Changes

Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 4 am in the morning and Taemin feels like its the first time that he actually woke up.

When he opened his eyes that morning, it was like he opened his eyes for the first time in years. Really, open his eyes. He assessed himself and tried to think about where his life is headed to right now. He hadn't had a stable job since he dropped out of college. His parents kicked him out the moment he came out of the closet. It wasn't the best birthday announcement, telling his parents he has same tendencies, especially when he just reached the legal age.

He was the middle child amongst 3 children that are all male. He never got along with his brothers. They always teased and bullied him for looking girly and being flimsy. But even though that was the case he still missed them. When his father was dragging him out of the house like he was some sort of trash, his siblings were bawling their eyes out trying to stop their father from kicking him out.

Taemin's parents were strict and traditional. They provide their children the things they need but beyond that there was no more they wanted to offer. And in a family where the only ones you could rely on was your brothers, it was painfully difficult parting with them. But Taemin had to go and it has been a week since then.

For a week, he was able to survive thanks to his life savings that he'd been collecting since he was a boy. But as a child he had nowhere near enough saved up to last him, well, a lifetime. 

After a week of staying in a cheap motel and eating fast food, Taemin's savings is almost used up. He tried applying for different kinds of jobs, lying about his age and educational attainment, but they eventually always find out.

It's 4 am and he already had tears in his eyes. "What do I do?", he thought to himself. In a span of a week his life changed completely. He lost his family, the only friend he had now lives in another country, hes afraid to run to his brothers, fearing they might suffer the same fate he did due to their father's anger. He cried as he thought about everything that changed in his life. 

As he bawled his eye out, strange noises were suddenly heard from outside his motel room. There were banging sounds, like doors being kicked open. There were loud stomping of pairs of feet and low angry voice yelling phrases Taemin didn't quite properly hear. 

Slowly the sounds became louder and closer to his room. His worry and sadnees from awhile ago was completely gone and is replaced by fear and confusion. There was loud bang, and it made Taemin flinch and cover his head with his arms as he tuck his legs closer to his body, in fear.

" Put your hand in the air!" Said a low yet strong voice.

Taemin shook in fear, but he complied. He slowly lifted his head and put his hands in the air. He looked at the man, pointing a gun at him, with pure terror in his eyes and tears streaming down his cheeks. Taemin had no idea what was going on, all he knew was that he was scared and he just wants everything to return the way it was. Pretending he was straight, living with his parents even though they barely pay attention to him, get teased and bullied by his brothers that he loves so much and everything else that was part of his used-to-be normal life.

He continued to cry as he held his hands up. The man pointing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter