Stitches

Can't Hold Us

Jung's Estate

Hana woke up hearing the alarm clock on the nightstand. She stretched her sore limb. Her hands hit her lovely husband's face who was still in deep sleep.

"Ouch honey"

"Mianhe jagiya" hana softly murmured

Hana tried to get up but Daehyun pulled her hand and eventually hana lost her balance and landed on her husband chest. 

"Where are you going honey?" Daehyun whispered in morning,husky voice.

"I am going for a morning shower. I got a class today" Hana shivered involuntarily.

"We should cuddle some more. Its still early though" Daehyun peeked from Hana's shoulder to see the clock.

"But-"

"No buts darling. You'll be fine. Its not your first day. Besides you love it too" Daehyun smirk seeing Hana blushed.

"Yah" Hana tried to removed Daehyun's arm that wrapped around her torso. 

"Don't struggle baby."Daehyun flashed those smirk again.

Creepy. Hana thought in her head. Because those smirk always meant something else. Daehyun turn to his side to grabbed his phone to check message from his secretary.

Seeing the chance, Hana scrambled to her feet. Off she went to the bathroom. She heaved a relief sigh. What a day. She loves daehyun dearly but sometimes his cheesiness is totally scary. It gave goosebumps. In a good way.

It was a pure bliss for the young bride. Everything seem perfect. Fit to the place. She always grateful with her life.

Her husband was very sweet and romantic. He is such a sweet talker. Hana could not wish for me other than happy life with his charming husband. Her husband and her family in law was her only pillar of support. They tried to give her comfort and paid her expanses. If she could wish more she will be more than esctatic if her parent blessed their marriage. 

Everyday seem like a honeymoon to both Hana and Daehyun. They cared each other so deeply. When they fight they always resolved in a calm way. They always tried to understand and respect each other differences. Opposites attract.

To Daehyun, Hana is his only angel. She was kind hearted cheerful. She was the one who cheer up him when he was down and vice versa. Though sometimes she can be a little bit narcisstic saying 'Hana is cute' and she is to Daehyun. Neverthless he was trully in love with her.

 


 

3 years later

Hana kept staring at the cold snowflake. The cold does not bother her at the moment. The once cold heart was what mattered to her.

She smile. A sincere smile. Not a bitter smile nor a forced smile. A sign that she had moved on.

Even a backhug from her love one did not affected her. 

"Why are you here all alone? Wearing thin clothes?" a rather soft whisper on her right ear.

"Wondering about how grateful I am. To be able meet a great guy despite all the hardship before"she replied barely audible.

"I am a lucky guy. I met a wonderful woman. I thanked him for taking a great care of you. He loves you so much. Probably not as much as I did. But everyday I kept falling in love with you. Learning more with you in the process."he exclaimed

She blushed hearing his remark. He never failed to make her embarassed. In a good way. Be it his funny side or his rather serious side or his weird side or even his cute side. She loves all about him. Her husband. Her strength.

"Taehyung oppa you make me blushing again. Aish" Hana whined while palming her warm pink hue cheeks.

Taehyung smiled seeing her antics. He always like watching her like this. Words could never describe how he was so thankful to him.

Him.

The first guy who captured her heart.

Jung Daehyun was Hana first husband.

He loved her deeply.

Even until his last breath.

He chose to keep his secret.

Letting Hana go was never his choice.

He dreaded the fact of leaving Hana in despair.

He was dying.

He much more aware of the fact.

A broken wing can never be the same again.

A pride of a strong man was gone.

Chained in his own negativity.

Only left a crippled weak person inside.

Counting days leaving the world.

 


 

Flashback

Marriage life was not easy for the young bride. Having to handle the duty as a wife and in the meantime being a student. Things getting hectic. Eventually everything became a mess.

Daehyun always outstation for days. Hana was not so keen on the idea of the lack of his husband. She was trying hard to be a rather an understanding wife. Though sometime at the back of her head there was a tiny voice that whispering the bitter poison. Leaving her in insecurity and uncertainity.

The same thing just happened to be for Daehyun. Hana kept decline his idea of bringing both of them together. She always reasoned him. And he always believe her anyway. 

The thing was their communication was lacking. No doubt. There are something that began to crack in their strong relationship. Both of them were too engrossed with their work to actually fix the broken part.

They were accidentally drifted apart. Hana aware of that so did Daehyun. It getting worst as time passed. Hana was frustrated with everything especially her studies. She had failed her exam. She wanted someone to comfort her. Daehyun was nowhere near her. And she needed her motivation. 

It was a wrong timing when  Daehyun caught Hana in another guy embrace. Daehyun had planned to make a suprise arrival. He was not expected the other way around. In their home on top. 

Daehyun balled his fist until his knuckles turned white. His eyes was fuming  with anger.

"What is the meaning of this?" Daehyun voice was full of hatred and betrayal. He kept the raging feeling inside him for a long time and it kills him.

"O-o-ppa, i could explain this." Hana sob subsided.

 "There is nothing to explain. I planned on giving you a suprised. Instead I am the one who almost get heart attack." Daehyun was dissappointed. He was exhausted yet the thought of coming home cheer him up until he saw the scene unfolded with his very own eyes. He knew he was wrong leaving Hana handle her struggles with studies all alone. He knew all along that Hana failed her exam. That is one of the reason of his early arrival.

"Oppa..I-i, he is just my my neighbour-"Hana stuttered. She knew its wrong but she never cheat on Daehyun. Seokjin already have girlfriend. He come to give her motivation yet she did not expect Daehyun to suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Enough already Hana." After saying that he just slammed the front door and never returned back leaving Hana in a pool of tears. His decision was made out of rage.

Days after days Hana waited for her husband. Hoping that he eventually come out of his hiding and went back to her, letting her to explain and sort things out between them but what happened a couple of weeks later make her restless.

She had received a divorce letter. All her leg strength gave away and she fell on the floor. Her eyes was void and empty. She was exasperated. Things have taken toll on her body. She refused to take a good care of her health. She only took a little bite of her food. Her face was sunken, her eyes clearly have a dark eyebag and her lips was chapped. Her voice was hoarse due to constant crying. Luckily it was semester break. She did not know how to survive if she was to face this during the class.

Then an awful event happened. Hana was on her way to do her daily shopping. She was driving along the road until suddenly a black sedan from the different direction collided and crashed into her car's bumper. It was in a blink of an eye. The impact was too unbearable. The bumper was thoroughly dented. The windscreen shattered into million pieces, but the air bag saved her head from getting direct impact with the steering wheel which could lead to a  serious injury. A trail of blood smeared on her forehead. Meanwhile a gush of blood oozed out from both of her legs. Panic stricken her face when she realised that she could not feel her legs at all. All she could feel was the smell of iron and the sensation of warm fluid. She desperately trying to reach for help but to no avail. She wanted to scream so badly but she felt a lump forming in . 

'This is it. This is how I am going to die. Oh God I know I abandon my health all this time but I still want to live. Please spare me. Mom Dad I am sorry I did not listen to your words. I am sorry. Someone help me PLEASE. I AM BEGGING YOU.' She thought to herself in vain.

Her pray seem to be answered when she saw some shadow loomed beside her car. Her eyes started to lose focus and soon her eyes consumed darkness.

 


 

 00.00 a.m

7/11/2013

XXX Hospital

A guy with cat like eyes marched towards Imtensive Unit care (ICU).  It pained his heart to see his love one stuck on her bed with those wires on her body since two weeks ago. She was in comatose state since the accident. Her heart had complication several time. He almost lost her. Guilty engulfed him. If only he did not left her in that devastated state. If only he let her explain. If only he did not storm out of their front door. If only he just listened with his heart instead of judging with his blind rage. That's was his daily routine, accompanied her during the whole night and dissappeared before the dusk. It always end with his self blame. During the day, her family visited her. Although they dissapproved her choice, but they are still her parents. Despite what she did before, it was their child. Every parents loved their children no matter how bad their children acted towards them. Her parents was distressed when they heard the news.Their eyes was bloodshot, swelled and their face was forlorn. They wanted to accompany her but Seokjin convinced otherwise seeing their state.

One day, it just too overwhelmed for him. He was getting weak each day. His lives starting to give away. His frequent visit to the hospital has been lessened to once a week until it was too unbearable that he decided to do something after he heard the chance of her awake was less. He had to do something. She was too young to die. She has an uncomplished dream. He had enough of being selfish, keeping her to himself. She had a life. Thus, he went to meet his favourite colleague which also his favourite dongsaeng, Kim Taehyung.

The younger man was reluctant at first. He wanted to refuse but Daehyun's eye potrayed how desperate he is. He tried to ask him why but all he get was a solemn expression and he knew better to keep quite. He agree nevertheless for the sake of his hyung. Daehyun even forced him promised to take a good care of Hana. After that, Taehyung never heard of Daehyun anymore.

Taehyung met Hana several days later when she was moved to a ward. Her condition was stable at the moment but they just need to wait for her to open her eyes. She found the lady was peaceful in her deep slumber. From what Daehyun told him, Hana had a several bone fracture. She hit her head pretty hard but luckily she only had mild concussion. Though her legs was bleeding profusely, the doctor managed to close her wound. Taehyung was thankful hearing the news.

Unintentionally his right hand found its own way towards her face, caressing her stitches forehead and stopped at her puffy cheeks. Suprisingly it was soft like a baby's cheeks.

At first it was awkward until he found some courage to hold her hand. Then he just blurted some random stories about his life. He even joked about how ugly she is with all those wire on her. His daily routine become habit. Soon he found himself kissing her forehead. Before he know it he has head over heels over a stranger. No she was Daehyun's family. He treasured her like he treasured Daehyun. It has been 24 weeks since  Hana was confined into her current state. Taehyung secretly wished that she would open her eyes letting him see the colour of her iris. A week later, Hana woke up in the middle of the night after a long dreamless sleep. She almost scared Taehyung to death. "Where am I?" was the first word that came out from .

 


 

To be honest, Taehyung was teriffied. His hands was sweaty, his pulse was accelarating crazily. His mind went blank and his eyes was frantic. He was thinking of an explaination whyhe approached her. Moreover, the person in front of him, Jung Hana was Daehyun's wife. He almost had a heart attack when he learnt the shocking truth. All this time, he thought Hana was his sister. He happened to know this when he met Seokjin who came visited Hana. There was a weaving knot in his stomach. How could he did not about that? How could he just easily agreed without thinking twice? How could he simply fell in love with her when she was still his legal wife? He wanted badly to succumb to sleep and forget everything but he did not wish to show that he was weak.

Hana in other hand was progressing to heal. Through time, she just grown to be quite. She had knew that Daehyun left her the moment she opened her eyelids and saw a stranger face. She was curious but Taehyung seemed to read her mind and introduced himself as Daehyun's close acquaintance. She felt like screaming at his face for Daehyun whereabout but she was too exhausted to actually did that. Her energy mostly drained from those long sleep. She finally gave up on thinking that Daehyun care for her. Her mind was occupied with Daehyun that she forgot to realise something. She neither could move or feel her leg. Panic stricken over her face. Taehyung managed to calm her down with soothing voice before he called for the doctor. It was a post traumatic syndrome. She still thought about how her legs stuck and could not move during the accident. Her eyes shown nothing except emptiness.

Throughout the healing process, Taehyung was always there. Be it morning, afternoon or night. At first, she just brushed him off thinking he would go away. However Taehyung was adamant to stay and she was fed up that she just let him do whatever he wanted. He tried everything to cheer her. Then again, he was a ball of sunshine, full of positivity and smile. Even her family questioned his presence but then they let him be after Seokjin once again convinced them. Somehow his presence seemed to have a positive impact on her. Hana's parents was pleased when they saw Hana's lips curved slightly afer a long time. Her eyes slowly potrayed a sparkling glint of happiness. It was a huge relief for the family and Taehyung. When Hana found her way to speak again, she asked him.

"Don't you have work?"

To which Taehyung replied with a goofy grin and childishly exclaimed "I do work with my own pace" leaving her in puzzled and some snort. Soon somehow their relationship became closer.

 


 

Dear my lovely Hana,

The moment you read this letter, I am no longer by your side. I may have been defeated. I am trully sorry for making you suffer being stuck with the emotional man like me. If only I know better, I should not propose to you. Just kidding. But I wish you know that I did not regret for marrying a wonderful, amazing lady who make me smile and crazy at the same time. 

But I regret that I did not trust you. I should have reconcile with you. Perhaps things would have been better for you. Though I still will let you go because I did not wish for you to be in depressed state when I am gone yet I still did that. What I did back then was so immature. I was being irrational. If only I get a better grip on myself but its too late for that.

However my dear, do not be dejected. I believe you will be fine without me by your side. You are a strong fighter. You will move on and met a great guy who will treat you with utmost care and listened to your rants. Maybe a guy that can live longer and not a weakling like me. Things that I could not do for you. Since I could not afford to take care of you anymore, I entrusted you under my dongsaeng care. I hope you you will like him.

I think that's all since I don't think I could properly hold the pens any longer. I should end this soon. My dear I wish to see your smile before I closed my eyes for the last time.....its just another selfish request from me. 

Goodbye my sweetheart, may you gain your happiness.

Yours truly,

JUNG DAEHYUN

 


 

Eventually Hana has accepted Taehyung in her life. Taehyung learn to accept the truth when Hana said 'yes'. Taehyung's guilt has been decreased the day he discovered the letter. Hana's heavy burden was lifted when she read the letter. She was slightly disturbed about whether it was alright to fall in love again. Daehyun's letter gave her courage to let go of the embittered feelings. Sure she cried her heart out reading the content. Gradually through time and support they enable to move on and be blissful again. Hana was able to move her legs again. She was grateful for that. It was beyond her expectation. Yet again her family, seokjin, Taehyung helped her to have hope and have faith.

Today, Hana and Taehyung came to pay visit to his graveyard. Hana kneeled in front of the tombstone ,tracing over the carved names. Taehyung remain standing while closing his eyes, finger crossed sending his prayer. After a while, Taehyung helped her to stand and dusted off the dirt from her black maternity dress. Before they left, Hana held Taehyung's forearm stopping his track. She glance towards Daehyun and smiled. A soft, sincere smile that he always adored.

 

Goodbye my love

 

The broken wings

Finally regaing its flight

Flying into the sky

A smile adorned

To see his love 

Cheerful and delighted

 

~~~FIN~~~

 

 

Hopefully you like it.

Specially made for a close friend.

Comments, subscribed or whatever.

First attempt on writing angst.