Chapter 18

A Life With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung let out an exasperated sigh and closed the book she’s reading as she looked up in a slight annoyance glaring at Myungsoo who was leaning at the wall contemplating if he can approach her or not “Myungsoo do you have something to tell me?”

“Huh?”

“What do you want to say?”

“I uhm” he scratched the back of his head and cleared his throat “Can we talk?”

“We’re talking already” Soojung said as a matter of fact, she stood up from the bed and went to her vanity to brush her hair while Myungsoo’s gaze followed her “Just spill it out Myung I won’t kill you”

He smiled a bit, there was no sign of cold aura on her only serious “Please don’t get mad”

“Why are you so scared of me Myungsoo?” she said with a chuckle, “I’m calm just say it unless this is about Hani again”

“No it’s not” he defended

“Okay”

“Soojung are you pregnant?” His question made her stop, she turned around to look at him in shock but then she shrugs her shoulders and started to play with her fingers, the thing she does every time she’s nervous or bored

“Well I actually don’t know, I am not sure. How did you know? Hoseok oppa told it to you? Or maybe Jungkook?”

He shakes his head “Why are you not sure?”

“I haven’t checked it”

“Why?”

“I don’t know” she said then she looked at him again “Do you want to come with me tomorrow? To go to the hospital I know you want to hear the good news if I’m really pregnant”

Myungsoo’s face lights up, “Sure I mean yes I would love to go with you and hear the good news too”

“Great” that’s the only thing she said before lying on the bed “Do you think we should bring Sena with us? But I don’t want her to get her high hopes she’s been wanting a sibling”

“Let’s ask her tomorrow” Myungsoo retorted

“Okay” Soojung said “Goodnight”

“Goodnight Soojung” Myungsoo said, he sat at the edge for awhile staring at her sleeping figure. He put the duvet properly on her before planting a kiss on her temple “I love you” he whispered

                                                                 _______________

In the afternoon, the family went to their family doctor to have a check up. Sena cannot hide her happiness, she’s been talking about taking care of her younger sibling for 30 minutes now.

“Sena we are not yet sure don’t get too excited okay? You don’t want to go home with a sad and disappointed face right?” Soojung said glancing at her

Sena pouts, “No God loves me I know he granted my wish”

“What should we name him?”

“Him?” Soojung asked confusingly

The kid chuckled she and Myungsoo exchanged glances “Well mommy, daddy once promised me before that he’ll give me baby brother”

Soojung remembers it, that was the time when they went to Paris few months ago. “Should we name him Jiyong? Minjoon? Jiho? Or maybe Hyunwoo what do you think mommy? Do you want those names?”

“Sena we have a lot of time to think of the names”

"But I want to do it now I'm pretty excited" 

Soojung shakes her head in disbelief "Sena it's just a check up I won't give birth to your younger sibling today"

“Okay mommy whatever you say but daddy why are you so quiet?” Sena asks noticing Myungsoo’s quiet aura today, he’s been like that since morning.

He smiled a bit “Just nervous”

“Ms. Soojung it’s your turn” the nurse called out nicely. Soojung stood up as she followed the nurse while Myungsoo carrying Sena trailed behind her

“Goodmorning Doctor Kim” Soojung greeted with a smile

Doctor Kim smiled immediately hearing her voice “Hey there Soojung” then she glanced at the back and saw the father and daughter. Myungsoo gave a warm smile to her and she smiled back “Sena is so big now I can’t believe it. How old is she again?”

“Turning five next next month” she replied

“Time flies so fast huh” Doctor Kim said then she stood up on the chair and proceeded to the side to where the apparatuses for pregnancy check are placed

“You won’t mind staying here for awhile?” Doctor Kim asked Myungsoo

He shook his head “We’re good here. We’ll wait for the results go ahead”

“Thank you” Doctor Kim said and signaled Soojung to come with her

Sena looked at Myungsoo with a pout, “What princess? Why are you sulking?”

“Can’t we go inside?”

“Nope we can’t. Let’s wait for 5 to 10 minutes okay”

“But I want to see what is happening inside” Sena whined trying to free herself from Myungsoo’s grasps, “Please daddy”

He sighed, “Sena when I said no, no okay? Wait for it or else mommy will get mad at you for being a whiny child”

As soon as she heard Soojung getting mad at her, she composed herself and sat across Myungsoo “Okay I’m going to be a good girl"

“That’s right Princess” He said with a chuckle, every move every act Sena is just like Soojung. Her mother’s scolding is her nightmare just like Soojung he knows how much Soojung hates it when her mother scold her she hates it but she’s scared of it.

“It looks like it’s a good news Soojung” The doctor said to her happily

Soojung turned her head to the screen, “That’s my new baby right?”

“Yup” The doctor said eyes focused on the screen “But I still can’t tell the gender. Your baby bump is not that noticeable huh”

“Yeah that’s why I wasn’t really sure if I’m pregnant before” she laughs a little

“What are you expecting?” The doctor asked she get Soojung’s record on the table and writes something on it “I mean the gender”

“Oh” Soojung said she sat up, “Well Sena wants a baby brother and I bet Myungsoo wants another boy in the family”

The doctor nods, “Well go back here next month for another check up okay? I’ll give you some vitamins again and you know the rules already right?” Soojung nodded “Also Soojung you are not allowed to stress yourself and don’t overwork”

“Yes I know”

They went back to the office, Sena immediately going to Soojung “Mommy mommy how was it? Is it a boy or a girl?”

She held Sena’s hand and they went to take a sit, Sena sitting on her lap “We don’t know yet baby”

“So you’re pregnant? 100% sure?” Myungsoo asks

The doctor chuckled “So you don’t believe? But yes Mr. Myungsoo your wife is 1 month pregnant”

“Thank God” Myungsoo said beaming a wide smile. Soojung is pregnant with their second baby he feel like crying because of happiness but it’s too embarrassing in front of them. So he just smiled their widely looking at Soojung, she was busy listening to the doctor and Sena is just sitting quietly on her lap.

The doctor snapped a finger at Myungsoo “Are you listening?” she said with a chuckle and his face was blank because of confusion “I told you to take care of your wife. Make sure that you’re not a pain in the and make sure she always eat fruits but-“

“Not apple because she’s allergic I know it doc don’t worry” He said in confidence

“Daddy is good at taking care of mommy” Sena butted in and the adults laughed

“Really Sena so your daddy is a good husband?” The doctor said and Sena nodded but she noticed the sudden awkward tension between the couple. She cleared “The check up is all done I will just schedule your next check up and I will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter