Final

Dream

“Jinki~” Kibum whined, desperately trying to get his boyfriend’s attention. He was thrashing around on the older’s bed and finally stopped when the man didn’t give him any response, lying on his back with his head hanging off the bed. He furrowed his brow when he saw his lover at his study desk still focusing on some papers with his pen in his mouth, hands grabbing his hair in frustration which made his messy auburn hair even messier and Kibum found the scene quiet hot. He bit his lip and rolled over so he was lying on his stomach and sat up.

“Jinki~ I wanna play, come on baby, I’m bored,” Kibum moaned as he bounced on the small firm single bed. He heard the older growled before turning to look at the blonde, fixing his glasses back on his nose bridge as he did so.

“Kibum, I need to study to pass this college entrance exam. I promise I’ll spend all the time I have in this world with you after I’ve finished this exam, okay babe,” Jinki gave the younger a pair of pleading eyes and an assuring smile before turning his attention back on his papers. Kibum rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, letting out a huff as he lay back pithily. Within a few seconds he started to whine again and flailing helplessly on the elder’s bed.

After like 5 minutes of endless wailing, he got up and walked around his boyfriend’s room, scanning the books on the huge bookshelves he had seen hundredths of times but not even bothered to read one of those, like come on there are all science and mathematics stuffs which is so not his style. He mindlessly picked out a book about human anatomy, dusting off some dust on it before opening up the book to see pictures of skeletons and muscles. Suddenly memories washed over him as he sat down on the floor and leaned his back against the bookshelves, placing the book gently on his lap.

  That day when he first saw Jinki talking to his crush, Choi Minho at the field during his soccer practice, he knew he was a close friend of Minho, but he was never interested in him, not until he saw that sunshine smile beaming towards him. He didn’t realized he had been staring at them (or to be precise Minho) and when Jinki smiled at him, he felt his face heating up and his heart beat faster than those times when he saw Minho lifting up his shirt to reveal his toned abs. Since then he had been following (stalking) Jinki around the school, he knew that he was a year older, president of the science and math club, very smart and a soccer freak like Minho. Long story short, Jinki confessed to him one day and next thing he knew they were kissing in the science lab. Of course he couldn’t forget that memorable moment since Jinki accidentally broke the skeleton when he pushed Kibum towards the wall and had to pay for it with a little help from his new boyfriend.

 Kibum smiled to himself as he recalled those wonderful memories, his hand scanning over the book. Sometimes he wondered why he was dating a weird clumsy nerd instead of that handsome hot Choi Minho. Their dates mostly consist of studying together at the library (which Kibum just slept or stared at his boyfriend in boredom), a walk at the park which Jinki will talk about the wonders of the plants or the sun or the grass (in which Kibum will just shut him up with a kiss and treat him an ice cream) and other boring dates you could think of. But nonetheless he still loved him unconditionally and he still didn’t know what the reasons are. He just loves him, so much.

Flipping through the pages again, his eyes wandering towards his lover’s back, he remembered how Jinki kept saying how he wanted to go to a medical school in United Kingdom one day. He had been talking about it every time they went on one of those boring dates, about how he wanted to become a doctor so he could help people, find a cure to cancer and blah blah medical stuffs. Kibum knew why he wanted to become a doctor so bad, but he decided to never talk about it.

Realization hit him when he thought about the day when Jinki will finally go to the UK to pursue his dream and leave him. Leave. Someday Jinki will leave him all alone, he couldn’t imagine a day without him by his side to hug him, teach him math, and hear him talk about how beautiful he is every day. Kibum shuddered at the thought and without his knowing, tears started to fall down from his eyes and dropped onto the book, staining it with dots of tears. He pulled his legs towards him, hugging them and hid his face in the book, sobbing silently not wanting Jinki to see his current state. But to his dismay, the elder heard the sobs and turned around to look at his lover all curled up at his bookshelves. He quickly walked over to him, pulled the book away from him and hugged the younger gently not wanting to break him as if he was a glass.

“Shh, everything will be okay baby. I’m here, don’t worry okay,” he kissed the top of the blonde’s head and wiped a tear that was threatening to fall with his thumb. After a few minutes, he felt the younger calming down and turned to hug him tightly as if he was going to leave if he let him go even for just a second. Jinki rubbed his back soothingly and kept shushing him, telling him everything will be okay over and over. But he was cut off when Kibum suddenly screamed and pushed him.

“No! Nothing will be okay!” Jinki’s eye widened at the younger’s sudden rage. Kibum stood up, wiping his tears with his sweater’s sleeve. “Nothing will be okay once you leave me, Jinki! So stop saying everything will be okay because it’s bull,” Jinki frowned and got up from the floor, walking over to the younger but he kept walking back, avoiding his touch until his knee hit the edge of Jinki’s bed and he sat on it, covering his face with both of his palms.

“Kibum..” Jinki was hesitated at first, wondering if he should sit beside the sobbing younger or just let him be, but of course his heart told him to be an endearing boyfriend and comfort him, and so he did. Wrapping his arms around the younger’s body, he pulled him closer and laid the blonde’s head on his chest.

“Kibum, I will never ever leave you. I love you so much to leave you,” Jinki spoke as he kissed the blonde’s temple. Kibum scoffed and chuckled at the answer which earned him a quizzical look from Jinki. He pulled away from Jinki’s hug and stood up, wiping the dry tears on his cheeks.

“Yeah right. What about medical school? What about going to UK and find a cure for Taemin?” Jinki frowned at the question. They’ve never really talked much about his brother Taemin, who died of cancer at the age of 10. Since then, Jinki had been willing to study medic and find a cure for everyone who had the same luck as his precious little brother. He then too stood up looking at his lover as a sigh escaped from his mouth.

“Kibum, you do know it’s my dream right,” he scratched the back of his head, looking anywhere but his boyfriend.

“Well then good luck. I’m not gonna stop you from chasing your dream. Sorry for being such a bother all this time,” he said the last sentence as he walked pass the elder, picked up some of his stuffs from the bed and walked out of the bedroom without any goodbye, leaving Jinki speechless as he stood still at the same spot stupefied. They had this kind of argument before and it took them about a month to talk to each other back. And during that one month period was one of the most painful moments he had to endure and he’s not going through that again. Oh no he won’t. So he quickly got out of his bedroom and chase after his lover.

Luckily Kibum was just about to leave the house when he got downstairs so he quickened his pace until he reached his boyfriend. He grabbed the younger’s arm and pulled the boy’s body towards him, giving him a strong hug so that he won’t be able to run away from him again.

“W-what the hell Jinki.. w-what do you want..” Kibum was whimpering, asking the elder to let him go but of course he wouldn’t do that. So Kibum gave up, let out an exasperated sigh and wrapped his arms around the elder’s toned body. Jinki kissed his lover’s crown before his hands sneaked its way towards Kibum’s and entwined their hands together. He pulled back a little so that they were looking at each other. Jinki’s heart broke a little at the sight of his young boyfriend’s teary eyes and flushed cheeks, feeling guilty as the reason why the tears were there was because of him.

“Kibum..” Jinki took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he’s trying to arrange the words he wanted to say to Kibum. “First of all, I’m sorry for being such a jerk and didn’t spend any time with you lately. I’m sorry for not giving you any proper dates, I’m just.. I’m just a lame nerd who doesn’t know how to love. I don’t know why you are still here with me even though I’ve broken your heart so many times, you don’t deserve it. You deserve a much better person than me to give you a happy life,” he tightened his hold on Kibum’s delicate hands as he let out another sigh, focusing his gaze on his lover. His heart was beating frantically against his ribcage as he was about to say something that might change his future.

“Kibum, you are my dream. I wanna be with you forever. I want you to go to the UK with me. I want you to be there beside me every morning when I open my eyes and every night before I close my eyes. I need you to be there when everything is wrong so you could make it right for me,” tears were starting to gather at the corner of Kibum’s eyes as he listened to Jinki’s confession.

“I also wanna be there for you Bummie. I wanna hold you and wipe off your tears, make you feel like the most special person in the world. I wanna marry you, I wanna have kids with you, beautiful kids that look like you and you can name all of them because I don’t know how to name children a-and you--“ Jinki’s speech was cut off when a pair of lips covered his, his eyes widened at the sudden act but he quickly responded to the soft feeling of Kibum’s lips against his. Jinki let go of Kibum’s hands so he can put it on the younger’s waist and Kibum wrapped his arms around Jinki’s neck. They parted after a while with Kibum smiling at Jinki’s flushed face.

“You talk too much baby,” Jinki giggled as Kibum gave him a light peck on his lips. Kibum then buried his face on his boyfriend’s chest, inhaling the musky scent when he felt a light kiss on his head. “And stupid, how am I gonna go to UK with you? I’m not smart enough to attend a university there, hell I can’t even pass my math tests,” Jinki could feel his lover pouting against the fabric of his t-shirt so he the back of Kibum’s head gently, inhaling the sweet scent of his strawberry shampoo.

“It’s okay, I’ll bring you there once I get enough money and buy us a house and live there,” Jinki was grinning like a little child at the wonderful plan he just thought of right there and then. Kibum detached himself from the elder and looked at him with wide surprised eyes after he heard the sudden news.

“Really?? Are you really going to buy us a house there??” Kibum’s eyes were sparkling and glinting with hope that it made Jinki regretted for saying such impossible thing. He gulped down nothing out of nervousness, afraid that he might not be able to fulfill the younger’s wish. But when he looked back at Kibum, he knew that he had to do it, to achieve his dream which was to be with the younger boy forever.

So he gave the younger his best smile that made his eyes turned into crescent moon shape and said, “Yes.” Kibum launched himself again at the elder and wrapped his arms around his necks, peppering his boyfriend’s face with kisses and ‘I love you’s.

Jinki knew then that nothing is impossible as long as he has the boy beside him.

 


a/n: waaaaahhhh it's been months since i last updated a fic. i have a lot of ideas and prompts but i just can't seem to find the time to write it or i just don't know how to write it lol anyways comments are love <33 thank you for reading this whoever you are, you are beautiful :))