Seolhyun and by the expression on her face, Seolhyun could clearly tell that she didn’t like having to rise it that much.

Instead of answering, the younger woman just nodded and pulled Yuna across the room, doing her best not to bump into dancers and couples that were making out. When Chanmi had texted her earlier, she had said something about being near the DJ’s table.

She hadn’t mentioned that the DJ was incredibly attractive though.

Insanely attractive with those headphones around her neck, her wavy dark brown or maybe raven hair – she couldn’t tell, the lighting wasn’t too bad for her to make out the color – that concentrated expression on her face and that half-assed smirk when their eyes met.

And she wouldn’t have realized that she had stopped walking, if it wasn’t for Yuna bumping into her, as she simply stood there, in front of the DJ’s table, rooted to the spot and unable to do anything but stare at the woman in front of her.

Chanmi had definitely never mentioned anything about the DJ looking this good.

Yuna pulled her back to reality by harshly tugging at her top, indicating her to get moving. Seolhyun bit back the complaint forming in her brain and instead walked further to the side of the room, where they spotted Chanmi, with a few of her college friends. Some of them Seolhyun even knew.

“Yuna!” Chanmi exclaimed in delight, running up to her girlfriend (to the extent it was possible in such a ‘cramped’ place) and engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug, as soon as she had spotted the two friends.

“Hey Chanmi.” Yuna greeted back and returned the hug just as enthusiastically as the younger.

Chanmi then turned to Seolhyun and greeted her best friend with a bone-crushing hug as well. Really though, what was it with Chanmi and hugs? Knowing that the couple was going to disappear to one of the vacant rooms, or Yuna’s apartment if she happened to be less lucky (because Yuna was her ride home), Seolhyun told them that she was going to have some fun herself.

Some fun ended up being playing countless rounds of beer-pong, dancing (technically it was grinding) with some random persons on the dance floor, committing the mistake of being dragged into a game of Magic Bus and of course, pining over the DJ.

In some way the DJ was alluring, she wanted to blame it on the alcohol, but the woman had already been alluring before Seolhyun had started drinking. And the flirty gazes they kept exchanging didn’t help her very much, if anything, it made her want to go up to where the DJ was working her magic (because she had to face it, the music was great) and drag her into the nearest room.

Which she did.

She had grown tired of just watching, therefore Seolhyun had simply made her way up to the DJ, lightly tapping her on the shoulder once she stood next to her.

The woman had turned around with a frown on her face, though, when she saw Seolhyun, the frown quickly got replaced by a smirk.

She leaned forward until their faces were only inches apart. “Hey there.”

“Hi.” Seolhyun’s reply was a little breathless and she cursed herself for that, but the low voice had really caught her off-guard.

“How can I help you?”

Seolhyun frowned, she hadn’t really thought that one through (not that she could still properly think). She had acted on impulse more than anything else when she had joined the DJ and she really doubted that she could just tell her that she wanted them to .

Not really… Or could she? Oh screw it, she thought, she was at a party after all.

“Do you have a pre-selected playlist?”

The woman looked at her in confusion, but nodded. And that’s all that really mattered.

Seolhyun grabbed one of her wrists and pulled her closer, lips playing a mischievous smirk as they hovered next to the DJ’s ear.

“How about you switch to that playlist and accompany me to a vacant room?”

The smirk she was given after having released the DJ’s wrist made her shudder in pleasure and god, she was so incredibly thankful to Chanmi for inviting her to that party. After having switched to the playlist, both women made their way upstairs, lips latched together as they bumped into the walls while searching for a room.

“I’m Seolhyun by the way.” She introduced herself breathlessly, being pinned against the door as soon as they had found a room.

The DJ looked at her for a few seconds, before voicing out a cocky: “I’m Hyejeong, make sure to remember it, so you know what you’re gonna be screaming it later.”

She did.

 

-

 

“You look stunning.” Were the first words Yuna said when Seolhyun stepped out of her room, clad in a body-tight red dress, which ended at mid-thigh, accompanied by a pair of white high heels.

“Well that’s my job.”

Yuna rolled her eyes at the comment and moved up to take a closer look at Seolhyun’s attire for the night. The blonde, like Seolhyun, wore a body-tight dress, the only difference being that hers was black and accompanied by a pair of matching black high heels.

“Tell me we’re gonna pull this off.” Yuna sighed, running one hand through her honey blonde hair.

Seolhyun tilted her head to the side, a small frown showing on her face. “Be a little more confident, will you? Of course we’re going to pull this off.”

Yuna smiled at the younger woman, then took her hand, squeezing it softly, before letting it go again.

“Thank you for the pep talk. Are you ready to go?”

The brunette nodded. “Just let me grab my purse and then we can leave.”

Yuna had hired a chauffeur for the occasion, Seolhyun realized, when the blonde led her to a black Lamborghini in the underground garage. She had to admit, she was a little surprised at the elder’s decision, but she probably had her reasons.

And when they arrived at the mansion where the dinner was being held, Seolhyun understood why Yuna had decided to get them a chauffeur for the occasion. It seemed like the attendants were all top dogs, judging by the cars they saw at the entrance of the property.

They were led inside by a butler, proposed a glass of Champagne as a welcoming gift and then led to the dining hall, where all of the guest were. Most of the guests, all clad very professionally, Seolhyun noted, where either talking with each other, or standing at the buffet in the back.

A few guests were already looking at them when they entered the hall, eyeing them in curiosity.

“I don’t think we’ll have trouble finding a sponsor or someone to work with in general, tonight.” Seolhyun whispered, leaning over to Yuna as her eyes scanned through the crowd. Although, crowd was probably exaggerated.

Yuna shot her playful glare, as if warning her not to get too full of herself, before suggesting to split up. “I’ll go to the buffet and you stay here.”

The brunette watched her friend walk away, before she focused on her task. It wasn’t going to be too hard to find someone they could work with. After all, most of the men in this room were already eyeing her like fresh meat. This was a situation Seolhyun despised, but tonight she’d make this her advantage.

Or maybe she wouldn’t need to. Because she had just decided whom to approach, when she heard Yuna shouting her name. Confused, she turned around and raised both her eyebrows when she saw the blonde tagging a short black haired girl along. Yuna sure was efficient.

“Seolhyun, this is Mina, I just met her. She’s the personal assistant of the Angel fashion line’s CEO and long story short, they’re interested on working with us.”

The brunette nodded, intensely looking at Mina, before she held out her hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you Mina-shi, I’m Seolhyun, one of Yuna’s models.”

The short girl gave a court nod and returned the handshake. “Yes, Kim Seolhyun, I know you. As I was telling your boss, I can’t sign any contract of this importance myself, we’d have to consult the CEO first.”

The woman then led them to the opposite site of the room to the CEO.

“That’s her.” Mina said, pointing to a tall brunette woman, standing with her back to the trio, as she was looking at a painting hanging on the wall.

“Dongdongie!” Mina called in a rather, annoying, voice. The woman sighed, then turned around, frowning at the shortest of the three.

“I told you to stop calling me that. Especially in public!” The woman sighed again and shook her head, they could see that she was about to continue, when she suddenly laid her eyes on Seolhyun. The frown on her face nearly instantly subsided and got replaced by a surprised expression.

Seolhyun felt her heartbeat accelerate when she saw the brunette woman in front of her, dressed up in her business attire and hair straightened out. She hadn’t been able to recognize earlier. A lump formed in at the familiar feeling rushing through her. It wasn’t a feeling of love, it was something different. Like a warm and comforting sensation spreading through her, giving her a feel of security and belonging.

She had found her soulmate.

Seolhyun had never really cared about the whole soulmate thing, mostly because the chances of finding yours were very low. Yet, society held a high regard about finding one’s soulmate – a regard this high, they even had a class in school about the whole soulmate mechanism. They taught you how finding your soulmate worked and which the best methods for finding your soulmate were.

There were different ways to find your soulmate as well as different indicators, one of them was a special (the definition differed from person to person) emotion rushing through one’s body, like Seolhyun had experienced it. In her case, it had been the feeling of security and belonging.

Another was the jolt you felt running through your body when your first touched them. It only worked when the body was sober though, if one was drunk, nothing of the sort would happen, because the body would be too numb to feel anything.

Which was why Seolhyun hadn’t felt anything (other than pleasure) during her night with Hyejeong. Because she was drunk as hell. And apparently the woman had been too, for she was sporting the exact same surprised expression as Seolhyun when they shook hands.

“Shin Hyejeong, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She introduced herself, a soft smile playing her lips.

“Kim Seolhyun. The pleasure’s all mine.”

 

-

 

“It’s about time.” Chanmi sighed, dramatically falling onto the couch next to her best friend and her girlfriend.

Yuna nodded in support. “Yeah, the whenever you two are in the same room is so high, it’s not normal anymore.”

“We thought it would last forever.”

“Jackson complained about Hyejeong being scary after your photoshoot. And he said that if we wanted to have a high between you and your shooting partner, all we had to do was invite Hyejeong to watch the shooting.”

“And I heard from Choa that even the interns are aware of the between you guys and they have never seen you together.”

“Even Mina saw it. And Mina’s pretty oblivious.”

Chnami’s cheek puffed at the mention of Mina. It was no secret (except for Yuna) that she was jealous of the older woman, for whatever reason. Probably because she had a crush on Yuna and Chanmi got jealous really easily, but Yuna hadn’t even realized it, therefore she really didn’t have to worry.

Seolhyun shook her head, fanning her face as she ignored her gradually reddening cheeks.

“You guys are exaggerating, we’re not that bad also, it’s only a date.”

Yuna was quick to hold her finger in front of Seolhyun’s face. “Ah, ah, ah. It’s not just a date-”

And Chanmi finished the sentence for her. “-it’s a date with your soulmate.” 

Seolhyun dipped her head down, hiding the smile that broke out on her face when Chanmi mentioned the fact that Hyejeong was her soulmate. She really hated how much it had affected her, how much Hyejeong affected her. How Hyejeong’s mood could rub off on her and how the smallest actions made her heart flutter.

“Aw look at her, so in love.” Chanmi cooed and pinched Seolhyun’s cheek, only to have the latter swap her hand away in annoyance.

“Why do you need to tease me about that?”

“You tease us as well.” Yuna shrugged and leaned against Chanmi, resting her head on top of her shoulder.

Seolhyun bit the insides of her cheeks, trying hard not to laugh at her flustered best friend. It was funny to witness how each and every of Yuna’s actions could fluster Chanmi so easily. It was weird, contemplating that they were dating for two years now, but Seolhyun guessed that it was related to her being jealous of Mina.

“Okay girls I have to go to work. I have a meeting with Mina.” Yuna excused herself and bid her friend and her girlfriend goodbye, missing how Chanmi’s expression dropped at the mention of Mina.

“What if she leaves me for Mina?” Chanmi asked after a good five minutes of silence. Her eyes focusing on the little framed picture next to Seolhyun’s TV.

“Why should she? Just because she is Mina’s soulmate…”

“Mina’s her soulmate as well.” Seolhyun cringed when she heard Chanmi’s voice crack. She didn’t like seeing her best friend being sad.

“Are you sure?”

“No.”

“Many are just friends with their soulmates. And besides, Yuna loves you, she won’t let you go like this.”

“Choa loved you too.”

Seolhyun’s gaze hardened, this wasn’t something she liked to be reminded of. “I know.”

“She still left you when she found her soulmate.”

“I know.”

“Are you angry at her?”

A sigh escaped her lightly parted lips. “No, because I understand her decision. I probably would have done the same had I met Hyejeong while we were still dating.”

“I see.”

“Yuna is different from Choa.”

“I know.”

“Some people have more than one soulmate. It’s rare, but it happens.”

“I’m not the other one.”

“You could be the only one.” Their conversation was starting to lose its sense, it always did when one of them was being insecure about something. At some point, they would just go through the worst ‘what if’ scenarios.

“She would have told me.”

“Not necessarily.”

“Why not?”

“What if she thinks she’s not your soulmate?”

“I thought it was obvious for both sides.”

“It isn’t. You should talk to her about this.”

And for the first time since the beginning of this conversation, Chanmi allowed a small smirk to form on her lips. “You should prepare for your date with Hyejeong.”

 

-

 

To say Seolhyun was nervous was an understatement. She had no idea what the of nervousness was, but whatever it was, it applied to her. Hyejeong was to pick her up in about ten minutes and then they’d go to the amusement park together, because they had found out about their common love for fun fairs. It was a kind of cliché first date, but Seolhyun didn’t care. As long as she had fun and was with Hyejeong, then it was okay.

She looked into the mirror for the nth time, checking her make-up and hair. She looked fine, just like she did two minutes ago, but she couldn’t help it, she wanted to look good, to impress the older woman.

The remaining ten minutes passed painfully slow, with her looking up to the clock nearly every minute, or checking her messages when she wasn’t looking at the clock. Then, finally, the doorbell rung and Seolhyun had to apply an incredible amount of self-control in order not to jump up and run to the door, instead, she took slow steps.

“Hyejeong.” She said with a smile when she saw the brunette in front of her, grinning from one ear to the other.

“Hi Seolhyun, are you ready?”

"Always."

 

Seolhyun stared at the entrance of the park in awe. It wasn’t the first time she was here, she had been here often as a child and yet, every time, it awoke feelings of joy and awe inside her. Maybe it was because of the huge roller coasters, or maybe it was because the park gave off such an inviting vibe. Either way, she loved it.

“Seolhyun, what do you want to ride first?” Hyejeong asked, examining the park’s map with a frown, in order to figure out where Seolhyun had accidentally led them.

Caught in her excitement, the younger had simply started wandering off, leaving a perplexed Hyejeong behind her. Neither of them had paid attention to where they were headed, Seolhyun looked at every attraction and every ride and Hyejeong watched out for Seolhyun.

“Anything is fine with me. You should choose, after all, it’s my fault that we’re lost…”

Hyejeong shrugged, before taking a hold of Seolhyun’s hand. “If I get to choose, then I want to do the Fairy boat tour first. It’s not far from here.”

She led Seolhyun through the park, hands tightly clasped together, until they arrived at ride. They sat inside a small boat and were led through different caves, all illuminated with diamonds and each telling a different story.

“Roller coaster?” Seolhyun asked once the they got off the ride.

Hyejeong hesitatingly looked at her for a few seconds, before she nodded. “Roller coaster.”

The roller coaster was terrifying, having a 70° degree dropping angle and Seolhyun nearly regretted her decision when she stood in the lane, alongside Hyejeong. The screams they heard didn’t make any of this better, neither that it was their turn in about five minutes.

“My legs feel like jelly…” Hyejeong stated once they were outside the roller coaster. It had been pretty intense.

“Mine too. I really need to sit down somewhere and while we’re at it, let’s go grab an ice cream.” Seolhyun sighed and pulled the elder to the next ice cream parlor and then to a nearby bench, ignoring Hyejeong’s protest about her buying the ice cream.

“But I asked you out!”

Seolhyun stared at her, visibly unimpressed and shrugged. “I said that we should get ice cream.”

Hyejeong started pouting and Seolhyun didn’t know what had come over her when she had pushed her ice cream against Hyejeong’s pouting lips.

“Stop complaining and eat. There are still many rides I want to go on.”

“Uh y-yes.”

They spent the rest of the day fooling around, eating food and going on every possible ride, including the haunted house, which had cost a lot of convincing from Hyejeong, because Seolhyun had sworn to fight her, if she wanted her to enter the haunted house.

Which was what had happened in the end. More or less. Only that Hyejeong was stronger than Seolhyun and had mercilessly dragged into the haunted house.

“I hate you.” The younger growled, arms crossed in front of her chest as they walked out of the haunted house.

“No you don’t.”

“Yes I do.”

“You don’t, anyway, we still have time to do something and we haven’t ridden the Ferris wheel yet.” Hyejeong said and softly tugged on Seolhyun’s hand to pull her along.

Since it was already late in the evening and near the closing hours of the park, there weren’t many people standing in line for the Ferris wheel, which led to both women getting onto the ride pretty quick.

“I had a nice day.” A smile formed on Seolhyun’s lips as she looked at Hyejeong.

“Me too.”

They both grew silent, looking at the view they had from the Ferris wheel. Unconsciously, Seolhyun leaned against Hyejeong, placing her head atop the older woman’s shoulder.

“Hey Seolhyun.”

“Yes?”

“I really like you.”

“I like you too.”

“Let’s do this again.”

“That’d be nice.”

“Soulmate.”

Seolhyun looked up surprised, only to see Hyejeong giving her an innocent grin.

“Soulmate.” Seolhyun repeated to herself, before looking at Hyejeong again. “Would you also be my girlfriend?”

Two hands cupped Seolhyun’s cheeks, before Hyejeong’s lips met hers in a small kiss. A kiss that left Seolhyun a blushing mess.

“Was that a yes?”

“Definitely.”

 

 

3 years later.

“Chanmi, I feel like I’m going to die!” Seolhyun panicked, walking up and down in front of her best friend, who just stared at her in confusion.

“Why? What the hell is going on? You were fine two minutes ago.”

Seolhyun came to an abrupt halt and turned to Chanmi with a frown. “I’m getting married!”

“I thought that was a good thing?”

“It is!”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I’m getting married!”

Chanmi scrutinized Seolhyun for a few seconds, before she walked out of the room, only to return awhile later with Hyejeong behind her.

“Hyejeong, please take care of your future wife, she’s freaking out about the marriage.” The black haired girl her heels and left, leaving the couple alone in the room.

“Seolhyunie.” Hyejeong smiled and pulled the younger in a hug, resting her head against Seolhyun’s, who had hers on Hyejeong’s shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know, I’m just excited. It seems surreal, you know?” Her voice was barely over a whisper, but Hyejeong still clearly heard it.

“Me too, I can’t believe it.”

They stayed in their own little bubble, until a knock at the door pulled them back into reality.

“Hey guys, the dresses are here.”

Seolhyun hurriedly opened the door, revealing a grinning Yuna and behind her Chanmi and Mina carrying one dress each.

“We’ll leave once you’re done changing.” The blonde announced when Chanmi and Mina handed the dresses to their respective owners.

Once their three friends had left, Hyejeong and Seolhyun got dressed, sharing a satisfied grin when they were done. Both trying to ignore how much they adored the sight of the other in their attire.

“You look beautiful.” Hyejeong whispered as she took ahold of Seolhyun’s hand pulling her closer in order to press a soft kiss against her lips.

Seolhyun closed her eyes at the satisfactory feeling. “You too.”

Yuna was the one who drove them to the reception, with Chanmi seated next to her and the couple in the back. The ceremony was to be held at a small clearing next to the Han River, which, thanks to Hyejeong’s influence, would be considered a private estate for the time being.

Their ride was silent, Yuna being concentrated on the road, Chanmi looking at the pillow sporting the rings on her lap with a small grin and Hyejeong and Seolhyun leaning against each other, holding hands, both having a content smile on their face.

“We’re getting married.” Seolhyun suddenly whispered, making Hyejeong look at her in surprise.

“Yes we are.”

Seolhyun looked at her girlfriend, mirroring the happy smile the elder was sporting. Her happiness couldn’t be described in words, none would be enough to describe the mountain of emotions inside her, all going wild. She felt like she was going to cry.

“I love you.” And Seolhyun would never forget the way Hyejeong smiled at her when she said those three words.

Three words that meant the world to her, when the car suddenly spun to the side, before it crashed into another one. Yuna’s angry curse when the other car hit them, Chanmi’s surprised scream and Hyejeong. Hyejeong still smiling at her, eyes nearly closed as she had the younger one in her embrace.

“I love you.” She whispered one last time, setting off a rush of panic inside Seolhyun.

Only now did she notice that her hands were covered in blood. Hyejeong’s blood. And suddenly, it was as if time stood still. Time stood still as it dawned upon her what had just occurred, as she realized that Hyejeong was dead, lying in her arms, her blood all over her wedding dress and Seolhyun’s hands.

A pained cry escaped Seolhyun, tears dwelling up in her eyes, as she repeatedly screamed her lover’s name.

It couldn’t be over, not now.

 

Seolhyun jolted up, panted as she took in her surroundings, only to heave a sigh when she realized that she was safe and sound in her apartment. With one last glance at the right side of her bed, she stood up, careful as to not wake her soulmate up.

She walked into the kitchen, grabbing herself a glass which she filled with milk and leaned against the counter, looking at the pictures on her fridge. Most of the photographs were with her and Hyejeong. Her heart swelled in a nice way at the reminiscence of those happy memories.

“I love you Hyejeong.” Seolhyun muttered under her breath, smiling when she thought about the fact that she got to share her life with the woman. The woman who had captured her heart in mere seconds. The woman who had never failed to make her happy. The woman whom she loved unconditionally.

The smile on her face fell suddenly and Seolhyun sank to her knees, the glass on the counter half-empty, as her body started to shudder. Tears streaming down her face onto the kitchen floor and then Soelhyun was already sobbing loudly.

No matter how hard she tried, no matter how much she didn’t want it, Hyejeong was gone. She had lost her years ago in that stupid car accident. She had lost her soulmate, her one and only. Forever.

 

And none of those memories mattered, because in the end, she’d never be as close to Hyejeong as she used to be.

 

Because in the end, Hyejeong was dead.

 

And sometimes, she could still hear her voice.