a war of dogs

In-betweens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

au—A war of dogs

(anonymous)

 

 

Hidden in-between a luxurious department store and a fancy French restaurant, is a nice little public park. Only a few people are aware that such a place exists in Seoul, which frenetic lifestyle doesn’t seem to fit with nature. There are pretty flowers bloomed everywhere, and trees, and green grass, and scattered benches fitted along the alleys that wander around the park. It’s a small bubble of peace.

On this fine Monday morning, two men and their respective dogs are taking a stroll around that same park. It’s a sunny day, there’s only minimal wind, and Hyukjae is satisfied to know that Choco has finished her rather unflattering business. Yuki hasn’t yet, Donghae notes, but there’s a time for everything.

And then, Choco and Yuki meet each other. Everything happens all at once for the two little dogs. Their eyes catch one another, and a burning passion flare up within them.

It’s hatred at first sight.

Barking happens. Growls and teeth-baring, too. Even more barking. The bubble of peace isn’t so peaceful anymore.

Choco stands her grounds with impressive determination. Behind her, Hyukjae glares viciously at their opponent. And, in front of them, Donghae and Yuki have adopted the exact same posture.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter