Theater

Images and Words

2:00pm

Raina arrived to the theater, the streets by some reason seemed a bit empty for her cab almost didn't stop the whole way, except whenever a red light got them in the road. She checked one of her cameras, counted her items, revised everything before paying and getting out of the vehicle. 

Once she gave the first step to a white pavement area, she took out the pamphlet she had in hand to see if she got the address right, she nodded to herself when realizing this was it. 

She looked up the structure which she almost didn't recognize, if it wasn't by the characteristic architecture of the building, it always got her eye by its magnificence and white pillars when it was under reconstruction. It was an old theater she used to go with her mom, when she was younger.

Raina took a breath, as if she was trying to catch the smell of the past, the perfumes going around her where ladies walked by and well-dressed men behind them, families used to dress their children as nicely and elegant possible, she wasn't an exception. In that moment, she sighed, wishing that her interests in photography would have been more evident back then, so that memory would have lingered in a pretty representation adorning her walls. 

Once she went inside, she heard the keys of a piano playing some melody she didn't recognize, but the harmony and tempo felt like a pleasant travel by car through a forest. Right then, she thought Ugh, too bad Eyoung was busy, she would have loved this

She sighed and without wasting time, she started to take pictures of the on-going recital, which later proved to be only a practice for the pianist, for his big event was set to be during night. She took a couple of shots to the piano and its pianist, the place was still relatively empty, the current audience was made by the participants of the painting workshop, but its instructor was still yet to appear, at least that was what she thought. 

2:25pm

Raina took some shots of the scenario as a whole, and of the audience. She lowered her camera when realizing something The one from the journal isn't here yet then thought and hoped that they didn't send that kid which always gets late, talks a lot and leaves with an incomplete work.

She sighed and turned to appreciate the inside of the now reconstructed theater when she noticed someone to her right. She shook her head, it cannot be... she refused to believe who she was looking at, instead she turned away when starting to frown, then grabbed her camera to keep focusing on taking her pictures.

For the love of God, Raina. She didn't do anything to you. she said to herself, lowering her camera again and sighing.

 

**

 

2:00pm

Lizzy arrived to the theater, being more than glad when she looked at the time on her phone realizing that she was.., well, just in time. She went out of the office just 10 minutes before. It wasn't for the sake of upsetting her boss, already angry with her lack of punctuality, but people always seemed to get on her way as if she was their personal savior, sent to solve all their problems whether on grammar or edition, even when it came to ideas to write an article, so yes, you could say that she was the absent and unmentioned co-author of most of the journal's articles.

When entering the theater, she had to hold a loud "wow!" in her lips when realizing the changes in the structure and building as a whole. She smiled at the lamps, at the stairs adorned with a red carpet, that somehow made her think on a scenario for the lead lady of her story, red carpets... this could be on her wedding.

She shook her head, getting out of her thoughts because it was time to work, not to dwell on ideas that may cause a rain of anger over her, provided by her boss.

Taking out her notebook, she started to write about the theater's aesthetics, she went down to the front lines, to gather some information and thoughts from the audience, their expectations about the painting workshop, she even dared to throw a few jokes here and there to alight their conversation. She was indeed natural when it came to her job.

When going up to the central area, she stopped writing and realized that this needed to go with the proper pictures, she face-palmed right there, then as if the world was trying to tell her not to worry, she turned to her right and found... Raina, taking pictures.

A smile drawn immediately in her lips.