Art

Odd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 2 months. Two months since Yoorim passed chemistry. Two months since Yoorim accidentally kissed Baekhyun. Two months since Baekhyun kissed her back. Two months since she had last seen the said guy. And as embarrassing as it sounds, Yoorim admits she misses Baekhyun’s laugh, voice, expression. Oh god, she just misses him and she just wanted to wrap herself in a futon like a burrito for feeling so queasy. Ever since that eventful day, she never dared cross paths with Baekhyun because she felt really really awkward, confused and stupefied. Until the term was over and it was vacation, Yoorim found herself regretting her actions. What if Baekhyun wanted to tell her something after that? What if..

 

“Wake up sister!” Minhee hollered as she unknowingly interrupted Yoorim’s thoughts. Yoorim suddenly acted interested on the topic which she doesn’t even know to begin with. “Oh yeah? What were we talking about again?” Yoorim sheepishly asks.

 

“She had been like that ever since before term break.” Sooyeon tells Minhee, ignoring Yoorim.

 

“Well? Care to explain? Hmm?” Minhee carefully scrutinizes as Yoorim suddenly pinks, lips tight as if she had been holding a secret.

 

“Yoorim! Tell us so we could help you! What are best friends for? Remember that time when I didn’t tell you I had diarrhea because it was embarrassing? I ended up –“ Sooyeon began but was cut off by Minhee who nearly gagged.

 

“You didn’t need to recall that.” Minhee interjects.

 

“Well just before term break, after the chemistry exam specifically, I … accidentally kissed Baekhyun.” Yoorim confessed while hanging her head low, too low her neck could break.

 

“And?” Minhee and Sooyeon asked in unison.

 

“He kissed me back saying that we’re now even.” Yoorim covers her face embarrassed that she’s blushing at a simple memory.

 

“What the hell. Are you and Baekhyun together now?! Why didn’t you tell us? Why didn’t Baekhyun tell me! I am the bridge between you two!” Sooyeon started blurting out earning a hush from the owner of the café they were in.

 

“You’re asking nonsense things Sooyeon of course they are! So how was the kiss? Wet? Sloppy?” Minhee asks nonstop.

 

“It was my first kiss how was I supposed to describe that.” Yoorim shuts Minhee even though she was obviously fidgeting. “We’re not together okay. I don’t even know what we are. I –I kind of avoided him since then.” Yoorim explains further.

 

“Yoorim you’re too innocent. Baekhyun surely was going to ask you to be his girlfriend after that. Let me ask you, how do you feel for him?” Minhee straightforwardly inquires like the love expert she is.

 

“I..”

 

“You?”

 

“I-“

 

“..”

 

“I don’t know!” Yoorim frustratedly sighs. She.. she just don’t know yet.

 

Her two friends stare at her. Based on Yoorim’s thoughts drifting elsewhere, to Baekhyun most probably, they deduced that there is a huge possibility that Yoorim likes Baekhyun as well. They just have to make her realize that. Minhee and Sooyeon made an eye contact. Sooyeon smirks all of a sudden. She had the perfect plan.

 

 

Yoorim found the lecture room for her arts class. She was not majoring in arts but she decided it was nice to have it as an elective. Besides, her hobbies include sketching portraits and painting. She sat at the far end near the exit door and decided to sketch on her notebook as she waited for Minhee to arrive. She was told by her friend that she’s taking arts as elective as well. It was good, at least she was not the only one who is alien to the arts department. A few minutes after, a man dressed in pressed blue shirt, trousers and shinny leather shoes arrived and the class stiffened, it was probably the professor. Yoorim looked at her watch. It was past 5 minutes since the start of class and Minhee was nowhere to be found and it was bad since the professor seemed to be strict in attendance as well. Yoorim secretly took her phone to message Minhee. Minhee immediately replied with an apology. She said she switched to the afternoon art class because it was conflict to her other subject. Yoorim sighed, she had to bear with the strict professor alone. Just when everybody was occupied with the lesson about the kinds of art, the door in Yoorim’s side suddenly opened and the little sound alerted Yoorim. Yoorim jerked her head to the side to see who the late comer was and she was utterly flabbergasted.

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun whispered towards her and slips on the chair beside her that was meant to be for Minhee. “This seat is not taken right?” Baekhyun asks. Yoorim shook her head still shocked.

 

“You’re taking this class?” Yoorim asked in a whisper. Baekhyun raised a brow for the obvious question but answered nevertheless. “Yeah?”

 

“Oh you missed a lot already.” Yoorim jerked her head towards the front again to avoid Baekhyun’s stares. Oh good lord she knew she’s blushing and she didn’t want to get caught.

 

“Yeah. I missed you.” Baekhyun said and reached to pat Yoorim’s head like he used to do. Yoorim suddenly felt that the big room was stuffy. Yoorim didn’t say anything back but instead focused on the lesson.

 

The professor was about to dismiss the class when he suddenly remembered something. “Before I forget, there is no final examination in my class, but you are all required to submit an artwork that best express yourself, it could be a sculpture, a painting, whatever you like as long it is art. And it’s going to be by pair. That’s all. You’re dismissed.”

 

Baekhyun turned to Yoorim and grabbed her hand, “So Yoorim about the –“

 

“Hey it’s Baekhyun hyung! Baekhyun hyung!” Yoorim saw a tall lean guy coming over. It was Sehun. Baekhyun turned to him and Yoorim took it as an opportunity to slide her hand away and quietly leave.

 

Once Yoorim was outside the room, she heaved a sigh she had been wanting to let out.

 

“What’s with the big sigh?” . Yoorim screamed in her head. Yoorim turned around and met Baekhyun, again.

 

“So about the –“ Baekhyun began but Yoorim cutted him off.

 

“The kiss? It never happened okay!” She suddenly blurted.

 

“No. no. I was talking about the project. So about the project, could we partner for that?” Baekhyun asked sheepishly and Yoorim suddenly felt embarrassed, confused and dejected at the same time. So he wasn’t meaning to ask about the kiss? Didn’t it mean anything for him? She thought.

 

She was deep in thought and Baekhyun had to clear his throat to remind her of his presence. “So? Come on Yoorim please? I want to pair up with you because I know you’re so good at this. I saw your drawings on your sns account. I’m beyond impressed.” He compliments.

 

“Well um..“ What do I say??? But I do not know anybody in class beside him. Yoorim thought.

 

“Baekhyun oppa! There you are. I just want to ask if you want to pair with me for the project.” A model-looking girl came to ask.

 

“About that –“ before Baekhyun say anything further she cuts him off. “Who is she?” she asks while eyeing Yoorim up and down.

 

Yoorim gulps. “Nobody. Bye.” She says and ran away leaving Baekhyun with the model-looking girl.

 

Who does she think she is? Butting in to someone’s conversation with that high pitched voice of hers. I’m –wait. What am I saying? Why am I bad mouthing her. Yoorim Yoorim Yoorim it’s bad to judge people based on first meetings. Yoorim thought deeply.

 

However, Yoorim was proved wrong the next day.

 

“Oppa!” The model-looking girl called in a high pitch while strutting her way to the back of the class where Baekhyun and Yoorim sat and plopped herself in the empty sit beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun came to class early that day much to Yoorim’s avoid-Baekhyun-at-all-cost-but-i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter