my life

life of a assassin

 

It was a normal day, white clouds floated in the blue sky. And here was I, sat against the wall, beside me, laid a knife in dark red, or perhaps brown. I wanted to sleep, so badly that the other wall in my front was starting to blur and started to fade out. 'No', I thought and tried to move my limbs that stuck in the black suit, it was awful. I finally managed to remove my weight from the wall, slipping my knife back, I returned to the headquarter. I named it as headquarter as i thought it sounded more professional like that, most people just called it hideout.

 

When I stepped in, I got tackled down to the floor. The girl hugged me with all her strength, eyes filled with tears, murmured 'I thought you will not make it'. 'I thought also the same', I supported her as I told her. After our reunion, I continued to walk to my boss's office, we called it "the end ", as it symbolised the end of a mission that you accepted, in the other side, it will also be your grave if you failed to do what you should do. 

 

Back to the topic, I was still hoping more people to welcome me back and I like this type of gestures. You may think this didn't suit my job, however I was still a human being. I mean whatever you do you still can't change your identity to non-human, right? So, I can't help when emotion attacks, after all I am still a human with blood and fresh. I put my palm on my chest tracing for my evidence of living.

 

Knock. Click. The door opened, revealing my teacher of all times - my blood related dad. He was the one who taught me how to hold a gun and the one who brought me into this world. Yes, you are right, I am the heir of this company, a kid who never had a childhood which had been taken away by the cruel and anger of this world. 

 

I was treated like a princess here, no one ever dare to judge or disobey me. Everything was amazing till I was 10, I got my first kill. Guns and knifes are my toys when I was a harmless baby, then I realized the true side of them at 10. I saw the hopeless and fear from the face of my prey, strangely I felt nothing, simply nothing. After that, I kept hearing whispers about how me and cold - blooded related, my father was shocked, he thought I will faint or something, however, I didn't.

 

My dad just gave me the reward and told me about the new appointments. 

 

When I walked out the door, a large hand caught me before I hit the floor face down due to excess blood loss. I immediate realised who got me, one of my brothers of all time, I felt secured, like a baby in the mother's womb. That was the last thing I thought before everything turned black.

 

I found myself walking on a enormous piece of grassland, I saw myself stalking the victim and killed him without mercy, organs and tissues bursted and blood flew. I couldn't saw any expression on my face, when did I last smile?

 

I woke up on my bed with white sheets, my limbs were sore, I swear I felt like my abdomen was burning, I lifted my hoodie and saw bandages went round and round of my abdomen. Then, I remembered the knife cut yesterday from the fight. It was just a small damage comparing to what I have experienced. Life was boring, waiting my body to heal. Wait, did I just said life was boring? I wasn't like this few months ago.

 

When I started my job, I was still a kid, my father thought training a few more kids can help me so he recruited the most talented, deadly ones, one was the son of a infamous bartender in a... well, not very legal club. One was a orphan, he was saved by my father in his childhood so he sacrificed his life for my dad's business. The recluse among us, a kid who hacked the government website when he was 5 was also in my team.