Chapter I

A New Touch

Despite the late hour there was still a huge crowd of reporters just swarming the crime scene the two detectives had been sent to investigate. When they had been called the two had thought it was just another homicide but after hearing the gruesome details they figured that they were dealing with the infamous cannibal. No one was sure whether or not there was just one killer or more but neither idea was very pleasing to the mind. Still in the car, the blonde just observed the crowd, watched them flash their cameras at some poor, dead girl’s corpse missing god knows what part at this point. It was always different but the killer, or killers, seemed to favor the tongues of their victims more than any other part. 

 
The man had a stern face, like someone who wasn’t used to smiling, and a slender frame almost to the point of wiry. His hair was a brunette color and layered in style with the bangs coming down on the right side of his face. Besides him, his partner was a larger man with broad shoulders and a muscular torso. His hair was a very dark brown tinted black with a gelled style that kept all of his hair firmly out of his face and his bangs out straight. A half burnt out cigarette was hanging between his lips with his arm hanging out the driver’s side window. The broad man brought his other hand up to take his cigarette out and exhale a cloud of smoke towards the windshield in disdain.
 
“ing vultures, all of them. It’s disgusting.”
 
The smaller blonde gave a grunt in agreement. His partner had a point, it was almost 3 in the morning. Did these people all have police scanners that they tuned into while they were sleeping? He noticed the police officers at the front were starting to get agitated, pushing reports back with their arms and raising their voices at them. Nodding towards the scene with his head, the blonde undid his seat belt and started to get out of the car; time to go to work. The brunette gave a groan but followed without complaint. He slammed the car door shut with more force than necessary, eating a glare from the smaller male, only to shrug and spit his cigarette down on the concrete, stubbing it out with his shoe. 
 
The two pushed their way through the crowd towards the neon yellow tape cautioning people not to enter. As they bent down to enter the crime scene two cops yelled for them to stop and tried to force them back but the two detectives simply brushed them off. The taller of the two turned to snarl at the cops to watch the damn reporters and let them do their jobs before flashing his badge and shooing the apologizing cops away. Rookies were so annoying. 
 
It had been raining during the night so the ground was still wet when the blonde bent down to examine the body, water soaking through his pants. If he’d been a different person he would have felt disgusted at the scene before him but now he just felt a stab of pity for the girl. Her body was laid out like she had just fallen onto the ground or fainted, she was curved with her knees bent and one arm in front of her bent at the elbow almost cradling her cheek. Her other arm was draped behind her and her head was tilted down like she was sleeping, she looked peaceful. He mentioned such thoughts to his partner who gave a scoff before pulling out his half crumpled pack of cigarettes and flicking his light open. 
 
“I doubt her last moments were peaceful Teuk.” 
 
The man, Teuk, merely nodded. He could tell that the poor girl had been traumatized before she’d been put out of her misery. There were purple bruises lining her arms and legs, restraints his mind automatically supplied, and there were ugly, angry looking marks at her ankles and wrists. Her neck had been broken at some point, whether or not she was dead before then Teuk couldn’t tell. He pulled out a pair of latex gloves from his beige coat and slipped them on before gently moving her head to where he could get a closer look at . Prying her jaws open he could see automatically that her tongue had been cut out. As he put her head back down his fingers brushed her ear or where her ear should have been at least, feeling back he could confirm that her ear had indeed been sawed off. 
 
Turning to look at the broader male he gave a pensive look, “He’s getting more creative, there’s never been a victim with an ear missing before. It’s usually the tongue or organs.”
 
Kangin gave a groan of annoyance, he hated when killers changed tactics like this it made everything so much more complicated. “Does she have any I.D. so we can alert her family?” 
 
Leeteuk felt around her waist and found a small wallet inside her skirt pocket. The wallet still had some money in it and her debit cards. Feeling around in the back of the wads he found her I.D. card and it said she was a fourth year at SM Highschool. 
 
“Yuri Lee, age 18. She was a student at SM High.” 
 
Kangin held out a plastic bag for his partner to slip the card inside and sealed it quickly. As the smaller one stood up he caught Kangin giving the girl a look of pity, she had been so young and this is how she got to go out. They both doubted she’d done anything to deserve this but the deed was done, she was no longer in the land of the living and they could only help her by making sure no one else ended up like her. 
 
For now they had to wait till morning to see if they could find anything else out about Yuri Lee. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ryeowook Kim was a first year at SM High this year and a member of the journalism club. He had a knack for nosing things out and brining all the dark secrets to light that no one wanted exposed. The school had a uniform of course, what school didn’t, but he didn’t listen to it. Instead of the white button up and blazer he had a white button up and a purple stripped sweater on, his brown hair was spiked up and he had two piercings in each ear, two dark chrome rings. Several rings adorned his fingers and his nails were painted black with white crossbones on them. 
 
First session was History of War and that was about as boring as a class could get for Ryeowook. He didn’t wanted to learn about the history of the wars, he wanted to find out who was dating who and who had broken up with who, the good stuff the gossip column talked about! He heard his teacher call out his name for role and he answer with a simple, ‘Yo’ before going back to staring out the window. The teacher was going on about his level of disrespect but he didn’t care, he was too busy thinking about Yuri. 
 
Yuri was the president of the journalism club and had been his mentor and friend since he’d arrived her. She’d taken him under her wing and groomed him to succeed the club when she graduated. Last night he had found out that Hyuna and Seungri had broken up once again but this time Seungri was seen after with the new junior G.D. instead of crying much like he had done before. Ryeowook had called her several times, and texted several times more, but he hadn’t gotten a response and he’d even waited for her in the journaling room like they met every day before class but she hadn’t shown up. 
 
Out the window he saw two men get out of a white Nissan that he’d never seen before. He’d memorized all the staff and their cars but those two were brand new faces and they didn’t look friendly. He quipped to his teacher that he needed the toilet and snuck out the door without waiting to see if he said yes or not, he was still going to go anyway. Creeping down the hall towards the office, he ducked behind the corner when he saw the two men talking to the school’s academic coordinator. Ryeowook was too far away to understand what they were saying but he could tell that it wasn’t good based upon the coordinator’s distraught expression. The man started gesturing down the hall towards the classrooms but he couldn’t risk getting caught so he quietly slid into the restroom and into the stall. The teenager slipped out his cell phone and shot one more text to Yuri’s cell phone asking her where she was and that she was missing something really big. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Leeteuk and Kanin were following the advisor down the hall when he felt his coat pocket vibrate. Frowning he dug out the phone of the young girl they were hear about and saw that there were several missed calls and texts all from the same number, someone saved as ‘Wookie’. 
 
“Excuse me,” he tapped the older man’s shoulder and showed him the name, “but is there anyone by the name of Wookie in this school?”
 
The man made a face before give a small ‘oh’ sound, “There is a first year student by the name of Ryeowook Kim, I’ve heard the two of them were rather close.”
 
“Can you take us to his class?” 
 
The advisor nodded  his head towards the door just ahead of them, “That’s his class right there.”
 
The two detectives thanked the man and asked if he could discreetly pull the teacher out to see if they would let him come out quietly instead of causing a scene. The advisor stepped into the room while the detectives stayed out of sight behind the door, no need to cause a panic. After a few seconds the advisor came back out to tell them something when a scream tore through the halls. 
 
Not sparing a second thought Kangin and Leeteuk rushed towards the source of the scream, the hallways of lockers lead out to the office and to the restroom right off the side before the classrooms. The detectives busted into the restroom, guns raised to take down whoever was causing the panic only to see a teenage boy on the floor staring in front of him in horror. He raised a shaky hand and pointed at the mirrors. Both detectives felt their blood run cold. On the mirrors was a message written in blood, fresh blood if the bright red, strong smell of iron, and the ease at which it flowed down the mirrors. 
 
‘They Deserved It’