mayflower; beginning.

while the rhythm of the rain keeps time

It was during the rainy day when I met my very first summertime. I wasn’t expecting the summertime to arrive in such odd way. But there he is. He reminds me of the almond blossom.

The rain is unpredictable that day. When he enters the subway, the weather is too hot for his liking. And yet, the moment he gets out of the subway and lands his feet on the street, the rain starts to pour. He recognizes some of the subway passengers starting to grumble a complaint. Well, he thinks it's quite acceptable to complain. After all, the sun was burning and now it's raining? Who’s not shocked about that? 

Meanwhile the people around him start to search for shelters. Seungri thought it'll be better if he starts walking back home. It's getting late and he hasn't feed his goldfish yet. Well, he fond well with rain too. So it's not like he hates it when the rain makes his clothes soaked wet.

Much to his dismay, he can feel all eyes are on him as he makes his way. He hates it when people pay attention to him. He isn't something to look at and admire. His friends keep on telling him that is an act of insecurity. He doesn't want to say the same though. It's just. He feels uneasy. And even if at the end it is an act of insecurity, he wouldn't admit it. Nope. 

He shoves his hands to his jacket's pockets then. Eyes down and ears covered by headphone. He should really stop caring about those gazes that are set on him. It’s probably just because people are confused at how lonely he is. That he isn’t even holding an umbrella when it rains hard. They must be having the “Most people wear raincoats or umbrellas when it rains, he must be lonely” thought when they look at him. But what can he say about that? He likes rain. He likes the way the droplets falling down to him. Enough said.

--

Seungri is five meters away from his apartment door when something—someone—stops him. There is a gentle touch on his shoulder. Gentle enough to make him stops walking fast. His eyes closed and he can feel his breath hitching. He isn't sure who it is. Hell, at this point he just wants to feed his goldfish.

“You know, your clothes are very damp,” Person says. Their voice deep but somehow it sends warm vibes over his body. Seungri never heard someone’s voice like this person’s before. This is their first meeting then.

He turns a bit, just enough to finally meet the person’s gaze. Person is—of course, a male. He has got a fit body, he is heighted a little taller than Seungri, his face charming and prince-y like. Seungri’s eyes hold their gazes then. His eyes look intense. Honey-brown coloured and reminds Seungri of the summertime.

“Also, your headphone can be broken if you wear it on rainy days like that—without umbrella, I mean,” He continues despite Seungri not responding to what he said.

Seungri clears his throat, feeling his cheeks heat up despite the cold breeze due to the rain. His heartbeat beats faster and seemingly loud enough that he can hear it. Maybe it’s just his imagination though. Maybe.

Prince looking lad’s eyebrows are raise. Seungri thinks it’s because he hasn’t say any word yet. He might be waiting for Seungri to say something. On his behalf, it is something he wouldn’t do. He isn’t the type to go and talk to strangers. It’s just, it feels wrong for him to just talk to someone he barely even know.

But this lad—he’s odd. Much to Seungri’s uncomfortable feeling whenever he talks to strangers, he thinks that maybe he should—try.

“I like rainy days,” Is what he said instead. He notices that the lad doesn’t have umbrella on his grasp. He wants to ask why. Maybe it’s because he lost his umbrella? Maybe because he likes rain just as much as Seungri does. He feels the urge to ask out of the sudden.

Then that means that will be a not so Seungri thing to do. He bites back his question then, waiting for the lad to respond.  

“Come inside my shop, I’ll get you something,”

And before Seungri can even deny or simply said that he has a goldfish to feed, the lad grasps for his hand and leads him inside a small shop next to them. (He hasn’t even known the existence of the shop until now, how unaware is he).

--

The shop is a flower shop. Carnations, morning glories, cactuses, roses, amaryllis—“he notices them the moment he enters the shop. They are all beautiful. The owner has taken a good care of them all it seems. The way the owner arranges them all added some more pleasing feeling. It warms his heart somehow—how someone can enjoy taking care of all these flowers.

The lad stops then, letting go of his hand. Seungri can hear him mumbling ‘I’ll get you towel’ but he isn’t really focused to that. His gaze is locked to the flowers now. He recognises the mayflower there right next to the shop’s door and that’s how he know that—oh, the lad knows flower languages.

Mayflower means welcome, something related to new beginnings. He shouldn’t be surprise that the lad knows about flower language.

But it does surprise him. Not much people actually cares about flower language—florist or not. He knows some florists may still care about how beautiful the flower language is. Still, rare for him to know a florist who cares deeply about the meaning behind flowers.

“Mayflowers—welcoming guest then? Smart move,” He mumbles.

“So you know flower language,” His shoulders tense instantly at that. Seungri turns quick and found the lad holding a white towel on his right hand. His left hand though—he’s holding a cup of something. Seungri thinks it’s a hot chocolate due to the smell.

Oh well.

“It’s good for poetry purposes,” Seungri says. Somehow he feels like his voice is louder than the first time he talks to the lad. Prince-like lad grins.

“You a writer? Nice, I’m Sehun,” He introduces himself—finally. Seungri thinks he can’t keep on calling the lad as ‘prince-like lad’ can he? Seungri shrugs at that. He doesn’t even consider himself as a writer.

“I don’t really—consider myself as one,” He says. “I just write when I feel like it”

“Sounds depressing—people are depressed when they write”

Seungri hums at that. People told him that a lot already. How depressed he must be because that’s what he does. He writes. There’s no point in arguing.

It’s a comfortable silence then. Seungri doesn’t really want to start a conversation and rather spends the silence by looking around. For real though, he is amazed by the flower shop’s antics.

A towel is landed on his head then—oh, yeah. Sehun is bringing him a towel.

“You’re so damp, like a lost sad puppy,” Says Sehun. If Jiyong is the one who said that, Seungri will probably scowl. But no, it’s this new stranger he just met. And the strangers said that as if he knows him for years.

“Well, I like rain,” Seungri replies. Flat but sure.  He’s been holding to those three words for every reasoning as to why is he damp most of the rainy days.

“You’re unbelievable,”

“You’re odd,”

“Not as odd as you are, Mr. I like rain a lot,” Sehun says. This time his tone sounds as if he’s teasing Seungri. But at the same time, he sounds dead serious.

Seungri sighs then.

“I should probably go, I have a goldfish to feed,” He says. No intention in lying at all. He isn’t a good liar after all (as proven by yours truly Jiyong). Sehun looks like he knows that Seungri is lying about that though. (And he is not!)

“You can wear my clothes,”

“Uh, no thank you,” Seungri says quickly. His hand on the towel, attempting to dry his hair at least a little bit. “I should take my leave”

“But it’s raining hard,” Sehun sounds like he’s whining but Seungri is already leaving the shop.


a/n: i wanted to make a oneshot but then i'm like  it because i at oneshot and usually will make a cliffhanger and i hate cliffhangers. so yes, i'll still keep in touch with my other fic. probably will be updated tomorrow uvu so yes, i have schedule now and i'll make sure to take care of these two sehun x seungri fics well x)

comments, subscribes, and upvotes are highly appreciated 

mayflower means welcome, hospitaly, and new beginning ; almond blossom means hope, contemplation